Shadow Sword and Dread Fighters

So in the original Gaiden, the Shadow Sword was powerful, but had a chance of harming the wielder if used. Dread Fighters were immune to this, and I thought it would carry over to Echoes. However, there is no mention of this in Echoes, and no hint that it could happen. The Dread Fighter doesn't have a skill about it or anything of that sort. So, can anyone confirm or deny if it works this way? I haven't found any mention of it anywhere.

I think they originally did in the remake but they took it out. It does have the lifetaker skill however so you can heal after kills so it sort of mitigates it. Better to just use 50 silver to forge it into a brave sword though...

I missed the part where it took life until Jesse (my wielder for a while) died a few times randomly. He was only a merc at the time, though...I quickly upgraded it to brave lol

Yeah, I was using it to help his awful attack, it took a few Mila Turnwheel uses to prevent an untimely demise unfortunately.

Edited by Leonarth

I was using it on Kliff for a bit. You can even milas the devil proc on it but, honestly it's too much work. It only really works on very high luck units anyway because of the -10 luck