After the Shadows: Sign Ups (CLOSED)

Anacybele

So, I was thinking, maybe it'd be interesting to do an RP in the continent I created years ago and have been writing a lot of stuff for. It's named Altarais and it exists in the same world as Tellius, just across the sea to the west. Yes, the Tellius games say that all the continents in this world save for Tellius itself were destroyed in the Great Flood, but just hold up. It could be that the Tellians only BELIEVED this and that one or more continents actually survived without them knowing. Plus, Ike had to go somewhere after that ridiculous ending of his...

Anyway, this will take place not long (around a few years) after a big continent-wide war ended (what my fic is all about). The war is officially over, and the commanders and some soldiers of the winning armies finished celebrating their victory and went to their business in helping their respective nations recover and rebuild. During this war, the enemy nation used this continent's Fire Emblem, a stone with powerful magic called the Miracle Stone, to enshroud the entire land in literal darkness, and the protagonists had to stop them and use the same magic to reverse this (this will be explained a bit more further down the post). This war was known as the Shadow War.

This RP will be about some of the efforts to rebuild and recover, as well as taking care of stragglers from the enemy armies. There are still some left. Altarais has a history almost as wide as Tellius does, and a little of their history actually intertwines too. I'll go over it as I describe each of Altarais's nations. Altarais is somewhat like Tellius on the surface, but its history does have differences. They managed to make peace between the laguz and beorc much sooner, and the issues and conflicts throughout their history ended up being on a more personal level. The reason Altarais managed to survive the flood, however, was the efforts of three powerful light magic users of the Saint class. Their strength together actually ended up being enough to push the waves back and save the entire land. It wasn't without great cost, however, as the Saints' lives were lost in doing this. Their spirits and power, however, were sealed inside a stone they created. This is the Miracle Stone. And their relatives built a little village to house the stone in their honor. That village eventually became home to a full tribe of magic wielders and healers.

Now Altarais has ten nations, four beorc ones and six laguz. Here's a brief description of each:

Beorc Altarais Nations

Talgria - This one is pretty much an equivalent to Crimea in Tellius. It kind of has two halves separated by a mountain range. There are a lot of farms and agriculture, generally good people too. Its king, Wencelis, was killed in the Shadow War, however, and his sister, Louise (named before I knew FE7's Louise existed) is the newly crowned queen, and a Pegasus rider able to use swords, lances, and anima tomes. She's doing her best to fulfill her brother's wishes as he had told her with his dying breath. Within Talgria is the Elhorhi earldom, ruled by earl Azura. She's the lord character of my fic and was born a commoner, but when the tribe she was born into, the same tribe mentioned above, was massacred in a previous war twenty two years before the Shadow War, King Wencelis chose to expand that tribe's land into an earldom, and Azura, as the daughter of the tribe's chief, was granted the right to rule over it. However, Talgria only looks peaceful and happy on the surface. Its history actually has several questionable events. This nation was once at war with neighboring Astryn, and then refused to document it. Many of the present Talgrians have no idea this war even happened due to this. Not even the current royal family knew until Wencelis had done some digging. Back at the time of this war, Talgrians were rather greedy and prideful and didn't want to "hurt" their reputation. Ever since, these two nations have been on pretty unfriendly terms and only during and after the Shadow War were any efforts to fix that begun. And only Astryn seems to remember how...well, awful this nation used to be. Talgria was also one of several nations that left Melora hanging in a dire time of need and before peace between the races here had been made, they also had wars and skirmishes with the laguz. Talgria does have a friend and ally in Cilae though (and of course, Cilae didn't acknowledge that war with Astryn either to help their friends). Talgria's capital is the city of Aracion and their army is mainly made up of cavalry, physical infantry, and heavy knights. RPers deciding to use characters from this nation could be part of Azura's army or part of Queen Louise's. Or simply mercenaries hired by them or something, it's up to them. The main army is led by General Leyon of the Royal Knights and General William and General Russell of the infantry troops. Russell is Leyon's older brother. Leyon and Azura were also wed after the Shadow War and they have a daughter named Nancy.

Cilae - This is the most technological and religious nation of Altarais, ruled by Queen Belinda, a woman and master of the sword (meaning she's of the Trueblade class). They don't like fighting and prefer to study and advance technology and religion. They worship Ashunera, not exactly knowing that she'd been split into Yune and Ashera during the flood. So Cilae's army isn't exactly massive or anything. Their troops are mainly made up of Pegasus knights and mages. This country does have the best medicine and medical treatments available though, and they're also kind enough to share this with the rest of the continent if need be. They're on best terms with Talgria, but both Astryn and Eraghoa hate them and Cilae doesn't exactly like them either. During the Shadow War, however, Melora had ransacked them and taken over their capital of Jerusa, and Talgria and a few other nations came together to set aside their differences and help take the nation back. RPers with characters here can serve Belinda or be mercenaries or one of those wise people studying tech and medicine. The Pegasus knights are led by General Eilonwy.

Astryn - Talgria isn't the only one that's had an ironic history. Astryn is the largest nation in Altarais and closest to being an equivalent to Begnion. It's not an empire though, and has a king and queen like the other nations. Its rulers are the newly crowned and newly wed King Bryan and Queen Faline. Both of them grew up as commoners and have no experience at this kind of thing, yet they are determined to make this country much better than it is. Astryn, despite its size, is the poorest nation here by far. Many people have little food or money, even in the capital of Medann and the nobles have only spent their time arguing about who would take the throne. Their ruler at the time was a very ailing queen and twenty two years prior, they'd been practically destroyed by one of Melora's generals who sought to rule it himself in the name of his king. Bryan was the only remaining heir left after his mother, the queen's sister, had been killed by said general, but his father took him and fled to Talgria to hide until Bryan was ready to learn who he really was and what he needed to do. Astryn hates Talgria because of their history, and this is a gap Bryan and Faline definitely wish to bridge. Astryn wasn't always poor though. In fact, they were once the most powerful nation in Altarais. Their army was made up of every kind of unit imaginable on this continent, with the Pegasus knights and Dracoknights the biggest pride and joy there. They had amazing architects and buildings, and plenty of resources which they even had no problem sharing. Talgria didn't make this easy having been right at the eastern border, however, and then both they and later Melora brought this nation into a severe slump. Both nations are hated by Astrynians all over the country. Yet, they were also once on fairly good terms with Melora (more about this is in the Melora section). RPers here would mainly be helping with a lot of reconstruction or being new recruits to Astryn's now small army. Faline leads the remaining Pegasus knights, General Eric and General Lartz lead the Dracoknights, while General Alec leads the rest of the army. Bryan and Faline also have twin heirs, Prince Alex and Princess Calina.

Melora - This was the antagonistic nation of the Shadow War, whom everyone else banded together to defeat. It wasn't easy, however, as Melora's history allowed it to dethrone Astryn as the powerhouse nation of the continent. Astryn wasn't the only one ravaged by disaster here, as Melora also was nearly destroyed once. But not by another nation. This was a natural disaster that came out of nowhere. Half of the northern Altarais coast is made up of a line of volcanoes. Melora is on the western end of this northern coast, so it has a majority of these volcanoes. Several hundred years before, a number of them erupted at once, spreading dark smoke and clouds over the nation and a small portion of Cilae to the east. Cilae solved its own problem easily with its tech and wisdom, but nobody bothered to help Melora, the once beautiful and flower-filled nation that was now effectively a wasteland. The people there could only adapt by becoming nothing but fighters. Fighting to survive at all. Astryn was at least able to grow a little food and had some allies in the dragon and hawk laguz. Melora couldn't grow anything anymore, and could only hunt what animals they could find and tear each other apart getting this food. Over time, so many of them became warriors and fighters that their army grew to unimaginable numbers. Melora also once aided Astryn against Talgria in their war, as both did not like the way Talgria was treating them at the time. However, Astrynians ended up leaving some of their Meloran allies to die at the hands of the Talgrians, which only made things worse for Melora. Melora also wound up scaring away their former friends, the heron laguz of Secaini. Nobody mentioned them favorably in history either. They eventually became strong enough to start two wars. The first war was the one where Bryan's mother was killed and Astryn was officially decimated to poverty levels. The second was the Shadow War. They had become so bitter and tired of living the way they did with no help that they decided to take that stone, use its power, and attack. They allied themselves with a large organization of bandits and thieves known as the Red Claw (who has some stragglers left after the Shadow War). Previously, the Red Claw was just a group of outlaws who were trying to survive. But over time, that changed as they grew in numbers and strength. And they became some pretty awful people. They were led by a gruff warrior named Bernard during the Shadow War, but he was defeated by Talgria's General Leyon. Melora once had a king named Darthen, but he was defeated during that first war. It was then ruled by his wife Queen Isis, who was defeated in the Shadow War. Her son, Prince Royce, was also killed in it. The only heir left was his younger sister, Erys, who is now queen and working to restore Melora to the beautiful nation it once was. Their arm has a lot of Dracoknights, Swordmasters, axe infantry, and some mages. Melora is currently somewhat divided, as some of its people support Erys's efforts while others don't give a damn about helping and still just want to survive. RPers can join either side here.

Laguz Altarais Nations

Eraghoa - This is the wolf laguz nation of Altarais located right north of Talgria and right south of Cilae, ruled by King Rothgar. Their border is made up by a vast and beautiful forest that was the main reason the beorc and laguz here were able to make peace. They both found that this forest was so lovely that neither could bear to fight in it and cause damage there as a result. It was named the Forest of Hope due to this. The wolves here are mainly skilled hunters, as well as great cooks. Their nation runs off of their talent with food. During the beorc-laguz conflicts, however, they were ransacked by Melora, and left starving when many of their food sources were overtaken or destroyed. People from Cilae up north were also escaping across the border from an attack and when the wolves found them...well, let's just say they found new things to add to their menus. Ever since, these two nations have not been on good terms. Eraghoa and Talgria are pretty neutral to each other though and don't mind helping one another when they need it. Eraghoa's main military commander is General Derien. I never named this nation's capital though, so any ideas here would be appreciated.

Perais - The island nation of Perais is home to the raven laguz. The bird laguz mainly work as messengers, mercenaries, or spies for the other nations, as it's convenient due to their ability of flight and that each bird laguz nation is at one corner of the continent. The two Perais islands are at the northeastern corner next to Cilae. The bird laguz don't mind this work at all and it's how they earn a lot of money and resources for their small homes. The raven laguz are mainly messengers. They're ruled by Queen Lilah. They and the other eastern coast nations are susceptible to tropical storms and hurricanes, however, so they sometimes share Cilae's advanced ships in attempts to avoid these. One such tropical storm actually almost derailed Azura's group en route back to Eraghoa during a mission in the Shadow War. Any RPers using raven laguz would most likely be messengers helping Talgria, Cilae, or Eraghoa.

Orenias - The dragon laguz nation of Altarais, located south of Larame and west of Astryn, didn't play a role in the Shadow War until rather late, but they joined when they found their Astryn allies were in some trouble again. The dragons were friends with Astryn for a very long time and they share a close friendship down to their royal families. Ruled by King Cragen, they were heartbroken when they saw Astryn in the slump it went into and when their queen died. They fought hard alongside them in the Shadow War as well, only to lose a beloved general as well as their own queen in it. Cragen remains as strong as he can though, despite being overprotective of his daughter. His wife and daughter are the only blue dragons in existence, btw. But because of their relationship with Astryn, however, they're not on friendly terms with Talgria or Cilae.

Larame - This is the beast laguz nation right south of Melora, whose ruler actually has yet to be named (ideas are welcome). They're not on great terms with Orenias, mainly due to hunting and territory issues. They often argue over who is allowed to hunt what and where at their border. However, the beast laguz of Larame highly value loyalty, making up for mistakes, and returning favors and repaying debts. They join the Shadow War against Melora when a big misunderstanding leads them to make accusations against Astryn of attacking them and Astryn proves themselves innocent. As an apology, they more than agree to help out. One of their military leaders, a white tiger named Vorcas, becomes a little TOO loyal to Bryan, much to his chagrin (Vorcas is like a laguz version of Frederick lol).

Secaini - The two-island nation of Secaini, west of Melora, is home to the heron laguz here. They were once good friends with Melora until the latter's changes scared them off. Secaini feels bad, however, and does legitimately want to help and rekindle their friendship. But they don't know how and are afraid to try out of fear of getting hurt. However, Melora decided to use that to their advantage in the Shadow War and manipulated them into fighting the war on their side. One heron defected to the other side, however, to help save them. And even now, Secaini's ruler (who also has no name right now, but I'd like it to be a queen) still wants to revive that friendship. Melora's new queen, Erys, thankfully also wants this and even begged forgiveness for the manipulation.

Recathe - This is the hawk laguz nation of Altarais, located south of Astryn. It plays the most minor role in my fic, but they were highly involved in the war twenty two years prior to the Shadow War. They were often hired by Astryn as mercenaries and messengers, and sometimes to help noble families in Astryn. Sometimes they even babysat their kids. lol As such, they also tried to help them against Melora at that time and were fine with helping again in the Shadow War.

As you can see, over history, the nations of Altarais were entangled in personal vendettas against each other for sometimes petty reasons and it's led to wars. They forgot more important things and focused too much on themselves at times instead of working together more often. The Shadow War finally taught them that lesson and only now are they learning to do more teamwork and, well, basically get along better.

You can RP a character in any nation, just post a thorough profile with the name, class, main weapon, physical description, personality, history, etc. Well, if anyone's interested. I'll post a profile template too, if that's the case. And I'll answer any questions about the Shadow War's plot or this RP's plot and post all the characters I'll use and all.

Also, my fic did use a couple canon character pairings, mainly Ike x Elincia and Boyd x Mist. But I can cut all that out here if people prefer. I'd still like to have had Ike hired to help in the Shadow War, but I can definitely cut the romance with Elincia and any mention of Boyd and Mist having been together too. Of course, if nobody complains, I'll keep them in as well. It's up to anyone who's interested in this RP.

EDIT: Okay, here's a list of characters I may use or mention in the RP. Obviously, not all of these will actually be used, but many of them will probably get mentions. Click here to see the about me section of my profile, and scroll down to the FE: Dawn of Darkness list. Those are all the characters that have appeared in the story so far, and there will be a few more that aren't there yet. I'll add the profiles of the ones I'll most definitely be using in this thread when I have more time.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not the best at keeping up with RP stuff(especially with Echoes coming out tomorrow), but as long as you don't mind me mixing my own overarching storyline into it(to a limited extent of course) I'll give it a try should others be interested with two characters for now. Also holy crap, you went deep with the world building.

First is Arilon, World Wanderer.

Class: SoulWeaver(Personal Class, Infantry-Type Unit, 6 Movement, Weapons - Swords, Daggers{assuming those are available in this continent, ignore if not}, Tomes, Axes)

Personal Skill(because I always like to look at it from a video game perspective): Otherworld Mystery - This Unit can wield any Personal or Legendary Weapon(e.g. Alondite, Ragnell, etc.) while in the correct Class if this Unit has achieved at least an A Rank in that Weapon Type in any Class.

Appearance: Clad in Dread Fighter-esque garb, Arilon wears a hood obscuring the upper half of his face. His cloak bears a strange emblem belonging to none of the known lands(in all of FE), a blood-colored skull-like helmet with curving thorns. The sleeves of his gear also have strange slits down by the wrists, as though to allow blades to slide through, but no one has discovered what odd manner of blade could be properly used with such slits.

Personality: A relatively quiet person at first, Arilon often assists people in need he comes across, which has occasionally gotten him in trouble as he takes the wrong side of an argument simply because he was asked for help first. However, he refuses to assist any cause he doesn't believe in himself, which has also gotten him on the wrong side of people in the past because they felt their plight worthy of assistance but he chose otherwise. As one gets to know him, however, he quickly becomes surprisingly light-hearted, shrugging off insults and often seeming cheerfully apathetic to the world around him and the gravity of many situations that would have others concerned.

History: A traveler surrounded by mystery, he travels the land, searching for something, though nobody has been able to ascertain what exactly that something is. Things he's said implies that he has played a part in many legends, though not one person he's ever spoken to about his past has recognized the names and places of said events(coughotherFEworldscough). He also keeps a special sword wrapped in a magic fabric that he guards with utmost care, and only one person, sworn to secrecy, has ever seen the actual blade. Though many have called him an idle boaster, it's been proven that underneath his hood a blindfold constantly covers his eyes, showcasing his prowess in battle as well as some unknown skill, as his blindfold is never removed yet he never falters while moving about.

Now for the other: Marita, Cheerful Traveler.

Class: LightSworn(Personal Class, Infantry-Type Unit, 6 Movement, Weapons - Lances, Bows, Staves, Light Magic)

Personal Skill: Offensive Defender - This Unit can use Shields to attack. Also, this Unit is immune to all "Seal" Skills.

Appearance: Though Marita also wears Dread Fighter-esque garb, hers is more like the Hoshidan Dread Fighter than Arilon's Valentian-style gear. Also, hers bears a much brighter color scheme, with white and gold as opposed to Arilon's black and silver. She has hair described as "a blue almost black"(Hair Color 03 in Awakening I think) and a cheery aura about her.

Personality: On the surface, Marita appears to not give a crap about anything in the world, but underneath she's been shown to be very caring, especially where children are concerned, and she will often help those she sees as being oppressed, whoever said oppressors may turn out to be.

History: If not much is known about Arilon, even less is certain about Marita, with all accounts of her varying in great degrees about multiple things. The only agreed-upon facts about her are she's been following Arilon for some time for an unknown reason, and that her skill in battle is nearly on his level if not on par with him. She often refers to him as her "counterpart", though it's uncertain what exactly she means by this as it doesn't appear to signify any special relationship. She carries a special, intricate Lance that has a special covering upon the blade part, preventing others from viewing the blade, and she keeps this Lance on her person at all costs.

Name: Farengar Fire-Eater

Class: Red Dragon Laguz (can use Fire Magic in transformed mode)

Skill: Fire Breath (can use Fire Magic when transformed)

Appearance: Hooded blue tunic, red hair, and unlike most dragon laguz, has visible wings even when not transformed. His transformed state is as large as a town hall, sporting scales the color of rust, and having 4 horns on his head. When transformed, his knowledge of Fire Magic helps him to actually breathe fire when transformed.

Personality: Farengar, being a scholar before his current job as a diplomat, has the mindset of a bureaucrat with the wisdom of a sage. Whether called upon to settle disputes or to investigate more ancient matters, Farengar will strive to complete any goal set before him.

History: Farengar is the son of Manjaro, the slain General of the Shadow War. Manjaro was initially disappointed that Farengar decided to dedicate himself to study rather than combat, but once Manjaro found out that through study, Farengar could breathe actual fire, he started to come around to his reading. He further found faith in his son when King Cragen appointed Farengar as chief diplomat to the Western Nations, with emphasis being put on the nations of Eraghoa, Cilae, and Talgria. When Orenias finally declared war on Melora, Farengar wished to embark alongside Manjaro, but Cragen forbid it, citing Farengar's mind to be stronger than his body. When Manjaro died, both son and King alike mourned together, becoming close friends in their own right. When notified by the diplomats of Talgria that they wished to expand negotiations with Astryn, Farengar was all too happy to mediate the exchange, not only because of his own negotiation skill, but also because he could literally scare both sides into submission if sufficiently angered.

Edited by Hylian Air Force
Edited for actual dragon name

Ah... I should have mentioned that I had a name for that slain dragon general already. It's Manjaro.

Otherwise, all looks good to me! My apologies for the missing details. I should add a link to a list of characters that I might possibly use or mention.

Edited by Anacybele

Um, hate to be a buzzkill, but you're actually going to allow a dragon laguz with wings in human form? The rest of him seems fine to me though.

If everyone's okay with it, I'll use my OC x canon pair, Boyd is the canon. If not I'll use someone else.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

Um, hate to be a buzzkill, but you're actually going to allow a dragon laguz with wings in human form? The rest of him seems fine to me though.

If everyone's okay with it, I'll use my OC x canon pair, Boyd is the canon. If not I'll use someone else.

At least it's not a real manakete. Also, he doesn't fly, they're too small. It was an aesthetic choice, not one that has any real use.

53 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

It doesn't bother me or the plot. But yeah, your Boyd and Cerai are fine with me, of course.

Okay. It'll probably be Cerai, Leo, and Samba at first, might need more of the gang, might not. Will post their signups later.

Also @Hylian Air Force: me and Ana's headcanon has red dragons breathing fire anyway, fyi. I still think even though the wings are tiny and flightless, they don't really belong since no other dragon laguz have them, but it's up to Ana.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

Okay. It'll probably be Cerai, Leo, and Samba at first, might need more of the gang, might not. Will post their signups later.

Also @Hylian Air Force: me and Ana's headcanon has red dragons breathing fire anyway, fyi. I still think even though the wings are tiny and flightless, they don't really belong since no other dragon laguz have them, but it's up to Ana.

I didn't know, but I'll still keep it, because Breath seems far more explosive than incendiary, and it's also in case I need to snipe with Meteor.

47 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I didn't know, but I'll still keep it, because Breath seems far more explosive than incendiary, and it's also in case I need to snipe with Meteor.

Okey, but whether or not sniping with meteor is allowed is up to her.

Name: Xandra, Crazy Prodigy

Class: Thunder Mage

Skill: Crazy Risk [10% chance of dealing double damage, 10% chance of hurting herself]

Appearance:Bright and messy ginger hair, has a yellow T-shirt with a black "X" on it, orange gloves, a rainbow tutu, orange witch boots and has a big yellow cape with an "X" markd on it, she usually puts a faint pink makeup thing (I don't remember how it's called) around one of her eyes.

Personality: She does not like to be treated like a child, she believes that every single children can survive on their own, because she herself has survived on her own. She hardly simpatizes with adults, being rude to them, but being kind and nice to children. She is willing to fight for what she wants  and will kill her enemy without regrets. Some of the things she does can be considered "crazy" by many, but she always says that every action she does has a meaning.

History: She was traumatized after seeing both her parents suiciding in front of her when she was only 5 years old in the Continent-War. After disappearing for 8 years, she appeared at Cilae to dedicate herself to studies, after being rejected because of being to young, she started casting thunders so powerfull that she had to be accepted. Some time later she became the youngest teacher of Cilae.

Edited by OrangePerson
Had to change her personality, din't like it.

Alright, looks like we have enough people now. No more, please. xP I'm sorry, but if we get anymore than what we've got, this will get too overwhelming and hard to follow.

I'll still going to post a link to all the characters I've given names to so far. But a few who aren't there may show up too (as the fic actually isn't finished. I just have a very good idea of how it will end), just to point out.

Okay I reserved a spot. Might as well put mine up now. Ana already knows all of these, but...

I'm on my phone, the format for the first line is race/gender/class/age. Something to do in the camper, no wifi so yeah. Following the first line is weapons/skills. Then appearance. Then personality. Then history and relationships.

Cerai

Beorc/female/wyvern trooper/30

Killer lance, steel bow/canto, wrath

Shoulder length red hair, green eyes. Average build. Battle outfit is green and blue flier armor and boots, casual outfit is normally simple tunics and pants. Her steed is an orange female with blue eyes named Blaze. Female wyverns are slightly smaller than males.

Sarcastic and prone to using profanity. Competitive, witty, and a jokester. Major tomboy, hates dresses and skirts. 

From Crimea, runs a mercenary group with her twin brother Leo. Their mother was a captain in the small Crimean Air Force, their father was a soldier, and both parents were killed by bandits when the twins were 18. Cerai's love interest is Boyd of the Greil Mercenaries, the two groups are allies. He may or may not show up.

Leo

Beorc/male/wyvern lord/30

Steel lance, short axe/canto, counter

Short red hair, green eyes, birthmark below left eye. Armor is yellow and tan and wears tunics and pants casually. Average build. Wyvern is white, brown eyes, male, and named Frostbite.

Fierce, sore loser, witty. Loyal to allies. Can make stupid decisions. Stubborn. Thinks chicks dig his birthmark.

Same history as his sister. His love interest is Eloin, a pegasus knight from the air force. If she's needed I'll post her up.

Samba

Laguz/male/cat/36

Razor claw, short fang/disarm

Short gray hair, gold eyes, black striped tail. Shifted, he's gray with black stripes. Slightly lanky build. Wears tunics, pants, boots, and a bandana around his neck.

Friendly, cheerful, enjoys hanging out in cat form. Will threaten to claw anyone who uses the word "sub human" in his presence. Loyal to allies, especially his adopted siblings.

Born in Gallia, but raised in Crimea by Cerai and Leo's parents after he was orphaned in a border skirmish. No love interest yet. He acts as the second in command or resident furball of the mercenary group his adopted siblings run.

These three I guess are traveling or offering to help with the after war cleanup etc.

Alrighty! :)

Sorry I haven't posted my profiles yet, I've still been in the middle of a bunch of stuff. But believe me, I'll be getting to this asap. I should have more time in a couple days or so.

Alright, I've got more time on my hands now, so here are the three characters I'll be using the most, other than Ike and Elincia if I include them (same with their kids, though they would not have much of a role since they would be pretty young, around toddler age for one and infant for the other).

Azura (btw, she was named long before Fates was a thing. I created her in 09 lol)

Name: Azura

Class: Lord

Main Weapon: A steel greatlance, but sometimes she will use a unique lance called Anacybele too (where my username comes from). It's a magic light lance that targets res instead of def. It has elaborate gold and light blue coloring. Azura also wields swords, mainly a silver blade.

Physical Description: She has long dark red hair partially tied into a ponytail and wears light blue armor along with a small blue cape and dark blue gloves. Her tunic is a light red and her boots are brown.

Personality: Due to having been raised as a commoner, Azura isn't your typical noble when it comes to her personality. She's more brash and "tough" and doesn't take crap. She also doesn't like people treating her differently simply due to her gender and she takes a bit longer to warm up to guys than to girls due to this. Even so though, she loves her husband, Leyon, and baby daughter, Nancy, with everything she's got. Nancy was only born months prior to this, so lately she's been juggling both motherhood and being an earl. Leyon's also traveling a lot between the Talgrian capital and the freshly finished Castle Elhorhi for his duties.

History: Azura was born in a village hidden deep within the Talgrian mountains, to a tribe dedicated to magic and healing as well as guarding the sacred Fire Emblem of Altarais, the Miracle Stone. When the Elhorhi village was massacred during a war that occurred not long after Azura's birth, however, her mother took the stone, escaped all the way to a port town on Talgria's eastern coast, and left the baby girl at a woman's doorstep there while fatally injured along with half of the Miracle Stone itself. Azura was then raised by the woman, named Lorelle, and knew nothing of how she came to be there. The other half of the stone was magicked away with a warp spell to a random location where nobody would find it for years. Melora managed to, however, and the Shadow War happened. Azura became one of the primary commanders of the army fighting against them due to her status as the lone survivor of the Elhorhi tribe. Only she could safely tap into the Miracle Stone's power due to being descended from its creators. She still guards it today and doesn't bother with its power. She doesn't want to be thought of as "special" because of her heritage or anything, she simply wants to protect the stone from anymore danger.

Leyon

Name: Leyon

Class: Gold Knight

Main Weapon: A throwing axe called Olegxing. It's colored in blues and golds with a silvery blade. It was a birthday gift from Leyon's brother.

Physical Description: Leyon has burnt orange hair, brown eyes, and is clad in elaborate red armor with gold trim. He has a white cape and rides an elegant white horse with brown-red trapping.

Personality: Leyon's not super serious for a general, that's for sure. He's a bit more casual and wasn't born a noble, but instead rose to high ranks along with his older brother, Russell. Russell had gone missing one day after a mission, however, and after he didn't turn up for days and then months and then three years, he was presumed dead. During the Shadow War, a clue to his whereabouts had finally been discovered, and it showed that he could've possibly been alive. He was found having been kept a prisoner and test subject of the Melorans when a monster turned out to be him after a nasty transformation spell. It was lucky that he hadn't been killed in the encounter. During Russell's absence, however, Leyon was less happy than usual and he developed a habit of trying to get his fellow knights and allies dates and relationships. He actually succeeded with one pair too, in axe paladin Marc and lance paladin Leona. He's also been trying to get his deputy commander, Natalie, with a lance paladin named Eliot. It took his mind off any troubles he had. Leyon also felt like all women should have men in their lives to help them. This rubbed Azura the wrong way at first, and when Leyon saw how she really functioned, he ended up falling in love with her himself and later winning her heart. Despite his cupid ways, Leyon does his duty to the best of his ability and is an effective commander.

History: Leyon and Russell were both mainly raised in Talgria's capital by their grandmother when their parents had been slain in the first war Melora started involving the Miracle Stone. Leyon learned a bit of poetry from his grandma too. He mainly looked up to his brother though, and both wanted to be great army commanders someday. Leyon was mainly following in his brother's footsteps to do so. This was because after their grandma passed away when they were still fairly young, Russell was the one to take care of his brother. They were both taught by former knight deputy commander Bronwyn.

Bryan

Name: Bryan Casimir Novat

Class: Astryn King

Main weapon: A lance with a lightning bolt-shaped blade called Eronite. Known as the thunder lance due to its blade, though it is not magic. It can also be thrown like a spear or javelin, but Bryan doesn't usually use it that way since he's not that good with throwing spears and javelins.

Physical Description: Bryan looks a tad young for his age and has olive green hair that sticks up a bit in the front and green eyes. He wears an elaborate suit of green armor along with a long, dark blue cape with light blue embroidery. His tunic is a greenish blue. He wears a gold circlet with lightning bolt shapes around his head with an emerald embedded into it due to his nickname, the Emerald King. The lightning bolt shapes also match Eronite well.

Personality: Bryan isn't the most manly of men, I suppose. He cries a bit more often than a guy usually would. He especially did this as a kid. He used to hate fighting a lot too, but he's since grown far out of that and become one of the strongest warriors on the continent. He was bullied a lot as a kid, so he has a tendency to lash out when someone calls him weak or something similar. He also sucks at keeping secrets and is quite a blabbermouth. His diplomacy skills aren't the best either, and he never really acts like a proper noble, let alone a proper king, but he does his best to lead Astryn alongside his queen, the lovely dark pink-haired Pegasus rider Faline. Both of them love their small twin children too. Bryan always means the best for his people and values his friends, especially his best friend, Talgrian platoon leader and well known archer, Skye.

History: Bryan was born in Astryn to Princess Caline and Grand Duke Owen. However, when Melora attacked and fires and destruction spread, they attempted to flee to Talgria. Sadly, Caline was killed by the attacking army's general, Shigo after the couple was separated by accident. Owen found her at her last breath while still clutching the infant Bryan. She died in her husband's arms and while in tears, Owen took his son and continued to run across the border. He raised Bryan in a mountain village there. Unfortunately, people there weren't very welcoming of the boy as he grew older. Kids picked on him a lot because of his tendency to cry and get scared of certain things like heights and such. Adults thought he was weird in that he wanted to read about lancing rather than play outside a lot and that he seemed babyish for crying if he so much as got a scrape on his knee. Thankfully, Bryan met another boy named Skye one day, who forced some children to leave him alone. They were best friends from that day forward and later joined the Talgrian army together. General William saw great potential in Bryan and eventually made him a platoon captain. Bryan and Skye later met Faline when she'd gotten lost from her group on a mission from Cilae. She'd fallen deeply in love with him, but wouldn't see him for another year after that. He reunited with Faline and met Azura during the Shadow War and fought alongside them. It was here that he would realize his own love for Faline. When Bryan would later discover his Astryn royal heritage though, his life changed greatly. He then dedicated himself to helping his real nation and people, with Faline at his side. It was hard for him and Skye have to be far apart for the first time in their lives, but they knew each had important duties. Bryan was going to be crowned king and Skye was taking over Bryan's platoon as the new captain and would do a lot of work for Azura at Castle Elhorhi. Bryan was crowned, then wed Faline and had her crowned his queen. She would give birth to their twins, Alex and Calina, two years later, stunning pretty much everyone who was there to meet the new heirs. None of the royal doctors and physicians had detected two babies inside Faline's womb the entire pregnancy.

I'll probably use Skye and Faline to some extent as well and will get profiles for them up later. This is a bit of a long post now. :P

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, OrangePerson said:

SO... Is this going to have character growths and level ups or not?

As the self proclaimed co-GM(okay, long time friend of Ana...), I'd say probably not. I don't think Ana has ever done a stats RP. But it's up to her, if she wants to try it. 

Suppose I should also say that my Leo was created before Fates as well. No connection to Fates Leo.