I probably made the worst possible mistake

So I started Echoes. I finally get to Act 3 on Celica's first map. The thing is. I didn't talk to Palla and Catria. I thought this would be another Valbar moment where I just had to keep them alive. Nope, and of course being the idiot I am I saved. Is there a way to remedy the situation other than just restarting the game?

Just now, Birb_Laguz said:

Oh thank you. You saved me from having to redo everything.

I didn't realize I could even recruit them until after I had gotten Est, so I was worried I missed them, too.

I had a similar situation where I went north to the the shrine first, hoping to promote Atlas, and after the battle I saved, after which Catria, Palla, and Atlas all left, fortunately they were recruitable again just where they were before.

I made a similar mistake in Chapter 4.

I decided to check out the battle with Zeke first, and killed most of the units there while keeping Zeke alive before retreating. I figured that would work fine.

Yet, Tatiana wasn't in the dungeon cell,so I completely missed out on both of them.