Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RennacIsUnderrated

Can we all just agree that the translation/ voice acting is incredibly well done?

24 posts in this topic

I mean seriously, they knocked it out of the park with the full voice acting! And the translation in general is perfectly modernized and paced. I genuinely hope all future installments have full voice acting and continue to use this translating team. I'm enjoying this game so much, feels like a classic FE again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, this is what we've been waiting for for a long time and I gotta say...they don't disappoint. I heard that the developers hope to bring this back in future installments which I am stoked for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Dude, this is what we've been waiting for for a long time and I gotta say...they don't disappoint. I heard that the developers hope to bring this back in future installments which I am stoked for.

Oh thank god. We need this in every title moving forward. And the cringey Weeb dialogue is gone! Finally! This is honestly my dream FE game come to life. It feels so much like a strategy game too and I love the new weapon system and the classic mid battle supports are in and everything. Plus the characters talk to eachother if you move them next to eachother on the map. One time I moved Alm next to Faye and I hear "Hey you need to be careful, youre hurt" that level of immersion and character interaction is beautiful. 

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RennacIsUnderrated said:

Oh thank god. We need this in every title moving forward. And the cringey Weeb dialogue is gone! Finally! This is honestly my dream FE game come to life. It feels so much like a strategy game too and I love the new weapon system and the classic mid battle supports are in and everything. Plus the characters talk to eachother if you move them next to eachother on the map. One time I moved Alm next to Faye and I hear "Hey you need to be careful, youre hurt" that level of immersion and character interacyion is beautiful. 

Yes it is. I hope they keep this going forward as well, but I don't doubt it. If they didn't, they know we would riot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the dialogue I've seen so far has been really great

it all feels so natural and makes the characters feel so real

although I have to say, my absolute favorite line I've seen in this game is this one

Spoiler

after beating a boss with a fairly cryptic death quote

pYdQxFs.png

it was at this moment I decided that this was in fact, the best fire emblem

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love the dialogue as well.

Some of the lines are incredibly funny, others are suitably serious, etc.

Easily my favorite thing about the game thus far (just finished the Thief Shrine).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, unique said:

the dialogue I've seen so far has been really great

it all feels so natural and makes the characters feel so real

although I have to say, my absolute favorite line I've seen in this game is this one

  Hide contents

after beating a boss with a fairly cryptic death quote

pYdQxFs.png

it was at this moment I decided that this was in fact, the best fire emblem

 

OMG, this is just gorgeous XD
I'm also enjoying full voice acting a lot, it really adds a lot of character depth. Loving everything Gray says btw.

10 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Dude, this is what we've been waiting for for a long time and I gotta say...they don't disappoint. I heard that the developers hope to bring this back in future installments which I am stoked for.

Can confirm this, they have every intention to do so. I suppose it also depends on other external factors other than IS (they claimed it wasn't easy for Echoes), but if reception is great as it is now, I'm positive they'll find a way to bring it back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think everyone will agree to this one. I think Mae deserves special praise. She tend to change her vocals depending on what she's saying like suddenly putting on a deep voice when saying something about how baddess she finds herself. 

I noticed they did the Shadow dragon thing where the characters use a lot of ''medieval'' terms and phrases. That's a nice touch. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm absolutely floored and pleased by how good the voice acting is in this game. I've always tried to be fair with judging the voice acting in Fire Emblem games because the fact that we get so little of it makes it hard to judge the quality when all we get to hear are critical hits, battle cries, and other miscellaneous one-liners. When those lines get re-used constantly for any situation and context, it becomes plain and boring really quickly.

But the fact that everything is voice is making the narrative a lot more engaging to watch and play because we get to hear the whole scope of everyone's reactions and feelings to everything through fully voice dialogue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, unique said:

the dialogue I've seen so far has been really great

it all feels so natural and makes the characters feel so real

although I have to say, my absolute favorite line I've seen in this game is this one

  Reveal hidden contents

after beating a boss with a fairly cryptic death quote

pYdQxFs.png

it was at this moment I decided that this was in fact, the best fire emblem

 

My favorite line is probably when Python says "Lukas you ginger stud! I would have thought Desaix's men had punched your ticket to the boneyard by now" something about it just seemed badass and humerous at the same time. Overall this game has great dialogue and I love being able to just sit back and listen to it. Theres so much personality to it and the characters are so gripping and feel so much more tangible with voices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

Oh thank god. We need this in every title moving forward. And the cringey Weeb dialogue is gone! Finally! This is honestly my dream FE game come to life. It feels so much like a strategy game too and I love the new weapon system and the classic mid battle supports are in and everything. Plus the characters talk to eachother if you move them next to eachother on the map. One time I moved Alm next to Faye and I hear "Hey you need to be careful, youre hurt" that level of immersion and character interaction is beautiful. 

I don't know how to take your jab at anime fans but the dialogue seem great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mikethemaster said:

I don't know how to take your jab at anime fans but the dialogue seem great.

Im not making any jab at anime fans, I enjoy an anime every once and a while. Anime dialogue just often gets translated in a very cringey way. Lots of over the top facial expressions, weird noises and high pitched whiney voices. Theres this noticeable lack of urgency and maturity when thats the case. It makes the game feel like its made for kids. Ive been playing Fire Emblem since Rekka No Ken on my old GBA Advanced SP. The translation took a sharp nose dive during Awakening and Im just glad to see Echoes restore the original dialogue style and maturity that the series was founded on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

Im not making any jab at anime fans, I enjoy an anime every once and a while. Anime dialogue just often gets translated in a very cringey way. Lots of over the top facial expressions, weird noises and high pitched whiney voices. Theres this noticeable lack of urgency and maturity when thats the case. It makes the game feel like its made for kids. Ive been playing Fire Emblem since Rekka No Ken on my old GBA Advanced SP. The translation took a sharp nose dive during Awakening and Im just glad to see Echoes restore the original dialogue style and maturity that the series was founded on.

I have no clue why Awakening dialogue was a nose dive but what ever I am used to Awakening being the butt since it a popular game. Fates dialogue was okay but I agree it had an anime charm to it but all fire emblem has some anime ethics to it since you know the anime drawing style, the whole shounen protag  some fire emblem leads are, Alm is one but he toned down a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mikethemaster said:

I have no clue why Awakening dialogue was a nose dive but what ever I am used to Awakening being the butt since it a popular game. Fates dialogue was okay but I agree it had an anime charm to it but all fire emblem has some anime ethics to it since you know the anime drawing style, the whole shounen protag  some fire emblem leads are, Alm is one but he toned down a bit. 

You should go play the 3 GBA games and the two console ones if you havent. Youll see a huge difference between the dialogue of that and Fates/Awakening. Not that theres anything wrong with that, I just personally think FE should have a less anime heavy tone like it used to have. By nosedive I mean that Awakening 100000% embraced the anime style and went too overboard with it while it was mostly subtle in the former games. I enjoyed Awakening mixing it up I liked it, it was refreshing but I strongly prefer the old writing style and dialogue :) it just fits better making it more mature and such. I mean everyone has a preference,  I just prefer the old school feel of Fire Emblem and not the more anime styled one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the VA is pretty well done indeed. However, I still would've preferred the original voices as I'm trying to learn the language, so I'll be looking to mod that in at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RennacIsUnderrated said:

You should go play the 3 GBA games and the two console ones if you havent. Youll see a huge difference between the dialogue of that and Fates/Awakening. Not that theres anything wrong with that, I just personally think FE should have a less anime heavy tone like it used to have. By nosedive I mean that Awakening 100000% embraced the anime style and went too overboard with it while it was mostly subtle in the former games. I enjoyed Awakening mixing it up I liked it, it was refreshing but I strongly prefer the old writing style and dialogue :) it just fits better making it more mature and such. I mean everyone has a preference,  I just prefer the old school feel of Fire Emblem and not the more anime styled one.

Uh. I started with fe7 in 2006 or 07 I have play all the old gba games I haven't play the consoles games.I have played both the DS so I know how the older games are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mikethemaster said:

Uh. I started with fe7 in 2006 or 07 I have play all the old gba games I haven't play the consoles games.I have played both the DS so I know how the older games are. 

Ok so you know what I mean. I can tell you dont agree about my preference. Sorry if my opinion isnt popular with you but at least we can agree that the VA is really well done and a refreshing new feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RennacIsUnderrated said:

Ok so you know what I mean. I can tell you dont agree about my preference. Sorry if my opinion isnt popular with you but at least we can agree that the VA is really well done and a refreshing new feature.

Your okay sorry if I came off as an butt, I just get tired of the new games being the butt of older fans( more so Awakening since it my favorite fire emblem game). I do like the old way too but everybody had to have a sabby past in the older games to be 'interesting'. Character can still interesting when the have a normal life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On topic I full heartedly agree definitely the best after what happened with Fates glad their getting good praise they can keep this momentum with FE Switch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Mikethemaster said:

Your okay sorry if I came off as an butt, I just get tired of the new games being the butt of older fans( more so Awakening since it my favorite fire emblem game). I do like the old way too but everybody had to have a sabby past in the older games to be 'interesting'. Character can still interesting when the have a normal life.

Oh I absolutely love the new games. Fates is in my top 5 easily! I just think the dialogue is off a bit. Im not trying to slam the new ones, I agree, I hate when "elitist" fire emblem fans rip on the new ones. I personally like everything except the dialogue, I just find it cringey but the rest of the game is superb.

@Blade Lord Lyn oh definitely! I get so excited thinking about the possibilities for the switch game! Fingers crossed we see it at E3. Maybe we'll get more than just fully voiced lines and also get full on character models interacting during conversations!

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

Oh I absolutely love the new games. Fates is in my top 5 easily! I just think the dialogue is off a bit. Im not trying to slam the new ones, I agree, I hate when "elitist" fire emblem fans rip on the new ones. I personally like everything except the dialogue, I just find it cringey but the rest of the game is superb.

@Blade Lord Lyn oh definitely! I get so excited thinking about the possibilities for the switch game! Fingers crossed we see it at E3. Maybe we'll get more than just fully voiced lines and also get full on character models interacting during conversations!

So I see you have the characters from fe 7 on your profile so are they favorite units beside Mark. Wish they expand mark in an fe 7 remake, he probably be the only make sense avatar character in a remake since he the orginal Avatar :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mikethemaster said:

So I see you have the characters from fe 7 on your profile so are they favorite units beside Mark. Wish they expand mark in an fe 7 remake, he probably be the only make sense avatar character in a remake since he the orginal Avatar :) 

I think itd be super cool if the Avatar in FE7 was Robin in a remake. Theres this great theory that the two are the same character since they both wake up in a field, wear similar clothes, are great tacticians and Lyn in Awakening even says she met Robin long ago when he was her tactician. I have a running theory that after Robin kills Grima he gets teleported through time to Elibe and after defeating Nergal there he goes through the Dragons Gate and returns to where we see him wake up at the end of Awakening. I think thatd be an awesome way to remake FE7 and connect it to a really popular entry in the series. I mean who doesnt want to play as Robin again? But yeah Im a huge FE7 and FE8 fan. Hector was such a great and unique lord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

I think itd be super cool if the Avatar in FE7 was Robin in a remake. Theres this great theory that the two are the same character since they both wake up in a field, wear similar clothes, are great tacticians and Lyn in Awakening even says she met Robin long ago when he was her tactician. I have a running theory that after Robin kills Grima he gets teleported through time to Elibe and after defeating Nergal there he goes through the Dragons Gate and returns to where we see him wake up at the end of Awakening. I think thatd be an awesome way to remake FE7 and connect it to a really popular entry in the series. I mean who doesnt want to play as Robin again? But yeah Im a huge FE7 and FE8 fan. Hector was such a great and unique lord.

that would be really great or they could do it that Elibe is like 4000 years after Awakening, Hector was my favorite in fe7 beside Lyn and Nino and Jaffar. Heath had a great design to him too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

I think itd be super cool if the Avatar in FE7 was Robin in a remake. Theres this great theory that the two are the same character since they both wake up in a field, wear similar clothes, are great tacticians and Lyn in Awakening even says she met Robin long ago when he was her tactician. I have a running theory that after Robin kills Grima he gets teleported through time to Elibe and after defeating Nergal there he goes through the Dragons Gate and returns to where we see him wake up at the end of Awakening. I think thatd be an awesome way to remake FE7 and connect it to a really popular entry in the series. I mean who doesnt want to play as Robin again? But yeah Im a huge FE7 and FE8 fan. Hector was such a great and unique lord.

Haha they could possibly do that... I feel they should remake both Binding and Blazing blades and make them a dual package deal, i.e two games in one, that way you get the sequel (and Japan exclusive) Binding and its famed western prequel Blazing, seems win win,

 

by that rate rate you just want them to connect everything back to awakening haha (so far Awakening is connected to Fe1,2,3,4,5,9/10 (Priam being a iffy Ike descendant) and 11, 12. Literally all games are showed lightly in the game except the GBA games except through Owain being Owain..

 

as as for the topic here, I've played currently through chapter one and starting chapter two, and it is certainty well made voice acting and the story made to it adds on to Gaiden's original bare as hell bones story, which is perhaps why it is more enjoyable than shadow dragon to me.

I especially love Mae's voice.. Her voice actress sounds similar and makes Mae's character sound like Nora from RWBY.. or am I the only one who hears it? 

 

Lastly ive noticed the word "tricks" appear and assume it's a translation error? Because it's like Oh tricks or something like that... it's supposes to be Thank you? 

Edited by Ronman5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.