My Atlas is hilarious

15 str and 17 spd at level 8 Merc, no shrines used for that speed, and its like 

"Wow I said I'd use him for the epic art and memes, and he's now turning super solid" also ngl, his Merc look reminds me of a Tolkien design all the way to the brownish cloak

I'd post a screen but i'm waiting for my new phone :(:

Just now, r_n said:

You can save a picture to miiverse, then grab it off the web version.

Oh yeah thats true. I somehow forgot miiverse existed hahaha.

mine is fairly decently as well, though Saber this playthrough has literally trashed almost all of the "terribly designed maps" so far. The quick promotion to dread fighter in chapter 3 has literally made celica's side not much to worry about. Jesse seems to be the lowest of the bunch, but the most amusing.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I made my Atlas a Cav, and I regret everything.

Me too. I'm pretty sure my Atlas barely has double digit Speed even before weapon penalties, and that's as a friggin' Gold Knight.

I've only gotten 1 point of speed overall, and gotten I've strength every level up. He's also a bit underleveled since aparently 75% is more like 50% except 1rn so it is 75% im just spoiled by true hit and he can't get much EXP atm.

Do I regret Archer? Yes.

Not like I can do much at this point... Hope and pray for him to level up the dang bow and get the +hit skill...

Also, the point of speed is the only non-strength stat up he's gotten, if I'm remembering correctly...

Edited by Emerson

1 minute ago, AzureSen said:

Me too. I'm pretty sure my Atlas barely has double digit Speed even before weapon penalties, and that's as a friggin' Gold Knight.

The worst part is that I promoted him to Cav not knowing that everything ahead would just be swamps on swamps lol. Literally killed the only reason I wanted a Cav (mobility).

My Atlas quickly outshone all of my other Celica route Mercs.

When I started leveling Jesse, Saber and Kamui up to Myrms, and they all had speed in the upper teens, but all were getting Atk buffs from promotions, I realized that my Merc Atlas with like, 23 Atk would be running wild on them once he caught up in levels.

Wasn't really expecting it. They're all Dreadfighters now, and Atlas has like, 30 Atk, and speed/skill that's competitive with the others.

Edited by Slumber

Is it actually feasible to train up Merc Atlas? Aside from lack of EXP due to swamps, starting at Merc for Chapter 4 is...pretty sad. Maybe the massive Speed bonus would have made things easier, but Cav!Atlas basically had no way to grow without backtracking or grinding.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is it actually feasible to train up Merc Atlas? Aside from lack of EXP due to swamps, starting at Merc for Chapter 4 is...pretty sad. Maybe the massive Speed bonus would have made things easier, but Cav!Atlas basically had no way to grow without backtracking or grinding.

I mean you can promote him to Merc instantly when you get him before you go through the desert stuff. Give him the blessed sword to go to town in some graveyards.

Just now, Jedi said:

I mean you can promote him to Merc instantly when you get him before you go through the desert stuff. Give him the blessed sword to go to town in some graveyards.

More or less what I did. He caught up pretty quickly to everyone else.

Just now, Jedi said:

Really? I thought he won't go to the Dragon's Cave before Grieth is dead?

Also, I tried to avoid grinding on those graveyards and stuff, so I guess it's a no.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Really? I thought he won't go to the Dragon's Cave before Grieth is dead?

Also, I tried to avoid grinding on those graveyards and stuff, so I guess it's a no.

I mean I was forced into most of the fights, but I went back to the Seagate where the dragons were.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

I mean I was forced into most of the fights, but I went back to the Seagate where the dragons were.

Hm, okay. That's a bit too much backtracking for my liking, so I probably won't do that if I do a second run either.

58 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hm, okay. That's a bit too much backtracking for my liking, so I probably won't do that if I do a second run either.

he goes back to his village once, but then you can go back, get him, and he'll stay with you.

Edit: Quoted the wrong post but the same person lool.

Edited by KP Joey

1 minute ago, KP Joey said:

he goes back to his village once, but then you can go back, get him, and he'll stay with you.

Edit: Quoted the wrong post but the same person lool.

Oh, really? But since I have to go grab Palla and Catria again too, that's too annoying.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, really? But since I have to go grab Palla and Catria again too, that's too annoying.

if it's too annoying to spend 3 minutes going back two spots on the map and then going to a village on your way back up, Atlas definitely isn't for you lol.

Just now, KP Joey said:

if it's too annoying to spend 3 minutes going back two spots on the map and then going to a village on your way back up, Atlas definitely isn't for you lol.

It's about the random spawns that Grieth generates as I walk around the map. That's the most annoying part, especially since I try to avoid unnecessary sources of EXP when playing games that have world maps.

Archer Atlas has been working out pretty well for me so far.

Sure besides his HP and Atk his other stats aren't very impressive but a Killer Bow fixes his issue of not being able to double (and he has the HP to cast it's combat art constantly). And while his skill and luck aren't the best around the +15 hit boost from the combat art does fix up his hit rates mostly.

Bevore that he was just really solid ranged chip damage which was really usefull when fighting arcanists and cantors (now he just straight up kills them).

Mage Atlas could also be funny. He wouldn't double anything ever (and get's doubled by everything) but he's probably one of the better exploiters of Sagittae and he's the only unit on Celica's route with Rescue (which would have massive range when combined with his high attack stat).

I went archer with him and he is fairing quite well. Unfortunately Leon died early on for me so I was without an archer, which gives him no competition on Celica's side. I am surprised how well he is doing though, his hit isnt too bad, havent had an issue with him hitting too much, and he hits like a ton of bricks which is great.

I feel weird being the only person who uses Soldier Atlas, but damn he looks good as a Soldier. Not so much as it's promotions, but he definitely rocks the Soldier look.

His low Spd doesn't matter there anyways, and I give him an Iron Shield to patch up his Defense until the Armor base stat blesses him. His Strength complements the class nicely too, he feels like the Cannon to Valbar's Glacier.

2 hours ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

Ngl Atlas is my best unit. I keep seeing people say hes the worst merc but they could not be more wrong. He got 50 kills one match against a summoner with the blessed sword.

The people saying he's the worst Merc are overrating Speed, and underrating Attack. Jesse, Kamui and Saber are all gonna have problems hurting stuff later in the game. Their base Attack stats aren't great, and they all have lower Atk growth than Atlas. Meanwhile, Atlas won't have to worry about needing the promotion gains in Atk until Dreadfighter, and if Atlas hasn't gotten at least 1 point of Atk in the 20 levels between going from Villager to Dreadfighter, then I'm gonna say you got royally screwed.

The Spd and Skl gains he gets from promotions keep him at least competitive in those areas. He's not going to have trouble doubling anything that also isn't a Dreadfighter.

I expected him to be trash, but he ended up being probably my strongest unit. The only one who gave him a run for his money was Gray, AKA the other Merc with high Atk and low Spd/Skl.

Edited by Slumber