Where is Atlas?

Ok so, I've been to the mountain village, and I didn't find anyone there to recruit, so I left. I found out that there was supposed to be a villager there named Atlas, so I backtracked. He still isn't there. How do I unlock Atlas?

Atlas is in the mountain village (Chapter 3 is the town to the left of the second graveyard in Celica's route.) and is found when going to a area of the village called "house". He is impossible to miss, due to him looking much tougher and rugged compared to other Villager males

also quick tip, he can only be class changed at Celica's first seen shrine, The Sea altar (or whatever) as I tried to go up immediatly to class Change him at the new shrine only to lose Atlas, Catria and Palla from my party due to "not pursuing Grieth" luckily I revisited them and they rejoined 

Edited by Ronman5

On 2017-5-22 at 2:01 PM, Ronman5 said:

Atlas is in the mountain village (Chapter 3 is the town to the left of the second graveyard in Celica's route.) and is found when going to a area of the village called "house". He is impossible to miss, due to him looking much tougher and rugged compared to other Villager males

also quick tip, he can only be class changed at Celica's first seen shrine, The Sea altar (or whatever) as I tried to go up immediatly to class Change him at the new shrine only to lose Atlas, Catria and Palla from my party due to "not pursuing Grieth" luckily I revisited them and they rejoined 

After having just beaten Grieth, he then became a permanent member of the party, if the dialogue is anything to go by. So, I imagine I could now go to the cave in the upper part of the map, without Atlas, Catria or Palla leaving the party for not going to their "quests" route. I would have gone back to the first shrine, but I'd rather have dealt with dragging around a villager, than having enemies spawn every time I moved on the map.

• 1 month later...

Does this mean that if you beat Grieth before speaking to Atlas, you cannot have him join your party at all?

On my second go-around, I went straight to battle Grieth before heading to the Mountain Village because I did not want to go through the trouble of having Palla and Catria leave and have to go back and get them (I know, they don't disappear forever, but I was trying to save time).

Kinda disappointed by this honestly... :/

You can head north without killing Grieth and fight the one battle before the Dragon Shrine and the Temple of Mila, but Palla, Catria and Atlas will all leave once it ends. That happened on my first playthrough. It might be worth doing, as you can cheaply convert the boss's dropped Shadow Sword (just 50 Silver) into a Brave Sword, which is nifty and might be useful for the desert. Of course it'll mean another 1-2 annoying graveyard battles.