Should I return the Rion Shield or not ?

Hi guys !

I started to play Fire Emblem Echoes and I wanted to know if I should return the Rion Shield to the noble or not because i saw that the shield could give Skills and I planned to give it to Clive or someone else but the reward is the Speed booster so I don't know what to do. What should I do ? 

The Str +2 is alright for a shield, but it's not really THAT great. Its Arts are just the Leather Shield and Steel Shield skills (you get access to both at the same time though, so I guess that's something). Shields aren't really that useful imo, especially on Hard, since weaponless offense won't be enough. The Speed boosting cheese is obviously great since it boosts an important stat, but it's also used in a mission in Zofia Castle that lets you get the Foreign Spice (idk what it's called in English), which gives a whopping 3 Gold Marks when sold.

In short, yes, return it.

You could use it to marginally boost Warp/Physic range. Though, that is not very useful outside of LTC/efficiency runs. Other than that, it's probably best to trade it. Don't take my word for it since I have yet to play the game.

The SF side also calls the spice "Exotic Spice".