How much more difficult is Hard compared to Normal?

I'm having trouble deciding on which mode to do my first playthrough on. Normal says it's "for beginners" which makes me think it might be too easy, but I'm worried that Hard might be too tough for a first time player who doesn't know anything about the different mechanics compared to the other games.

I'm on act 3 on Hard/Classic, only came into two scenarios where units died.

One was easily reset by Mila's Turnwheel, the other I reset because it was a green unit that died, completely out of my control.

It's fairly easy so far. Can't compare to normal, since I haven't played it.

Edited by Slumber

I'm finding Hard/Classic to be really easy, and I'm not even grinding (starting part 3 soon). As long as your fragile units aren't going to take more than a few hits, hard mode is fine. I'm not using Mila's Turnwheel since I find it to be a little cheap, but maybe I'll change my mind.

Hard has a difficulty spike in act 4, but it's not too difficult. If you get stuck, it's also REALLY easy to grind in this game if you want to go down that route.

I'm about three fourths through Act 1 on Hard/Classic, and this difficulty is super satisfying. I did have one death so far, and I reset before I realized the Mila's Turnwheel would have let me reroll those 60 and 79 chance hit chances, letting Faye survive the next enemy phase. So as long as you remember that mechanic is there and choose to use it, I think Hard/Classic is good. Otherwise Normal/Classic for a less stressful playthrough.

That said, I would grind if I knew how. A character dealing 1 damage per hit on her recruitment chapter is kind of bonkers. And getting an average of 2 stats per level up is very discouraging.

Edited by Gustavos

been doing hard/classic. only thing that actually gave me a shock in difficult is rare spawns.. like i knew they were gonna be tough but damn that dracul in the thieves shrine in chapter 1 is redonkculous. i came back in chapter 3 just to get my pride back

In chapter 2- not so bad. If you use milas turnwheel prob really not bad.

Only things I've died to so far was a rare mob spawn that ate through people in 1 shot no matter what I did and having a green guy die - which honestly seems a little luck based depending on how dumb the CPU decides to be. 

Edited by ckc22