There was consideration of a Avatar or MU

I'm glad they decided against the Avatar, I know that newer fans really want it to return in future Fire Emblem games and perhaps some remakes, I think Avatars are okay they do have their place, but maybe I personally would be more happy with an avatar if they weren't relevant? Participates in battles, maybe gets a headpat by their Lord here, customization can be a bit expanded on since it'd just be a blank slate that doesn't have to appear in cutscenes. I dunno something like that. I must admit though I think how Robin was in Awakening was okay just towards the end Chrom felt sorta irrelevant, It's been awhile since I've played Awakening though.

For the most part I feel like the Fire Emblem games that would be remade have no place for an Avatar I dunno, I do like the ideas that I skimmed past a bit like an Avatar being a mentor or something, but I feel like that is just better put on another character. Slumber already said it above though in terms of FE4 Shanan, Oifey and Levin pretty much fill those shoes. FE5 I think Finn would be just fine doing that. Maybe an Avatar being a mentor is an idea that can be used for a future FE game if we *have* to have a relevant Avatar 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, NoNameAtAll said:

Have people really forgotten how Marth once essentially told General Lang to fuck off (In a polite way of course)? Kris took over that role which was unacceptable. It's not simply "3 or 4 scenes omg". It's that s/he legitimately removes what Marth once did.

Also why is it that Kris gets to see Sirius without his mask? :dry:

that scene was pretty damn awful in the remake but it wasn't just because of what marth did there

in FE3 lang's being an asshole so marth tells him that he's gonna stop taking his orders and then jagen basically tells him he'll kick his ass

it was a really great moment because it was a moment where it told you that even though Jagen's old and not even playable anymore, he's still a badass who's willing to stand up for his prince when he has to

in FE12 chris says the thing instead and marth agrees with him 

and then jagen does

it totally ruins the moment and makes jagen being there just feel like an afterthought

i thought the whole point of that scene was to make you care about jagen despite him no longer being a playable character, but it totally failed here for the purpose of making chris seem cool instead. 

6 hours ago, Slumber said:

Again, why wouldn't you rather just have the roles of Oifey and Shanan expanded, rather than add in another person responsible for making sure Seliph doesn't fuck it all up? Plus, Oifey and Shanan already have a third amigo: Levin. Seliph doesn't need a FOURTH advisor/mentor/tactician.

Okay, the ''why would you rather'' point comes off several time in your post but....I don't. Like I said in the end, I don't particularly want an avatar to appear in Genealogy. I just think it can at the very least work and think that one will be put in regardless of how I feel about it. But I do feel an avatar would be less likely to damage the lord then he would in a game like Binding blade or the Tellius games. 

I don't think Levin quite works as an ''amigo'' for Shanan and Oifey because they rarely interact, both on and off screen. Shanan and Oifey don't have a lot of screentime together in part II but they raised the second gen together so there must be some sort of bond there. Levin was absent during those years and never really talks to or about the two. 

8 hours ago, NoNameAtAll said:

Have people really forgotten how Marth once essentially told General Lang to fuck off (In a polite way of course)? Kris took over that role which was unacceptable. It's not simply "3 or 4 scenes omg". It's that s/he legitimately removes what Marth once did.

Also why is it that Kris gets to see Sirius without his mask? :dry:

This is precisely the debatable scene I'm talking about.

If you want to be specific, the scenes in question are the Lang ordeal (Marth ultimately still says the exact same shit for the exact same reasons, with the exact same tone, and even maybe a bit more sternness in the Japanese version of 12, so that's why it's really debatable) and the Adrah Pass thing; everything else is either a new scene that doesn't directly affect anyone from the original plot due to padding and Marth gets the lion's share of character development compared to most other characters.

I specifically was considering the Lang scene and really Marth still tells Lang to fuck off. Jagen and Kris are turned into the same character in that scene for the function of moving the plot, but Jagen still has most of his lines and still threatens Lang. This is specifically one of the two major nitpicking scenes I had in question that can be argued to hurt the plot. She does not remove what MARTH did in that scene whatsoever; its at the very worst Jagen who gets the shaft in terms of plot function