If Genealogy ever gets remade…

Vaximillian

If they ever do make a remake of FE4, I just want them to make the pacing of the maps less sluggish. As much as I love FE4's story, the gameplay can become a chore after a while. 

Oh, also make sure not to take out the incest and I'm hoping the localization names are reasonable. I mean... what kind of name is Ced? Sety sounded so much better.

Edited by Mint Sherry

You know, Arts might make sense in FE4, considering that it has a very limited inventory you repair a lot.

9 minutes ago, qwernst said:

Calm down, Manfroy.

I mean it's not...like I would..y'know..brainwash...her...not.at.all.

I generally just like seeing new designs for established characters.  Like will Tailtiu look the same or different, who knows? o.O

52 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

I generally just like seeing new designs for established characters.  Like will Tailtiu look the same or different, who knows? o.O

I'm mixed on this point. I generally approve of redesigns for remakes and sequels featuring the same characters (like the Legend of Zelda), even if I don't like all the redesigns (and in the case of Deep Strange Journey- I don't like any of them so far). However, things like Cipher and Heroes I frown on, despite not having had such a bitter attitude towards the Awakening DLC redesigns (probably because I haven't played Cipher or Heroes, if I did I wouldn't mind so much).

If a remake of Seisen were to happen, a few things would have to change. For one, the maps are so huge; those long stages won't cut it, and would have to be broken down into individual maps. Secondly, that would eliminate another problem (read: taking a castle, then having an army just show up and slaughter your advance units). Lastly, I think they'd have to, either natively or via an expansion pack, address Thracia, which would need a total difficulty overhaul.

• 2 weeks later...

FE4 would need either a massive overhaul for a number of reasons to play like a modern FE game... or they they just go all in and embrace it's differences and build upon it making something more unique. A few glaring issues...

Only 24 characters max at any given time. Yes there are more in the game, but you can't have both kids *and* subs. They would need a bigger cast of playable characters to make the game more modernized. While they could just let you have both the kids and subs in gen 2 (assuming it keeps the 2 generations thing), then gen 1 would need more original ones, but would those have kids? Would it be all guys? etc.

Completely different weapon system. I don't think this one would be as big of a deal as some of the other hurdles though. But it is something that would need to be taken in to consideration.

In-door chapters. Will they make new indoor chapters for some battles? With doors and chests and such? Or will the entire game remain outside? This also ties to how the big maps would be handled. Speaking of which...

The huge maps which is always mentioned in these topics. Modernizing FE4's maps would require a lot of rework. While a few maps wouldn't be too hard since you could have each castle seize be a chapter, some maps have reinforcements show up at previously "beat" areas, or backtracking.

I could go on, but it's late. I personally still think they should just take the oddities and expand upon them making something new as reworking FE4 to play like newer ones would likely butcher the game. Also hi Superbus, have not seen you in forever.

47 minutes ago, Camus The Dark Knight said:

FE4 would need either a massive overhaul for a number of reasons to play like a modern FE game... or they they just go all in and embrace it's differences and build upon it making something more unique. A few glaring issues...

Only 24 characters max at any given time. Yes there are more in the game, but you can't have both kids *and* subs. They would need a bigger cast of playable characters to make the game more modernized. While they could just let you have both the kids and subs in gen 2 (assuming it keeps the 2 generations thing), then gen 1 would need more original ones, but would those have kids? Would it be all guys? etc.

Completely different weapon system. I don't think this one would be as big of a deal as some of the other hurdles though. But it is something that would need to be taken in to consideration.

In-door chapters. Will they make new indoor chapters for some battles? With doors and chests and such? Or will the entire game remain outside? This also ties to how the big maps would be handled. Speaking of which...

The huge maps which is always mentioned in these topics. Modernizing FE4's maps would require a lot of rework. While a few maps wouldn't be too hard since you could have each castle seize be a chapter, some maps have reinforcements show up at previously "beat" areas, or backtracking.

I could go on, but it's late. I personally still think they should just take the oddities and expand upon them making something new as reworking FE4 to play like newer ones would likely butcher the game. Also hi Superbus, have not seen you in forever.

What's wrong with 24 characters max? I don't see how that's any more unmodern as it was when it was made back then. Like I'm not against adding some new characters (actually could have done with one or two more in Shadows of Valentia)  but I don't see what about it is a deal breaker. It's not like 24 is even all that small a number. Birthright and Conquest must have less than 30 characters excluding the kids. Likewise Shadows of Valentia gives you less than 20 for each Lord and less than 40 in the post game. Both modern games.

Edited by Jotari

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

What's wrong with 24 characters max? I don't see how that's any more unmodern as it was when it was made back then. Like I'm not against adding some new characters (actually could have done with one or two more in Shadows of Valentia)  but I don't see what about it is a deal breaker. It's not like 24 is even all that small a number. Birthright and Conquest must have less than 30 characters excluding the kids. Likewise Shadows of Valentia gives you less than 20 for each Lord and less than 40 in the post game. Both modern games.

I honestly prefer the "you can only have 24, but you can use them all at once" FE4 system, I just meant it doesn't fit in with newer games is all.

I have also been thinking about how they could split up the larger maps and it got me thinking back to FE10 where you had to split up your teams for the later chapters. I think something like that might work when splitting up FE4 maps, so you could have modern-sized chapters using units that you split up for each path/castle. For example I'll take FE4 chapter 2...

Part 1: Take a portion of your characters, save Lachesis, and conquer Heirhein.

Part 2: Take the same force and conquer Anphony.

Part 3: Shift back to your other characters and fend off Fury's (or w/e she is called these days) attack. Obviously to make a chapter of it her force would need to be larger, and plot-wise you could just capture her and Levin could meet her in a cut-scene after the chapter.

Part 4: Both forces meet up and you can make a new one to continue on to Mackily.

Part 5: Conquer Agusty and take out Shagarl.

Just a thought.

8 hours ago, Camus The Dark Knight said:

I honestly prefer the "you can only have 24, but you can use them all at once" FE4 system, I just meant it doesn't fit in with newer games is all.

I have also been thinking about how they could split up the larger maps and it got me thinking back to FE10 where you had to split up your teams for the later chapters. I think something like that might work when splitting up FE4 maps, so you could have modern-sized chapters using units that you split up for each path/castle. For example I'll take FE4 chapter 2...

Part 1: Take a portion of your characters, save Lachesis, and conquer Heirhein.

Part 2: Take the same force and conquer Anphony.

Part 3: Shift back to your other characters and fend off Fury's (or w/e she is called these days) attack. Obviously to make a chapter of it her force would need to be larger, and plot-wise you could just capture her and Levin could meet her in a cut-scene after the chapter.

Part 4: Both forces meet up and you can make a new one to continue on to Mackily.

Part 5: Conquer Agusty and take out Shagarl.

Just a thought.

Well once again I got back to the fact that it was as much a departure from standard back then than it was now. And the recent remake of Gaiden kept the ability to use every character in every chapter (outside of dungeons. Taking that idea and turning castles into sort of dungeons could be a cool idea though). So I don't really expect that feature to be changed to any extent in a hypothetical remake.

1 hour ago, Lady Sansa said:

It won't get remade.

what are your arguments for that? it could very well be the next remake in the franchise, considering a lot of western fans like the game a lot.even tho tbh i wish you are right

8 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

what are your arguments for that? it could very well be the next remake in the franchise, considering a lot of western fans like the game a lot.even tho tbh i wish you are right

That is incorrect.

On 22/05/2017 at 3:25 AM, Vaximillian said:

…I’m going to squee like a fangirl in anticipation of new and improved soundtrack.

Versus Arvis on repeat, anyone?

I'd listen to that for hours if they made an improved, orchestrated soundtrack. I'd love improved versions of these, to mention a few.

not to mention the event/situation songs like this and this

I could keep going for all eternity.

As for a FE4 remake, I remember vaguely something about someone important saying that, if they're going to remake another game, they'd love to remake FE6. Yeah, my faith on a FE4 remake is very faint.

Edited by Rapier

I don't get the skepticism about an FE4 remake when IS just remade FE2 of all games.  It might not be the next remake, but I don't see why it couldn't be a thing.

why do people bother acknowledging posts that say things like "it won't get remade" without any explanation that offer literally no type of discussion

anyway the only reason we need an fe4 remake is so there can be a remix of the verdane army theme, the single best thing to come out of the fire emblem series

there are lots of songs that would sound good in a remake but verdane army is the only completely necessary one

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-director-on-the-name-wants-to-remake-binding-blade-the-most/ 

If the Echoes director comes onboard for the next project we might not see Genealogy yet, but its a very apt choice, because it has some elements that made Awakening popular, so I don't see them brushing past it entirely.

Would anyone approve of a small measure of reclass being added in the eventual remake for the kiddos? Mostly so that kids with dads that'd be bad for them in their default classes could work?

Thinking on the children, not many are really screwable as is though. Ced, Febail, Lana, Coirpre, Lene, Ulster, Larcei, Fee, Nanna, and Patty are all basically either unscrewable in offense, or utility units relatively unaffected by what their stats end up being. Sure, all of them will turn out better with certain fathers, but they'll all be plenty usable even without them. Diarmuid can be screwed only so much- the Pursuit Ring + magic sword, or the Brave Sword can fix him even with his worst father Claud. The remaining kids, the only truly screwable ones, are Lester, Tine, and Arthur. This is why I question whether we'd need any reclass at all.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer