Future Voting Gauntlet Themes

8 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

Take out Camilla on Nohr's side, put in M!Corrin.

(And for fairness, maybe take out Hinoka on Hoshido and put in F!Corrin)

I think it would be the other way around, to go with the boxart having M!Corrin on Hoshido and F!Corrin on Nohr.

On an unrelated note: I want Elibe characters in a gauntlet.  It's kinda disappointing that there was no Shanna in the fliers gauntlet and no Raigh or Nino in the mage one, especially since there were three Awakening dudes.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except we have no playable bow cavaliers in the game.

And I know cavalry means a unit on horseback. But once again, I said cavalry KNIGHTS, not just cavalry. But by your logic, then I just mean cavaliers, and no mage cavalry.

Astrid actually holds the rank of knight though. Rath doesn't. I say when it comes to them, we go by whether they canonically hold a title of knight or equivalent.

Well yeah we have no playable ones YET!  In due time I think they will be added.  

Just when you consider the fact that this game is bridging all FE games it's gets really complicated to classify some people in anything but the most general terms. Because much like @TheNiddo said Olwen and Reinhardt are a part of the cavalier line (I didn't actually know this so thanks for the information I never got much past the first couple chapters of 5). Finn Quan, Sigurd, and so much more have their own unique class lines that are similar to Cavaliers but are not part of that class line.  The only Bow cavalier in the entire series that could be included under these requirements is Astrid because all the others fall under a different class line. I get what you mean I just want you to understand how hugely complicated this can get when you try to add a qualifier this specific.

29 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Calvary literally means units on a horseback,  it has no distinction between physical and magic weaponry...  now if you were saying this is a Cavaliers gauntlet as in only people in the Cavalier class line you can do that but it gets hugely complicated when you also consider bow users (as they have moved in and out of that class line) and Judgral's varied horse classes. Making it so people like Astrid would be very hard to pin down whether they can be included in the gauntlet because it would be hypocritical to say that Rath can't be included but she can.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The title for Olwen (a horseback mage unit) is literally "Blue Mage Knight". The Mage Knight class is a magic using horseback class (magic being the primary weapon, swords or staves being the secondary). Similar classes include the Valkyrie/Strategist and Dark Knight classes.

Just.... shhh... I know, you guys, I know, but... just don't acknowledge and we don't have to keep hearing it .-.

7 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

If we want eight characters that aren't fan favorites, then I think the answer is clear. Have them all be characters in the free rotation. Plus it's characters everybody has - bonus!

Subaki, Sophia, Gunter, Donnel, Hana, Stahl, Wrys, Cecilia

That one actually sounds pretty cool. I mean... I don't see anyone siding with Wrys lol ;; maybe Felicia or Lissa instead....?? shrug

Thassa good idea though I like it

11 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

Take out Camilla on Nohr's side, put in M!Corrin.

(And for fairness, maybe take out Hinoka on Hoshido and put in F!Corrin)

I approuve of this idea (though it's sad Hinoka will never get her revenge... :( ) but I agree with Glaceon Mage: F!Corrin is iconically on Nohr, and M!Corrin on Hoshido. And there is still the possibility of Azura instead of F!Corrin. But I like this idea! :o

6 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The title for Olwen (a horseback mage unit) is literally "Blue Mage Knight". The Mage Knight class is a magic using horseback class (magic being the primary weapon, swords or staves being the secondary). Similar classes include the Valkyrie/Strategist and Dark Knight classes.

Never heard of that class, but it doesn't matter. I still meant only physical weapon cavalry knights since we just had a gauntlet focused on mages.

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Just.... shhh... I know, you guys, I know, but... just don't acknowledge and we don't have to keep hearing it .-.

That one actually sounds pretty cool. I mean... I don't see anyone siding with Wrys lol ;; maybe Felicia or Lissa instead....?? shrug

Thassa good idea though I like it

If Cecilia wasn't there, I would totally went for Wrys. Even if it was just for meme sake. I think I wouldn't be only one either...

We don't have the units in game for it yet, but I'd kinda like to see a Trainees Gauntlet. Two villagers from Gaiden/Echoes, two trainees from Sacred Stones, Donnel from Awakening, Mozu from Fates, and... I dunno if any other games in the series have trainees so just throw in another Gaiden villager and another SS trainee.

I have to disagree with an armor gauntlet. Because they'll want to split it Men vs Women again. And there's only one female armor knight they can possibly add to the game to make a fourth.

Spoiler

Meg.png.8e45e14c6c04b154ac31b5f7185380e0.png

Not worth it.

18 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I have to disagree with an armor gauntlet. Because they'll want to split it Men vs Women again. And there's only one female armor knight they can possibly add to the game to make a fourth.

Reveal hidden contents

Not worth it.

They could start putting in (less set) child units to get Kjelle or they could force Amelia into the role. Not the most elegant solutions but could possibly be preferable to many. Heck I'd almost prefer they add an empty suit of armour to get it up to 4. (The gender of the person who may or may not be inside that armour be darned) 

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not worth it.

Obviously they should go with the boss of Awakening Chapter 3 (Raimi) as that fourth female armor knight. I kid of course. Or do I? Yeah, I probably do.

4 hours ago, Luxian said:

Actually, I personnally want Nohr vs Hoshido, but Camilla would win again by a landslide...

Well to avoid that, they could have Nohr vs Hoshido except with the retainers, having Hoshido on one side and Nohr on the other.

The Bold names are the prefered retainer for each, but either is really possible

Nohr

Peri/Laslow vs Selena/Beruka

Niles/Odin vs Arthur/Effie

Hoshido

Saizo/Kagero vs Setsuna/Azama (Idc either of them is fine, I don't really like either)

Oboro/Hinata vs Hana/Subaki(same as Setsuna and Azama)

While there are a few that are more popular Odin and Oboro, They do not significantly outrank the others as much Camilla would for the siblings.

3 hours ago, goodperson707 said:

Heck I'd almost prefer they add an empty suit of armour to get it up to 4. (The gender of the person who may or may not be inside that armour be darned) 

Wait, so what you mean is Kellam?

As for gauntlet ideas, there could be a Christmas Cavalier when they add more units, as well as a Dancer one, (every dancer/singer would essentially have to be in it and include Nilis too.) same goes for a dragon gauntlet.

I will again put my vote to the Christmas Cavaliers. My favourite archetypes, for sure. They need to add some more into the game and then give us a gauntlet. I don't know if anyone would prove a fan favourite on that? I know Sain is pretty popular, but then isn't Kieran? Awakening people might vote Sully or Stahl... 

I know who I'd vote for. Ahhh, just add him to the game already, whoever makes this (it's not IS, is it? I don't know). I'll be your friend for life :D 

...Yeah, that's pretty much the only gauntlet I care about. The rest, I'll just vote for the characters as they come. 

3 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

Well to avoid that, they could have Nohr vs Hoshido except with the retainers, having Hoshido on one side and Nohr on the other.

The Bold names are the prefered retainer for each, but either is really possible

Nohr

Peri/Laslow vs Selena/Beruka

Niles/Odin vs Arthur/Effie

Hoshido

Saizo/Kagero vs Setsuna/Azama (Idc either of them is fine, I don't really like either)

Oboro/Hinata vs Hana/Subaki(same as Setsuna and Azama)

While there are a few that are more popular Odin and Oboro, They do not significantly outrank the others as much Camilla would for the siblings.

I didn't think about it, it's pretty clever :o Now that I think about it, most royals have already made an appearance in a gauntlet save Azura, Corrins, Ryoma, Xander and Sakura, so yeah it would be a welcome change. Now I really need this Nohr vs Hoshido gauntlet. xD

Thinking about it, I also hope they bring shapeshifters like Taguels, Laguz, Kitsune and Wolfskin soon so we can have Manaketes vs Other shapeshifters. It's strange we have different colors for Manaketes and not a single of the others

8 hours ago, Gustavos said:

If we want eight characters that aren't fan favorites, then I think the answer is clear. Have them all be characters in the free rotation. Plus it's characters everybody has - bonus!

Subaki, Sophia, Gunter, Donnel, Hana, Stahl, Wrys, Cecilia

Hey we want this to be fair, if you want to include wyrs in a gauntlet you will need Ike, Hector, Lyn, Lucina, Tharja,  Cowmilla and Roy to even stand a chance of taking him down. 

Fire Emblem Heroes has shown that canon is just a guide line for units stats and weapons. Give Hector distant counter but not Roy.

I don't really care what units IS puts on a horse emblem voting gauntlet, as long as it is evenly distributed. Though a bad guy gauntlet would be really fun.

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Hey we want this to be fair, if you want to include wyrs in a gauntlet you will need Ike, Hector, Lyn, Lucina, Tharja,  Cowmilla and Roy to even stand a chance of taking him down. 

Y'know I'm starting to see where the appeal of Wrys as a meme-ster is coming from. Imagining him from the viewpoint of the most casual of players, not only is he not the super cute cleric archetype, he's real old. And the only other male healer they probably know is Azama, an IRL troll. They ought to check out Wrys in his actual game. They'll be very glad they did.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Never heard of that class, but it doesn't matter. I still meant only physical weapon cavalry knights since we just had a gauntlet focused on mages.

But we also had a gauntlet that had only physical weaponry in the form of the fliers gauntlet. If anything, we've had more physical attackers so far. :P

That being said, I'd probably expect a Christmas Knights gauntlet at some point in the future, just not soon (with there only being two sets and all). We could have Ylisse, Archanea, Tellius/Magvel (likely Tellius with the current lack of Magvel characters outside the lords) and one generation from Elibe (Elibe NEEDS voting gauntlet representation; it has no representatives so far). Probably not gonna expect Fates since Kaze and Saizo would stick out like sore thumbs bigger than Subaki did in the fliers gauntlet.

Red Hair Vs. Blue Hair!

Eliwood Vs. Hector

Roy Vs. Seliph

Celica Vs. Eirika

Cordelia Vs. Caeda

I wanted to give Eirka and Cordelia another chance. I'd be team Eliwood. He's my favorite lord.

5 hours ago, Noble Of Pherae said:

Red Hair Vs. Blue Hair!

Eliwood Vs. Hector

Roy Vs. Seliph

Celica Vs. Eirika

Cordelia Vs. Caeda

I wanted to give Eirka and Cordelia another chance. I'd be team Eliwood. He's my favorite lord.

I imagine Roy would win.

Perhaps a child gauntlet?

Nino, Fae, Raigh, Lachesis, Roy, Selena, Sakura, Lucina.

I would put Lucina against Nino in the first round, so Lucina has a chance of being defeated before the round 2 bandwagonners arrive.

The other three matches would be Roy Vs Selena, Sakura Vs Lachesis, and Fae Vs Raigh.

And here's a less serious idea:

Spoiler

Fanservice gauntlet:

Female fanservice: Camilla, Tharja, Tethys (if she gets in the game), Lyn

Male fanservice: Kaze (if he gets in), Jaffar, Hector, Ephraim