Something I wish they'd do with the Summoning pools...

BANRYU

...Is separate them down to Continent/generation. IE, a summoning pool for Archanea, one for Elibe, one for Awakening, and one for Fates-- plus another for the additional charactesr that have been introduced (along with maybe some other misc characters from other pools since I think otherwise the 'misc' category might be too small, even with all the Echoes/Tellius/Jugdral characters we've been getting...)

Frankly, this is something I always thought they were going to do, and would make summoning a HELL of a lot less frustrating... And I know, I know it's a gacha game and randomness and 'why would they make it easier', but... shit, man. I feel like a lot of people would prefer being able to do this and not have to see characters from a generation they don't care about-- for instance, I'm sick of seeing all these Archanea fodder characters that I couldn't care less about, I'd rather at least see garbage characters from the games I like....?? (or... I suppose 'have played' would be fairer but still)

It'd also make it a hell of a lot easier to pull specific units for Skill Inheritance due to reducing the pool of competition (especially reds, of whom there are a shitton), and it's not like it wouldn't still be random... So jeez. 

What do you guys think should they do something like this? I feel like it's not totally out of the question or unreasonable to ask for this or for something like it to be implemented...

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

...Is separate them down to Continent/generation. IE, a summoning pool for Archanea, one for Elibe, one for Awakening, and one for Fates-- plus another for the additional charactesr that have been introduced (along with maybe some other misc characters from other pools since I think otherwise the 'misc' category might be too small, even with all the Echoes/Tellius/Jugdral characters we've been getting...)

Frankly, this is something I always thought they were going to do, and would make summoning a HELL of a lot less frustrating... And I know, I know it's a gacha game and randomness and 'why would they make it easier', but... shit, man. I feel like a lot of people would prefer being able to do this and not have to see characters from a generation they don't care about-- for instance, I'm sick of seeing all these Archanea fodder characters that I couldn't care less about, I'd rather at least see garbage characters from the games I like....?? (or... I suppose 'have played' would be fairer but still)

It'd also make it a hell of a lot easier to pull specific units for Skill Inheritance due to reducing the pool of competition (especially reds, of whom there are a shitton), and it's not like it wouldn't still be random... So jeez. 

What do you guys think should they do something like this? I feel like it's not totally out of the question or unreasonable to ask for this or for something like it to be implemented...

I think it's unlikely they'll do something that's sole purpose is to let people spend less orbs, but you never know.

In all honesty, I think this is likely to happen once they've released a lot more units. There's a huge disproportion in terms of unit distribution right now, with games like Thracia 776 having just two units, FE 6 having 3 or 4 (not counting GHB units, which can't be summoned anyway), and games like Fates or Awakening having significantly more.

So, this will probably happen eventually, but not any time soon.

Maybe they could make it that units from the same game as the current banner focus get a little boost in droprate? Like if we say Bartre and Barst are both 2% drops now and there is a dank ass Percival banner then Barst drops to 1.5 and Bartre goes up to 2.5 for just that banner period.

Maybe they could have tokens that limited the pool to a certain game.  That way, they'd still get money, if people wanted to buy them, and they could give them away periodically.

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

I think it's unlikely they'll do something that's sole purpose is to let people spend less orbs, but you never know.

In all honesty, I think this is likely to happen once they've released a lot more units. There's a huge disproportion in terms of unit distribution right now, with games like Thracia 776 having just two units, FE 6 having 3 or 4 (not counting GHB units, which can't be summoned anyway), and games like Fates or Awakening having significantly more.

FE6  actually has 12; 14 if you count GHB, but seeing as how they're in the game anyway, I see no reason to count them out. As a continent, however, Elibe has more units than any other world (31) IF you discount duplicates from the Spring banner, which otherwise, puts them one unit behind Fates at 32. Without the Spring banner, Awakening has a decent amount at 19. The only games that are disproportionately screwed are any that weren't included into the base of the game and added as paralogues, being FE4-5, and 8-10. One COULD say Gaiden as well, but given as how the game's new, its understandable why they'd only start with a small number to prevent spoilers. Everything else, however...

As nice an idea it is, I can only see such an idea of picking what world to pull from happening when they REALLY bulk up the cast to having at least 15 units from every game. From there, its just a matter of whom to bring from the worlds that are lacking

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

So, this will probably happen eventually, but not any time soon.

If that's what it's gonna take, then I'll take what I can get lol.

But IDK, man... I don't think it's super out of the question or radical for Gacha games to have more specific pools beyond just stuff like the focus characters. But definitely as more and more characters get added, it seems kinda unreasonable to have such a wide pool of characters without some means of narrowing it down at least SOMEwhat. And as far as the specific numbers go... yeah, Elibe as the pool of FE6-7 characters is what I'm asking for. If Awakening and Archanea have comparatively fewer characters, then maybe the others can be added to them, IE add Jugdral to Awakening and Echoes to Archanea or something of the sort. Either way really. 

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There were almost 700 characters in the CYL poll. Seven hundred.
It’s inevitable that they will eventually allow us to narrow down the pool somehow.

That's my thinking too, but like... this is the sort of thing I kinda expected from the get-go and forgot that I was expecting until recently when I was thinking about it lol. 

I believe it was mentioned that they want to do something like seasons (similar to trading card game expansions) in the interview. I assume that means whenever they decide to start the next season, they'd add an entirely new 50+-character roster that's separate from the existing roster, allowing players to either pull from the previous pool or from the new pool.

I doubt they'll split an existing pool anytime soon.

Something that I would like to see are new 3* units. There is so many minor characters  they could add with some nice SI fodder.

Another unlikely thing to happen, change the summoning rules. I mean getting like 5 grey orbs when you are in for red or blue is annoying and amounts to a waste of orbs

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I believe it was mentioned that they want to do something like seasons (similar to trading card game expansions) in the interview. I assume that means whenever they decide to start the next season, they'd add an entirely new 50+-character roster that's separate from the existing roster, allowing players to either pull from the previous pool or from the new pool.

I doubt they'll split an existing pool anytime soon.

It's just that the pools are becoming too big is my main concern. Maybe this would have been more unreasonable for me to expect from the get-go, as I said I was, but Now? I think it's quickly becoming a different story. 

But ehh, you're probably not wrong. One can only hope. 

10 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Something that I would like to see are new 3* units. There is so many minor characters  they could add with some nice SI fodder.

Another unlikely thing to happen, change the summoning rules. I mean getting like 5 grey orbs when you are in for red or blue is annoying and amounts to a waste of orbs

Yeah, I agree. Too many of the new focus characters get added to the 5* pool, few get added to 4* (thank christ Soren did so I have a fair chance of getting him lol) and none to the 3* pool so far as I recall. It's problematic IMO. 

6 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Then allow me to retort by saying "Why not just have the option to buy the Heroes in general". I know it's gatcha game like you said, but God knows how tired I am from spending money to get Lyn. Of course given what kind of game this is, they're probably charge an outrageous price like $50 for a 3 star Ike & other popular Heroes but still.

My point is despite being a gatcha game I don't see it all that different from a trading card/tabletop game.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Then allow me to retort by saying "Why not just have the option to buy the Heroes in general". I know it's gatcha game like you said, but God knows how tired I am from spending money to get Lyn. Of course given what kind of game this is, they're probably charge an outrageous price like $50 for a 3 star Ike & other popular Heroes but still.

My point is despite being a gatcha game I don't see it all that different from a trading card/tabletop game.

To answer your question, that'd be "because you can find a middle ground between our current system and that proposal without sliding down a slippery slope" :| I see no reason why the suggestion of 'hey maybe we could make it easier to get specific things by breaking up the summoning pool a bit' has to be met with 'well I guess we should just buy individual units'. 

That might be a good analogy, with the TCG thing. You know what though? TCGs have separate expansions consisting of different cards you can get, and (at least with every TCG I've ever played/collected) they usually have different sets of common and rarer units.... y'know, kinda like I'm suggesting....??

8 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

To answer your question, that'd be "because you can find a middle ground between our current system and that proposal without sliding down a slippery slope" :| I see no reason why the suggestion of 'hey maybe we could make it easier to get specific things by breaking up the summoning pool a bit' has to be met with 'well I guess we should just buy individual units'. 

That might be a good analogy, with the TCG thing. You know what though? TCGs have separate expansions consisting of different cards you can get, and (at least with every TCG I've ever played/collected) they usually have different sets of common and rarer units.... y'know, kinda like I'm suggesting....??

I understand exactly what you're getting at, but I already spend over $80 to get Lyn. At this rate I love for anything to increase the chance to get her. :/

I'm just saying if something like Yu-Gi-Oh let's me buy the card (albeit out an outrageous price :dry:) that I want then something like "Heroes" shouldn't be all that at least in theory.

I mean if someone can tell me the downside of it I'm all ears.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I understand exactly what you're getting at, but I already spend over $80 to get Lyn. At this rate I love for anything to increase the chance to get her. :/

I'm just saying if something like Yu-Gi-Oh let's me buy the card (albeit out an outrageous price :dry:) that I want then something like "Heroes" shouldn't be all that at least in theory.

I mean if someone can tell me the downside of it I'm all ears.

I mean.... I wouldn't disagree with that at all, and dude that totally used to be a thing as it relates to Yu-Gi-Oh. It's long-closed by now, but while I was in high school there was a hobby shop where they sold individual rare YGO and Pokemon cards. Those seem to be dying out though, and the digital versions of such things (Hearthstone comes to mind) aren't exactly in the practice of allowing the individual units to be purchased. 

But yeah, I think I misunderstood what you were o a bit lol. I suppose it's a matter of 'these two things could maybe both happen (but probably won't tbh)'

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I mean.... I wouldn't disagree with that at all, and dude that totally used to be a thing as it relates to Yu-Gi-Oh. It's long-closed by now, but while I was in high school there was a hobby shop where they sold individual rare YGO and Pokemon cards. Those seem to be dying out though, and the digital versions of such things (Hearthstone comes to mind) aren't exactly in the practice of allowing the individual units to be purchased. 

But yeah, I think I misunderstood what you were o a bit lol. I suppose it's a matter of 'these two things could maybe both happen (but probably won't tbh)'

Alas, this is probably true. :(

Something like this is a wonderful idea...for players at least (maybe not for the people that want to make money XD), but it sounds kind of like wishful thinking. I like the idea of having two pools of characters, especially if it means getting 50+ new characters...and a lot of 3-4 star exclusives. I think a lot of us have gotten to the point that we're lucky to get any new characters at all from pulls. Getting the characters we really want is difficult enough as it is. But at this point, I really just want more diversity.

I think I have about 20 or so characters left to get. Getting new characters is a dream these days. The few I do need just don't seem to pull, even the 4*'s. It's a bit disheartening with all the duplicates. It'd be nice to be able to narrow down the pool or freshen things up a bit. 

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I think I have about 20 or so characters left to get. Getting new characters is a dream these days. The few I do need just don't seem to pull, even the 4*'s. It's a bit disheartening with all the duplicates. It'd be nice to be able to narrow down the pool or freshen things up a bit. 

That's exactly it-- it's fuckin' discouraging. The days of the Blazing Shadows focus were some of my darkest days with this game (weeks on end of nothing but 3* dupes lmao and no Ninian ofc) and it really just makes you not want to play. I know IntSys and Nintendo want money, but I assume they want their players to ENJOY the game enough to keep playing it too. 

Possible ideas...

Ruby Crest (cost: x Scarlet Badges): When used during a summoning session, increases the chance to get a red orb by <insert small percentage> for each orb.
Great Ruby Crest (cost: x Great Scarlet Badges): When used during a summoning session, increases the chance to get a red orb by <insert higher percentage> for each orb.

Of course you get Sapphire, Emerald and Colorless orbs as well, and they can be stacked (but only one color can be buffed per session)

Additionally:

Blazing Emblem: obtained by "sacrificing" up to 5 characters. When used during a summoning session, increases the chance to get a character from Blazing Blade by <insert small percentage> for each orb. This chance increases depending on the total stars of the character "sacrificed", and also increases for each character from Blazing Blade that was "sacrificed".

Emblems can also be stacked but only with the same type of emblem. Also a small compensation can be offered if, after using an emblem, you do a full summon session and get no characters from the desired region (feathers equal to 1/4 of the total feathers you would have gotten, had you returned the sacrificed characters home)

Emblems and Crests can be used together to increase the chances of getting a particular character, but there is a limit of X (5 or so?) total "slots" per session for both Emblems and Crests.

And finally...

Ladybird of Luck (potential story mode / quest / event reward, also unfortunately would be purchaseable with real monniez): When used during a summoning session, increases your chance of getting a 5* hero by <insert percentage here>.

I think that as the character pool increases even more, such things should be added to make narrowing down the scope of your summons possible while still, of course, keeping revenues high due to how these items would be obtained.

I wouldn't want it to use characters, since they're used for enough just with skill inheritance, but the idea of using badges to increase your chances of blues, etc, seems fair.