Recruiting Atlas Post-Grieth (Spoilers?)

I already defeated Grieth, saved Est and recruited Sonya. I went back to a save I accidentally made a few hours back and there he is waiting at the Mountain Village, but not in my current save. I read somewhere that his story line has something to do with defeating Grieth because if you try to go off-course Palla, Catria and Atlas will leave your service.

Does this mean I can no longer recruit him? If so, it's not a big deal because I'm not going to waste 3 hours of work to go back and grab him. I'll get him next time along with Deen if that is the case.

Atlas joins you originally to help save his brothers from Greith's fortress. Afterwards for your help he pledges his service to you, If you never have that interaction why would he join you? lol based off hearsay? guess not

27 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Atlas joins you originally to help save his brothers from Greith's fortress. Afterwards for your help he pledges his service to you, If you never have that interaction why would he join you? lol based off hearsay? guess not

Atlas' brothers were captured anyway, and defeating Grieth essentially frees his brothers, even if Celica did not know him at the time. I think it's possible that he would still be recruitable.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Atlas' brothers were captured anyway, and defeating Grieth essentially frees his brothers, even if Celica did not know him at the time. I think it's possible that he would still be recruitable.

Unfortunately, I do not see him anywhere in the Mountain Village where he is supposed to be. I'm guessing that he must be talked to before defeating Grieth. Oh well, good to know for the next playthrough. Reminds me of when I played Awakening for the first time and completely happened to have missed Laurent because I didn't talk to him. Wish they wouldn't do stuff like that but I guess it makes sense story-wise.

11 hours ago, kisooni said:

Unfortunately, I do not see him anywhere in the Mountain Village where he is supposed to be. I'm guessing that he must be talked to before defeating Grieth. Oh well, good to know for the next playthrough. Reminds me of when I played Awakening for the first time and completely happened to have missed Laurent because I didn't talk to him. Wish they wouldn't do stuff like that but I guess it makes sense story-wise.

Thats a shame dude, Atlas is no joke my best unit that I have. Hes a life saver on hard mode. He comes in with a huge attack stat at a really low level so youll get the opportunity to train him a lot and by the time hes caught up with everyone else's level he'll be far exceeding them. His growths are also impressive, I constantly get 4 or 5 stats a level up and pairing him with the Blessed Sword turns him into a killing machine.