Future Voting Gauntlet Themes

I'm not sure if someone already made a thread about this, but...

...what kind of Voting Gauntlet(s) would you like to see in the future?

I wouldn't mind seeing a Cavalry vs. Armors Gauntlet, if only so that I can have an excuse to support Sheena in it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had fliers and mages, now let's have a cavalry knight gauntlet!

Freddy, Abel, Cain, Stahl, Sully, Peri, Titania, and...huh, I'm not sure there's a fourth female cav knight in the game right now. I guess it'll have to be mostly males if the next banner doesn't add a new female. And in that case, I'll throw in Eliwood.

Regardless though, I'm team Freddy!

Edited by Anacybele

I think there was a thread similar to this one somewhere along the way... I remember proposing a Mages' voting gauntlet before our current one, lol. 'Course, I had the sense not to put Robin and Tharja in that one...

I think we also have almost enough myrmidons to do a full voting gauntlet with just them, after popular chars like Joshua and Mia get thrown into the mix... Navarre, Lon'qu, Karel, Fir, Hana, Hinata, and two aforementioned two are who I'd put in that gauntlet (no Lyn or Ryoma for obvious reasons lol). 

Honestly I don't think it's fair exclude characters that not just obviously fit, but are poster theme. Leave Lyn or Hector from Myrmidons and armor gauntlet and I will riot. I  guess lot of people would. 

Jeez there HAVE been quite a few of these topics already yeah lol.

And I couldn't even find the one that I posted in lol. 

Just now, Tenzen12 said:

Honestly I don't think it's fair exclude characters that not just obviously fit, but are poster theme. Leave Lyn or Hector from Myrmidons and armor gauntlet and I will riot. I  guess lot of people would. 

Sorry if I don't just want the obvious and popular choice to win, friendo, but I think our current gauntlet proves that including an obviously-popular character is a good way to predict results from the get-go and remove nearly all semblance of tension and competition. I might like Tharja, but I'm in agreement that it would have been much better to disclude her from the runnings. same goes for Lyn sadly, friendo. 

I don't really care what the theme is, so long as the nominees aren't chosen so that the winner can be predicted from a mile away.  There's no real reward for the character winning, so the entire point is to have fun, which is hard when the results are basically a foregone conclusion (as with Lucina/Camilla/Tharja).

Well IS could ad some more interesting mechanics... or not. Regardless, everyone should have chance support characters they like. I think that's what makes it fun.

Edited by Tenzen12

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We've had fliers and mages, now let's have a cavalry knight gauntlet!

Freddy, Abel, Cain, Stahl, Sully, Peri, Titania, and...huh, I'm not sure there's a fourth female cav knight in the game right now. I guess it'll have to be mostly males if the next banner doesn't add a new female. And in that case, I'll throw in Eliwood.

Regardless though, I'm team Freddy!

Cecilia and Olwen (Ursula too but she's a GHB  character therefore can't be pulled so she doesn't count) they're Mage Cavaliers but neither were in the mage gauntlet so they be fine to be included. Also having Cain, Abel, Stahl and Sully is also overkill on Christmas Cavs I prefer if it ended up Jagen/Cain, Eliwood, Fredrick, Reinhardt, Sully, Peri, Titania, and Cecilia. 

As for a gauntlet I would like to see I think it be cool to have dagger gauntlet once the add a few more female theifs/maids with Jaffar, Sazio/Kaze, Gaius/Volke, Jakob, Kagero, Felicia, Patty, and Cath. Team Jaffar for life.

4 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Cecilia and Olwen (Ursula too but she's a GHB  character therefore can't be pulled so she doesn't count) they're Mage Cavaliers but neither were in the mage gauntlet so they be fine to be included. Also having Cain, Abel, Stahl and Sully is also overkill on Christmas Cavs I prefer if it ended up Jagen/Cain, Eliwood, Fredrick, Reinhardt, Sully, Peri, Titania, and Cecilia.

No, sorry. They're not cavalry knights. They're mages. Big difference. I said exclusively cavalry knights. Also, since we just had a gauntlet for mages, I would prefer that the next one have none.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, sorry. They're not cavalry knights. They're mages. Big difference.

Calvary literally means units on a horseback,  it has no distinction between physical and magic weaponry...  now if you were saying this is a Cavaliers gauntlet as in only people in the Cavalier class line you can do that but it gets hugely complicated when you also consider bow users (as they have moved in and out of that class line) and Judgral's varied horse classes. Making it so people like Astrid would be very hard to pin down whether they can be included in the gauntlet because it would be hypocritical to say that Rath can't be included but she can.

2 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Calvary literally means units on a horseback,  it has no distinction between physical and magic weaponry...  now if you were saying this is a Cavaliers gauntlet as in only people in the Cavalier class line you can do that but it gets hugely complicated when you also consider bow users (as they have moved in and out of that class line) and Judgral's varied horse classes. Making it so people like Astrid would be very hard to pin down whether they can be included in the gauntlet because it would be hypocritical to say that Rath can't be included but she can.

Except we have no playable bow cavaliers in the game.

And I know cavalry means a unit on horseback. But once again, I said cavalry KNIGHTS, not just cavalry. But by your logic, then I just mean cavaliers, and no mage cavalry.

Astrid actually holds the rank of knight though. Rath doesn't. I say when it comes to them, we go by whether they canonically hold a title of knight or equivalent.

4 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Specifically... I think by FE4/FE5's definitions Olwen and Reinhardt are indeed part of the cavalier knights line. As the line (roughly) went Social Knight -> Lots of different things including some that used magic. Likewise there were things that were basically Generals that could also use magic IIRC?

Edited by TheNiddo

Well, Cav vs Armor, Green Cav vs Red Cav, Merc vs Myrm, Archers vs... Archers? ... if we still have class themed gauntlet.

Actually, I personnally want Nohr vs Hoshido, but Camilla would win again by a landslide...

But IS apparently likes to put at least ont juggernaut so I took a look at the CYL results. So far, the gauntlets covered Lucina(2nd), Camilla (4th), and Tharja(3rd) as obvious winners and other contenders Chrom, Ephraim, Leo, Eirika, M!Robin, Cordelia in the two top 10. Which means the only juggernauts are Ike, Lyn, Roy and Hector. 

Supposing they follow this trend then in the future, we may get:

If they go Ike vs Lyn, then Merc vs Myrm isn't farfetched.
If they go Hector, then Armor vs Cav is possible since there is not enough armors in the game to make an Armor gauntlet yet, unless they add 2 more knight until next month.
If they go archers then Takumi is certainly in.
And if they want to feature Ike, Lyn and Roy at the same time, then there could be a Smash themed gaunlet (Marth, Roy, Ike, Lyn, Robin, Lucina, Corrin and probably Chrom)
And if they want to feature all of them, then they could make a gauntlet of the CYL I suppose to match Ike, Lyn, Roy and Lucina's costumes... But a popularity contest of a popularity contest... sounds terrifying.

I'll just leave this here.

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Though I know the chances of it happening are next to none, I like the idea of June's gauntlet pitting the at that point eight released Grand Hero Battle characters against each other. They could be paired up according to the month where they were first released so we could have Narcian vs. Robin (F) and Ursula vs. Michalis on one side and Navarre vs. Zephiel and Xander vs. Lloyd on the other. I suppose instead of having banners, they could either re-run all eight Grand Hero Battles and/or offer quests that reward a copy of each character. Yes, I know this is very much a pipe dream but I think it would be a cool idea.

5 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Specifically... I think by FE4/FE5's definitions Olwen and Reinhardt are indeed part of the cavalier knights line. As the line (roughly) went Social Knight -> Lots of different things including some that used magic. Likewise there were things that were basically Generals that could also use magic IIRC?

Armored mages were enemy only, the only real option is Arvis.

Actually most Jugdral armor classes were enemy only.

7 minutes ago, Luxian said:

Actually, I personnally want Nohr vs Hoshido, but Camilla would win again by a landslide...

Take out Camilla on Nohr's side, put in M!Corrin.

(And for fairness, maybe take out Hinoka on Hoshido and put in F!Corrin)

If we want eight characters that aren't fan favorites, then I think the answer is clear. Have them all be characters in the free rotation. Plus it's characters everybody has - bonus!

Subaki, Sophia, Gunter, Donnel, Hana, Stahl, Wrys, Cecilia

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Armored mages were enemy only, the only real option is Arvis.

Actually most Jugdral armor classes were enemy only.

Hey, an option is an option. That would be a pretty sweet GHB unit: an armoured unit who uses magic instead of a melee weapon.

EDIT: @Gustavos Donnel got top 20 on the male side of the CYC voting. He has meme status. So he'd probably be the landslide winner. 

Edited by TheNiddo

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

EDIT: @Gustavos Donnel got top 20 on the male side of the CYC voting. He has meme status. So he'd probably be the landslide winner. 

Fine, replace him with Virion. Just keep Olivia out of it, she's popular and top tier in this game.

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, sorry. They're not cavalry knights. They're mages. Big difference. I said exclusively cavalry knights. Also, since we just had a gauntlet for mages, I would prefer that the next one have none.

The title for Olwen (a horseback mage unit) is literally "Blue Mage Knight". The Mage Knight class is a magic using horseback class (magic being the primary weapon, swords or staves being the secondary). Similar classes include the Valkyrie/Strategist and Dark Knight classes.