How much is this game censored?

So after finding out how much fates got censored I've been super pissed with Nintendo and flat out said I will not buy their games if they kept censoring shit, removing content or changing characters personalities.

Could anyone tell me how "severe" it is? If there is any at all? or if any of the characters have had their personalities rewritten entirely? I know that in fates it was very bad since Nintendo localised the game themselves (booo) but this time they used the same company that did awakening.

A la Censored Gaming, alcoholic references have been removed.  Interestingly, this has been censored both in English and Japanese versions, so this is...odd.  But at the very least this isn't the fault of NoA.  Outside of that, I'm not aware of any other removals or tangible edits.

Well, Alcoholic drinks can no longer be consumed which might be a feature that was removed. It might also not be but it certainly does look odd.

But so far it doesn't seem like the writers where putting their kid gloves on. I've not been playing for that long and have already encountered several barely disguised rape threats. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

No censorship from what I can tell. The alcohol not being consumable was in the Jp version as well. Considering how much Silver alcoholic items sell for tells me that IS decided to opt out of letting it be consumable in favor of just making it selling fodder.

You can still give wine to the Mila Statue for refreshing fatigue, if I'm not mistaken, so you could look at it as being free fatigue cure bottles. 

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well, Alcoholic drinks can no longer be consumed which might be a feature that was removed. It might also not be but it certainly does look odd.

But so far it doesn't seem like the writers where putting their kid gloves on. I've not been playing for that long and have already encountered several barely disguised rape threats. 

I watched Ghast Station's first part of his playthrough and DAMN did I get uncomfortable chills when that villainous paladin started threatening the village kids!  Freaking cretin, that one!  So look forward to skewering his face at some point in the game! xD

Thanks to everyone for replying. Except for Reflex, you can suck it =o.
From what I know romance/marriage wasn't in the original game so it's not in this one either, that's a huge bummer, but i think i'll go buy it regardless when i get the chance.

10 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

As a well known Japanese speaker here.... My general view of this whole obssession with "censorship" is:

"Why don't you buy the game and find out?"

There is a very simple answer to that.
I don't want to support censorship, the annoying removal of content and change in character personality. So buying the game and finding out, like you suggest would mean that if there was content censored that it would be too late to get my money back and I would have supported something that I don't agree with.
It's that simple.

1 minute ago, Tias said:

I don't want to support censorship, the annoying removal of content and change in character personality. So buying the game and finding out, like you suggest would mean that if there was content censored that it would be too late to get my money back and I would have supported something that I don't agree with.
It's that simple.

Here's a question: Did you enjoy Awakening?

You *ARE* aware of the changes in Awakening, yes?

Because really, people up-play "censorship". A lot.

Granted, I have a lot of problems with Fates. But proceeding with that outlook with future FE titles is really... flawed.

Edited by shadowofchaos

15 minutes ago, Tias said:

It's that simple.

14 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Here's a question: Did you enjoy Awakening?

You *ARE* aware of the changes in Awakening, yes?

Because really, people up-play "censorship". A lot.

Granted, I have a lot of problems with Fates. But proceeding with that outlook with future FE titles is really... flawed.

Awakening's English script got so much more screwed compared to Fates that it makes the people praising Awakening's localization over Fates seem very very...... early game brigand level. Especially as far as connections to other games are concerned (Hello Naesala the "evil swan king")

It's a rated T game about war that doesn't even have any blood, that's what's slightly disappointing with the censorship placed in the FE games.