Refresher Units in FE Switch

How would you guys like to see refresher units (like Dancers) come back in FE Switch?

I wouldn't mind seeing Dancers coming back with Daggers instead of Swords as weapons, or alternatively GBA-style Bards with the added ability to wield Tomes like in the Jugdral games.

I don't really care. A dude refresher would be nice, but I wouldn't mind a chick as long as she is a decent character. That said, I'd be up for a support unit that can only counterattack similar to RD.

I suppose Daggers would be fitting for those femme fatale dancers. Moreso than those armor slaying bastard swords. I liked the lance/naginata choice as well, and felt it was wasted on Azura, a singer. Dancers can do a lot with a third leg. But the truth is, I preferred defenseless dancers. Especially when they were expanded into applying buffs like Ninian/Nils, or the Heron's different songs. I feel like they can be excellent support units in the late game if they had more abilities and passives. Especially since so many promotion classes end up getting staves that you don't need dedicated healers anymore.

FE Heroes is the only game that lets you field multiple of these units, and their solution was to make it so dancers can't dance each other. That way you can't bard train across the map one space at a time. And assuming the game has no pair up feature, I think having multiple dancers on a map wouldn't actually break it.

I need me a dancer with a twist. Buff-applier, multiple refreshes at once to make them relevant through to the late game for casuals, a combat role so that the decision to refresh or attack with the unit itself actually means something etc.

Personally, I want an Axe-Dancer just so we have all three weapons of the triangle represented by them.

Dancers with traditional weapons (sword/dagger/lance I guess...?? maybe you could make a case for axe or bow???) and Bards with magic is an idea that I've always liked, haha. I'm down. 

The reason I brought up a Dagger-wielding Dancer is because I thought Daggers would be a more sensible weapon.  If you need self-defense while maintaining mobility, Daggers would probably be an ideal choice for being relatively light and easy to conceal.  And, of course, you can always inflict debuffs if not significant damage, further emphasizing the class's support role.

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I liked the lance/naginata choice as well, and felt it was wasted on Azura, a singer.

Eh, she still kinda danced, didn't she? At least her attack animations were acrobatic I guess.

Did Olivia put away her Sword when she danced in Awakening? I actually can't remember. Azura still holds her lance I think.

I want to see me a Performer juggling Axes around, but maybe that's just me.

I think put two refresh Units in, but again, make it like Heroes where they can't give each other extra turns. An alternate route is to make it so no Unit can take more than two actions a turn, allowing each refresh Unit to hit each other once so they can catch up to the main group(seriously, 5 Movement is not enough when everyone else is on horses with at least 7), but preventing infinite loops.

I'd like to see something unique with the refreshers. One idea I have is a bard or musician on a horse. No idea how I came up with this, but it sounds cool. And this musician could use different instruments to do different things (I think similar to how the dancing rings worked in FE7). For Example: 

Harp could refresh the unit. Flute could boost def or res a bit. Drums could boost attack or spd. Other instruments could boost evasion or crit chance. There are a lot of possibilities.

Then upgraded items could refresh and boost stats a tiny bit. 

To limit these: item durability could return, or unit can only bring one or two instrument per battle.

Dancers having the ability to fight is pretty pointless in my eyes. Instead of ordering a dancer to attack, it's usually a much better idea to just let them dance for a stronger unit, so that unit can attack a second time, and they're to frail for counterattacking. 

Something I would like to see is enemy dancers. I think this already happened once in FE5, but it was only for one chapter.

33 minutes ago, Night Zap said:

Dancers having the ability to fight is pretty pointless in my eyes. Instead of ordering a dancer to attack, it's usually a much better idea to just let them dance for a stronger unit, so that unit can attack a second time, and they're to frail for counterattacking. 

Something I would like to see is enemy dancers. I think this already happened once in FE5, but it was only for one chapter.

I'd also love to see enemy Dancers come back.  I know they had some concept art in Awakening (looking similar to but not quite like Olivia).

Something more unique like the herons, plz. I'm tired of generic dancers, as much as I like Azura.

Either a magic one like the herons, except with the ability to attack, or a mounted singer that's a dude who's not girly or boyish at all. I'd absolutely LOVE a male singer that's a masculine guy. Give him a bit of muscle too! A manly man can be a good singer if he wants, man.

On 5/17/2017 at 5:17 PM, Gustavos said:

FE Heroes is the only game that lets you field multiple of these units, and their solution was to make it so dancers can't dance each other. That way you can't bard train across the map one space at a time. And assuming the game has no pair up feature, I think having multiple dancers on a map wouldn't actually break it.

...Come to think of it, now that you mention it, Mystery of the Emblem did this earlier; if Xane copies Phina, then he won't be able to dance like she can.  The reason we haven't seen this more often is because it's the only other game (not counting hacks, of course) in which the player can ever have access to two Dancers at the same time.