There was consideration of a Avatar or MU

I found out in reddit the the developers were going to add a Avatar character to the remake but than they decided not to since they wanted to focus on Alm and Celica. I guess that confirm they aren't against the MU being in remake. Well I guess there Chris but most probably thought he be a one time thing for remakes.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Wow! didn't expect that yeah obviously it was in FE12 but yeah nothing is out of the realm for future remakes!

I wouldnt a avatar in FE4 case since I love the thought of fighting with Sigurd till the end and my child unit taking up the banner and fighting with Seilph and Julia. FE7 remake most likely will have a avatar since well they already had one.

Just now, Mikethemaster said:

I wouldnt mind a avatar in FE4 case since I love the thought of fighting with Sigurd till the end and my child unit taking up the banner and fighting with Seilph and Julia. FE7 remake most likely will have a avatar since well they already had one.

Yeah I agree to both!

43 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Yeah I agree to both!

If they did put the avatar inti the story he could be mercenary who saw Sigurd having trouble with the bandits in the first chapter and decided to help him Sigurd like his abilities with the sword and he hire him to help hi save his childhood friend, As they travel together they get to know each like their likes and dislike, what ignore the other and when the final comes they are more than knight and mercenary they are the best of friends.

God I hope the Jugdral games don't have Avatars. Those games, much like Gaiden(Of what very little there was of it in the original), are much more personal stories, and adding in Avatars wouldn't do anything but take away from what was already there.

"This is Thracia 776, the story of how Leif builds up a liberation army against one of the most imposing armies on the continent and takes back his rightful throne and succeeds his murdered parents! Oh, and also his friend who everyone loves is there and is responsible for everything."

Same deal with FE4. Not gonna work.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

God I hope the Jugdral games don't have Avatars. Those games, much like Gaiden(Of what very little there was of it in the original), are much more personal stories, and adding in Avatars wouldn't do anything but take away from what was already there.

"This is Thracia 776, the story of how Leif builds up a liberation army against one of the most imposing armies on the continent and takes back his rightful throne and succeeds his murdered parents! Oh, and also his friend who everyone loves is there and is responsible for everything."

Dam man you know how quash some fun time it just a fun thought.

3 hours ago, Mikethemaster said:

Sigurd having trouble with the bandits

Lol what? I hope they never do that, also because they would have to to make the avatar broken to keep up with the other broken characters like Sigurd, Lex and Cuan and many of us do NOT want another whorshipped-by-all self insert. Also what if you use a male avatar and you marry, say, Aideen? Do you get three children or will the game replace Lana/Lester with the avatar's child?

They could have just made an avatar instead of adding a new character in Faye.

A 4th villager that's an avatar, but without any significant story role, just a friend of Alm's that comes along on his mission, that's all. I think that would have been fine.

It's fine that Echoes doesn't have an avatar. It's a remake, it doesn't need one, and I think IS might be a bit wary about adding more avatars into remakes after overdoing it with Kris in FE12.

1 hour ago, Koumal8 said:

Lol what? I hope they never do that, also because they would have to to make the avatar broken to keep up with the other broken characters like Sigurd, Lex and Cuan and many of us do NOT want another whorshipped-by-all self insert. Also what if you use a male avatar and you marry, say, Aideen? Do you get three children or will the game replace Lana/Lester with the avatar's child?

Dude clam down they don't have to replace any child character or any other units they can do things like in fire emblem echoes add new characters plus more lore for the players. I would rather have twins for offsprings so both male and female counterpart have a chance to shine. For you info I like the Avatar unit or Mu because it make feel apart of the story along with the cast. The Avatar really doesn't need  to be to plot important just a friend and companion to Sigurd and his crew. Damn you sound an like an vetrens who doesn't let casual fan just have fun. ?

5 hours ago, Mikethemaster said:

I wouldnt a avatar in FE4 case since I love the thought of fighting with Sigurd till the end and my child unit taking up the banner and fighting with Seilph and Julia. FE7 remake most likely will have a avatar since well they already had one.

5 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Yeah I agree to both!

Child mechanics added carrying on the legacy of their parents to the narrative.

Conditional coding would be a disaster with the FE13 mechanics in addition to FE4.

FE4 is beloved for having a darker narrative. Adding said mechanics to that is literally insulting the very core, hardcore fanbase that loves that SNES era.

FE12 clearly demonstrated they can't keep the original *AND* pander to self insert players.

No, thank you.

My Unit characters have their place.

FE7? Literally fulfilling the wishes of my past waifu lord self to steal Ninian from Eliwood?

I'm sorry but FUCK THAT IDEA. BURN IT IN THE FIRES OF HELL.

Kris in FE12 being shoehorned in was disgusting. Imagine them being able to do more.

If Mark in FE7 was able to talk and actually marry characters, it will inevitably screw up an already established work. Blank slates are hard to write around.

The thought of avatars in past games feels flithy and absolutely disgusts me.

Edited by shadowofchaos

56 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Child mechanics added carrying on the legacy of their parents to the narrative.

Conditional coding would be a disaster with the FE13 mechanics in addition to FE4.

FE4 is beloved for having a darker narrative. Adding said mechanics to that is literally insulting the very core, hardcore fanbase that loves that SNES era.

FE12 clearly demonstrated they can't keep the original *AND* pander to self insert players.

No, thank you.

My Unit characters have their place.

FE7? Literally fulfilling the wishes of my past waifu lord self to steal Ninian from Eliwood?

I'm sorry but FUCK THAT IDEA. BURN IT IN THE FIRES OF HELL.

Kris in FE12 being shoehorned in was disgusting. Imagine them being able to do more.

If Mark in FE7 was able to talk and actually marry characters, it will inevitably screw up an already established work. Blank slates are hard to write around.

The thought of avatars in past games feels flithy and absolutely disgusts me.

Damn dude who shitted in your food and made you Mr.grumpy.

3 minutes ago, Mikethemaster said:

Damn dude who shitted in your food and made you Mr.grumpy.

He said it in the post.

IS shit in his cereal(FE12).

Honestly, as much as I ended up loving Robin (mostly because in latter materials he became his own character and not a self insert), I too think that adding Avatars into past games is very risky. I mean, I want to date the guys in fire emblem as much as any other person, but at the cost of a narrative that was already good? No thanks. 

Avatars, if they are returning, should stay to new games. IntSys needs to try a non-intrusive to the plot avatar too, since Corrin being too central to the plot was a damn disaster.

5 minutes ago, Not_The_NSA said:

No thanks, FE4 is all about Sigurd and Seliph. It's not about Sigurd, Seliph, and the My Unit that Sigurd found unconscious while looking for Aideen in bandit town. Said My Unit is also the brother/sister to Arvis (BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT TWIST) and the only survivor of Belhalla Massacre who takes over Oifery role as Seliph's protector and raises Seliph, the twins, and his My Unit kid whose also a dork...

I didn't say all that dumb shit I said I wouldn't mind fighting with Sigurd he can still be the protagonist of his story same with his son the MU doesn't need to be plot important. Damn Everytime someone mention the MU around here people get all piss off. 

Edited by Mikethemaster

2 minutes ago, Mikethemaster said:

I didn't say all that dumb shit I said I wouldn't mind fighting with Sigurd he can still be the protagonist of his story same with his son the MU doesn't need to be plot important. Damn Everytime someone mention the MU around here people get all piss off. 

Considering IntSys track record, can you blame any us for being wary? The Avatar has escalated in plot importance to the point one was the actual main protagonist of a story! 

I'm not against MUs, being that Robin is my fav Awakening character, but inserting a self-insert in a previously established story that worked well without one is almost always a bad idea. MUs should stick to newer entries.

8 minutes ago, Doof said:

Considering IntSys track record, can you blame any us for being wary? The Avatar has escalated in plot importance to the point one was the actual main protagonist of a story! 

I'm not against MUs, being that Robin is my fav Awakening character, but inserting a self-insert in a previously established story that worked well without one is almost always a bad idea. MUs should stick to newer entries.

I can get being all wary or worried but people get all stupid with the insults on the MU and shit. I personally think people just want the game to be like the old days on this forum. Damn seem like the fanbase or at least GBA fans seem like old people with the whole my generation was better than yours.

I would like to see a 'nobody' MU that you actually get to decide the personality of. Corrin was a bit dull if you ask me. Of course this may cause some issues since to be worth using this 'nobody' would be somekind of prodigy that can fight on par with the legends of the game. So. . . that begs the question of how this person is a 'nobody'.

But Steel Wing hit it with

They could have just made an avatar instead of adding a new character in Faye.

A 4th villager that's an avatar, but without any significant story role, just a friend of Alm's that comes along on his mission, that's all. I think that would have been fine.

It wouldn't even have to be a friend. And Village units can be fairly impressive so that takes care of the keeping up. Actually in both Fates and Awakening I kept wanting to get to start as a villager. So that would be like my wish fulfillment there. Basically just imagine if Donnel or Mozu were your custom MU. So you pick their appearance and such. You wouldn't be very important to the story(heck it would be funny if you could even 'miss' recruiting the MU by not saving that poor villager on that one map), but you would be along for the ride. The villager could be covered by a cloak in the battle so after saving them you get to design them. If there has to be choices for the MU just let them have choices that affect their relationships rather than the story.

Though I would rather this be in a new game rather than a remake. I think the remakes should cater to the fans of the original that is being remade, which does make MU's a bit dodgy there. Can it be done? Probably. But can IS do it? Maybe they should stick to that being in new games unless the original being remade already had a MU.

Edited by Usana

8 hours ago, Slumber said:

To be fair Tracia may be one of the games where an Avater would be more appropriate in the narrative. Doesn't August spell it out to Leif that he's a hero that was made rather than born like Seliph was. In that light an extra pair of shoulders for Leif to lean on wouldn't be out of place.
An avatar taking away the scale of Leif's achievements ala Chris is also less of a concern because Leif's achievements are already quite modest in comparison to other lords. Its Seliph, not Leif who solves the conflict on the peninsula and Leif uniting the kingdoms happens after the events of both Geneology and Tracia have already taken place.

I think that if dealt with care then an avatar would at least work in Genealogy. Both Sigurd and Seliph leave a niche that a potential Avatar can fill. Sigurd is a fighter first and by no means does he come off as a tactician. Oifey is supped to be that but he's a child and I don't really recall him coming up with any strategies so an Avatar helping Oifey out seems largely harmless to me. 

Roy stands out among the lords precisely because of his strategic mind so an Avater strategist would hurt him, but Sigurd doesn't have this problem.

Seliph starts out his journey as inexperienced and perhaps also a little shy so the Avatar going on to serve as a mentor to serve Seliph the ropes could work. Oifey and Shanan already have this role and I certainly don't think they should lose it but if the Avatar would join these two mentors in a three amigo's sort of relation then that's also an arrangement no character is very harmed by.

That's not to say I want an Avatar in Genealogy. I don't but I also think its kind of inevitable.  If it has a large focus on pairings IS will bring in an Avater.

I have to say the continued salt over Kris when he isn't even fucking relevant, even to Katarina to a large extent, once you bench him is starting to get thrown out of proportion.

no, I'm not saying they handled him well, nor that they handled him poorly. All he was was a random idiot so that Units like Warren can chunk words at him and have support conversations with someone. And he doesn't take away from Marth almost at all, either. Marth is an actual dynamic character in the remakes with an actual storyarc, and contrary to popular belief most of this comes from 12, not 11. Kris has like... 3 scenes counting Gaiden chapters where he does something relevant? And not "save the entire kingdom" relevant, more like "something pointless Jagen did by himself in FE3 but Jagen has a lot more lines being our exposition drone so we'll let him do it with Jagen" and "convince Katarina to come back to the 7th Platoon". That's the extent of his input if you bench him, unlike Robin and Corrin who literally drive the plot.

FE12 is very much Marth's tale and the fact I regularly talk about it's plot without ONCE even coming to a topic where Kris is relevant to the discussion outside of the prologue chapters and debatably Katarina's recruitment should speak volumes.

am I saying bring on the avatars for more remakes?

Outside of maybe Elibe, dear god no. I was worried they'd put an avatar in Echoes and screw up the continuity as it was.

But when people say FE12 is trash and should be ignored on account of the most insignificant and quiet avatar (outside of support conversations) in the entire franchise besides the FE7 tactician, it starts to get a little blown out of proportion. Especially with all the character development and defining traits they added to Marth in 12 that people gloss over in their rabbid focus on the avatar.

FE12 is designed so that if you bench the avatar, once you get past Katarina's recruitment he becomes wholly irrelevant to the main plot. I don't think this is coincidence; it feels very much like trying to make the avatar close to optional like in FE7.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems