DLC Classes for Birthright

Noma9

So I'm finally getting back into Birthright and I was wondering which BR characters are best with which DLC classes. I've tried looking through the forums but usually the answers are for children or Nohr characters, so I was hoping you guys could help me out. It's still early game so everyone on the BR path is an option, although Mozu and Kagero are already Dread Fighters, and I'd rather not use any special classes on Corrin. Children aren't really a consideration unless they would really excel in a class regardless of their parents, because I tend to pair people up for LOVE and not eugenics the first time. Shush.

With all that in mind, who would you suggest I make these classes?

-Great Lord

-Lodestar

-Dark Falcon

-Grandmaster

-Vanguard

-Witch

-Ballistician

Thanks for all you help, Serenes.

It would seem everyone's distracted with FE Echoes...

I mean, people don't talk about the BR cast because it's the least difficult path and Ryoma and the ninjas make things stupidly easy.  And then there's some stuff about how the rest of the cast sucks or whatever, but don't listen to that trite.  Anyway, here's my list.

- Great Lord: Without a doubt, Oboro.  I say this primarily because she already has a rank in lances, so she starts off as a great choice anyway.  Her skill stat is good enough to make moderate use of the Aether skill.  Plus, there's the blue hair.  Hinoka is another choice for this, as her stat spread is somewhat similar to Oboro.  Hana might be good as one as well, but it would be better used with a balanced unit.   It could work for Mozu, but you made her a Dread Fighter already, which is honestly better for her.

- Lodestar: It's a speed oriented class, so someone like Kaze or Ryoma might handle it well.  It might also help Hinata with his poor speed, but eh...  He's better off as an Oni Savage or something to that effect anyway.

- Dark Falcon: I've usually made Sakura one, but that's a waste of a good healer unless you also use Felicia and Azama (or Hana as a priestess, but her magic growth sucks).  Hinoka might be okay, but she'll never hit hard on the magic side unless she gets stupidly lucky.  Saizo and Hayato are surprisingly good choices for this role, since they've got the stats to make both weapon types work.  It is geared more towards solo units (Relief and Galeforce rely on them being alone, and the rally skill literally is supposed to make allies go further away), so take that into consideration.

- Grandmaster: Saizo has stats made for this class, I feel.  Decent strength and magic, and excellent skill that makes good use of Ignis.  Hayato is secondary, but Saizo simply has higher growths where it counts.  If you plan to use Saizo and Hayato as DLC units, I'd recommend handing Grandmaster to Saizo and Dark Falcon to Hayato simply because of Saizo's skill stat.  And there's something about a Robin wannabe blowing himself up that's... funny.

- Vanguard: Oh wait, there's another class that might be for Hinata.  Instead of trying to improve ganked growths, Vanguard would focus on emphasizing his strengths.  Though Silas might be all around better for it, since he has better growths in most stats than Hinata does, and it still emphasizes defense, which is Silas's true strength in Birthright.  And I know you said no eugenics, but Shiro might also be good as a Vanguard unless he has Orochi or Felicia as his mother.

- Witch: Is there really any contest, here?  Orochi is the most obvious choice, and there's hardly anyone more qualified in BR than her to use it.  Other than maybe Rhajat or Mitama with either Orochi or Sakura as the mother.  And Sakura herself, though you'd be wasting her oddly high strength growth.

- Ballistician: I wish I could make Setsuna one of these, but alas.  This is one of the few classes (if not the only class) that doesn't really improve a unit.  That being said, I often default to making Takumi one.  He's the one who'd make the most of it, and he uses a really powerful bow that already does half the work of the skill "Surefooted".

Haha, yeah I figured that might be the case. Thanks for taking the time to answer! I know it matters a lot less in BR who you use and as what (which is partially why I'm not dealing with optimal marriages) But since I have the DLC classes, I figured I may as well use them and it'd be easier to ask the community their thoughts than experiment with them on my own. 

Anyway! This was incredibly helpful, thanks again.

If you've got a guy with low/average Speed on any route and are willing to play favorites, give them both Dark Falcon and Lodestar. In just two levels they can have both Spd+2 and Dancing Blade for a whopping +5 Speed at the cost of two skill slots (and skill slots aren't that contested for a good chunk of the game). There is no shortage of men who would wrestle with each other over such a significant speed boost.

I might write full suggestions for each class later, but let me recommend you at least Lodestar!Silas (he desperately needs the speed.

37 minutes ago, Roy's Our Boy said:

Oroichi as a Witch is just filthy. Makes Birthright even easier as she can 2 shot Garon with ease.

Yeah, no. That ain't happening because for one, crits are highly unlikely to happen thanks to Garon's weapon, and second, Dragonskin blunts crit damage anyway.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia