Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia director on the name, wants to remake Binding Blade the most

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I'm game, I've never played it. However, I also want to play the fabled Jugdral games, so I'm not sure I'd like for them to skip them. Shadows of Valentia has proven they can "go back" with their remakes, but still.

8 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Although...if Binding Blade really turned out to be the next remake, then it would be a sure sign that they're deliberately skipping over the Jugdral games.

They did skip over Gaiden and remake FE3 before it, and then they went back.

That said, it's more connected to FE1 than Gaiden is, but still.

Eh. I'd prefer FE5 instead. FE4 I realize has some of the most boring mechanics in the game in terms of having to slug through large amounts of movement, but FE5 is pretty much the basis for the staple FE experience and it would be interesting to see if they keep it as BS for a blind run as any.

Whoa, I can wait for Genealogy if it meant Binding Blade instead, the sequel to the famous first internationally localized Fire Emblem game that never officially made it outside Japan.  I gave up hope years ago that I’d ever see it legitimately released in English.  If Binding Blade ends up as an Echoes game I might be more tempted to sit through FE7 again.  All the new art and potential for extended dialogue.  Yes, please.

Edited by Spoiler Alert
Added some words.

A Binding Blade remake or adapting Jugdral would be fine with with me, with only a minor preference toward Jugdral. Still, I say this with hesitancy, and I would not be saying it at all if Echoes wasn't so overall faithful to Gaiden while drastically improving visual aesthetics and story.

The fact that they're using the 'Echoes' title means that we could be seeing quite a few more remakes. Heroes has likely opened up a whole new load of people who'd be interested in playing older games, and I guess it makes sense to remake FE6 as Roy is a very popular progtagonist in the series. 

If they do remake Binding Blade, I hope they don't screw it up.  They did well with Gaiden, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Here's hoping they manage to fix what needed fixing while not ruining it entirely.

I don't care what game they remake first as long as they do all of them, but I would like the Jugdral games first. We'll just have to see in 2018 or 2019. Heck, they could give us a trailer later this year, but I doubt it.

i really don't like that game

but if we get an fe6 remake there might be an fe7 remake afterwards and i'd love that

that's really the only reason i'd care about this at the moment but i wouldn't have a problem with it either

Just now, escotanner said:

I don't care what game they remake first as long as they do all of them, but I would like the Jugdral games first. We'll just have to see in 2018 or 2019. Heck, they could give us a trailer later this year, but I doubt it.

Easy there, tiger, we still have no information on Fire Emblem Switch. I'm unsure we'll even get a teaser at E3.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Easy there, tiger, we still have no information on Fire Emblem Switch. I'm unsure we'll even get a teaser at E3.

Yeah you're probably right. With so many theories going around, I just want to know what the next game is all about.

17 minutes ago, unique said:

but if we get an fe6 remake there might be an fe7 remake afterwards and i'd love that

that's really the only reason i'd care about this at the moment but i wouldn't have a problem with it either

fe6 is the only fe game I dislike, but it would actually be good (tm) if it got the echoes treatment

also boring fe7 man :^)

Edited by Tryhard

31 minutes ago, unique said:

Seeing as we've already had FE7 released in English I doubt they'd remake it. 

18 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

fe6 is the only fe game I dislike, but it would actually be good (tm) if it got the echoes treatment

also boring fe7 man :^)

fe6 is one of the two FE games I dislike, but my feelings on a remake aside from the eventual fe7 remake are "it would be good if zephiel's voice from heroes comes back that was really funny"

in all honesty as much as I like fe7 most of the reason I'd want a remake is the music. i'd love to hear those without shitty GBA instruments. like hearing this with actual voices instead of weird GBA choir? that's one thing I want to hear in my lifetime

1 minute ago, Natalie said:

Seeing as we've already had FE7 released in English I doubt they'd remake it. 

i'm not sure how much that's a factor though

like, these games are made in japan, and I'm guessing that's largely their target audience with these. mystery of the emblem got a remake that was only released in Japan, and that was the most successful game in the series at the time, which was already released over there. not quite the same situation but I do think that that's not the biggest factor in these.

I'd rather see them done in order with the Jugdral games next... but then I'd really want them to change FE4 about more than they did Gaiden. Not the story, just the maps to make them... well less horse orientated. Plus removing the horrible trading system. Urgh, hated that. Plus, don't make us pick between brothers ¬¬

FE5, I wouldn't mind keeping the same, although with difficulty options and supports added. Also, let us recruit all characters and not have to pick and choose. I hate doing that.

FE6, I quite liked. Maybe give the option to recruit all characters and an actual support log... Maybe add a few more  supports here and there 'cos I'm greedy lol

Edited by Cute Chao

Either 6 or 4 is what I want next. I like FE6 and feel it would be the easier of the two to remake, but I also really liked what I played of 4 and would love to be able to play an official release all the way through.

It's good to see they're considering more remakes at least!

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Didnt they say early 2018 for FE Switch though? I cant remember. I imagine a short teaser is in order for it, but nothing else, and definitely no gameplay. FE Warriors is more likely to take the cake for any FE representation at E3. Its right around the corner, and is the only opportunity outside of Nintendo Directs to showcase the game in any major way.

In regards to an FE6 remake. Eh, I think Elibe or whatever that continent is called is the one that interests me the least. I never cared for Roy, Eliwood, Hector or any of those characters. So a remake of any of those games, unless it looks really good, probably wont interest me too much. I would rather a FE4 and FE5 personally.

Edited by Tolvir

Yo, if they remade Binding Blade next, i would be quite happy. Binding Blade is my favorite FE after all.

On the flipside, i never liked the Jugdral games that much. They were fine but also my least favorite FEs. Still, i wouldn't mind playing an FE4 remake.

I don't really care about the Elibe games, so stick me in the "would rather see Jugdral because it needs it more" camp. Especially as both Elibe games are entirely playable and not particularly alienating in their current form, and whatever presentation upgrade we'd get would be hurt by the inevitable loss of the GBA battle sprites. Kinda reminds me of a certain other series's recent remakes, actually...

Still, Binding Blade's alright and it makes a lot of sense to do something with that for the international audience. They've been stuck in a bad situation with Roy for proportionately longer than the average FE6 player is. A remake might also allow them to better integrate FE7 into the world instead of having it as a weird tacked-on prologue that, within twenty years, gets more thoroughly erased than a dictator's critic. I'm just glad they specified "Binding Blade" on its own, because the "hey let's merge fe6 and fe7 into a super genealogy" is the worst idea this fanbase still spouts.