Addressing some actual flaw(s) in this game - Open Discussion

1 hour ago, r_n said:

The illusoins were the onl thing that made the first desert map palpable since it took the heat off enough to get people into the dang fortress.

speaking of

There is absolutely 0 reason for them to not have altered the movement penalties to be more modern if nothing else. There's no tactics or strategy involved. There's no difficulty. It's just slowly ever so slowly having your units move to any action whatsoever as you hope that maybe the enemies will come out to you instead of milling about. Mages just get 2 extra squares compared to everyone else's ONE. Celica couldn't do anything on that first map solely because she was in a static position and could only move one square. 

really? i didn't have much trouble with the desert maps, though i could see where they would be a problem. Leon was definitely handy
This game overall takes a while to complete maps, low movement and huge maps just normally inflates the time to complete stuff. though warp is literally amazing tbh

9 minutes ago, Tsak said:

really? i didn't have much trouble with the desert maps, though i could see where they would be a problem. Leon was definitely handy
This game overall takes a while to complete maps, low movement and huge maps just normally inflates the time to complete stuff. though warp is literally amazing tbh

Leon could only do so much on my end. The snipers could double him and kill him pretty easily if the illusions weren't near by. My other dudes near hte entrance were als opretty frail. The distractions were much appreciated.

On 5/20/2017 at 6:07 PM, Gustavos said:

The Act 2 chapter where you must keep three green units alive to recruit them after the battle. It was terrible in Gaiden, and in this game's Hard/Classic mode, I found no means of keeping one of them alive past turn 4 besides using the turnwheel to reroll his dodges on enemy phase. There were too many enemies targeting him. I'll bet he'd survive in normal mode, but this is dreadful design. And no, they didn't retain the retreat glitch for this map from Gaiden.

I was on Hard/Classic, and I didn't have any problems.  I remember Leon got low, the AI actually ignored him in favor of Valbar, same with Kamui. Not only that, but I split the party so that I was pulling some of the stress off of them by drawing out the enemies south of Valbar and crew.

My one complaint was Greith's castle. There is 1 archer and 1 arcanist on both sides, so I couldn't kill either without facing the wrath of the other, and neither Boey nor Mae were strong enough to do it, so I just had Leon kill the Arcanist and Archer on one side, and the Arcanist on the other while Valbar tanked one side with Genny healing and Atlas/Saber the other with Celica healing. I think it took me 30 minutes to do and about 80 turns. If there wasn't a Cantor summoning Bonewalkers every two goddamn seconds I wouldn't have had as much of a problem.

4 hours ago, Tsak said:

I've literally tried this cheese with Genny and it hasn't worked yet lol... like literally everytime. I've even tested it a few times. Basically if Genny isnt in terrain or in an otherwise bad spot, using illusions won't save her as the AI takes the smart approach of killing the summoner. Now if you invoke a few turns before and send those units out usually the AI will hit the illusions but I've seen them on quite a number of occasions cherry pick kills on allies instead of illusions. I am playing on hard as well, not sure if that's a factor 

Huh, I've only had about two enemies actively ignore illusions that they could have attacked. They'll only attack the summoner if they can't reach her illusions, which can happen since they're formed all around the summoner instead of all in front.

5 hours ago, Tsak said:

I've literally tried this cheese with Genny and it hasn't worked yet lol... like literally everytime. I've even tested it a few times. Basically if Genny isnt in terrain or in an otherwise bad spot, using illusions won't save her as the AI takes the smart approach of killing the summoner. Now if you invoke a few turns before and send those units out usually the AI will hit the illusions but I've seen them on quite a number of occasions cherry pick kills on allies instead of illusions. I am playing on hard as well, not sure if that's a factor 

I've had it confirmed that it is not a factor, though i haven't tried it myself. For me, when I used this in chapter 5 and 6, the AI followed this every single time save for one instance on the very last boss, who followed the pattern before and after that deviation.

Ok, but can we talk about how Mire deals way too much damage, even against characters with high Res? I'm at Mila's Temple, and i've had to reset this map like 4 times because of those stupid Arcanists draining all my Turnwheel uses. On my last attempt, one of them killed Celica, so i couldn't Turnwheel out of that. The Cantor is the least of my worries on this map, since Dread Fighter Saber can easily take care of him.

Maybe it's because i'm on Hard but still, c'mon.

Summoners/ Cantors are my biggest pain so far...

I can handle the Terrors they summon somewhat easy, but the large number of them is the problem.

In Act 3, (when Celica takes on Greith's base). This map took me a long time to complete... 

Spoiler

The kill count is so high! (hard mode if anyone is wondering)

IMG_1442.thumb.JPG.8928cc803dd5d9bac4921cd8b6286d83.JPG

Won't complain about all the EXP though.

Edited by Lord_Grima

45 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Summoners/ Cantors are my biggest pain so far...

I can handle the Terrors they summon somewhat easy, but the large number of them is the problem.

In Act 3, (when Celica takes on Greith's base). This map took me a long time to complete... 

Reveal hidden contents

The kill count is so high! (hard mode if anyone is wondering)

IMG_1442.thumb.JPG.8928cc803dd5d9bac4921cd8b6286d83.JPG

Won't complain about all the EXP though.

I just use expel and rush to kill the summoner.

24 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

Arcanists are way too bulky and hit hard as truck. They really want force you to rush(mean focus exp on him) promote a good res unit to the last class to deal against them

Finally, someone who agrees with me on this. Honestly, Arcanists are a bigger issue than Cantors and Witches. Cantors are just tedious to fight and Witches are rare. But Arcanists are common, and Mire, a common spell, deals so much damage even against high Res units.

When you're in the dungeons, not a fan of the controls (or lack of) when running, the cantors are just obnoxious for no reason what so ever (I hate that the amount they summon is random) and to give Faye credit where it's due, out of the new characters, I remember her existence. 

Just now, Armagon said:

Finally, someone who agrees with me on this. Honestly, Arcanists are a bigger issue than Cantors and Witches. Cantors are just tedious to fight and Witches are rare. But Arcanists are common, and Mire, a common spell, deals so much damage even against high Res units.

They hit harder than knight and sniper which at least you can use terrain. the only way to really counter them is dreadfighter.  Normal high res unit just be gangbang and die. You can invoke magic to bait their attack but they are still so bulky to counterattack and they can use terrain advantage. Your mages don't deal enough damage, specially considering thier strong spells are cheap.