Sacae Route, use Zeiss?

I'm about to start chapter 17 of the Sacae Route on HM and I have yet to touch Zeiss, do you think it's too late to start using him? It is my first time playing FE6 Hard Mode (yeah I know Ilia would have been easier, but Shin is so much better at combat than Thany and Tate combined, so...) so I wouldn't want to make my life even harder but the next chapters will let me deploy more units than I had planned to and I love wyvern riders. This is my team so far: Roy (waiting for the opportunity to grab that last level), Lance, Alan, Percival, Lugh, Ellen, Miledy, Tate, Rutger, Dieck, Shin, Clarine, Lalum. I still have 1 deployment slot left and it's either Zeiss or Echidna I guess (Percival is still at C axes and I don't know if I'll manage to get him to S rank)...

I'd say Zeiss isn't worth it -  unless you gimp Miledy by taking the Delphi Shield from her, he's easy pickings for the many nomads you'll see.

Don't use Zeiss this playthrough. As Levant said, you'll have to weaken Miledy by taking the shield from her and Sacae is easily the worse of the routes for someone who wants to use Zeiss.

Echidna or Percival are fine, Dieck would be a decent alternative for using Armads (you can get multiple S ranks for weapons in this game).

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

But... I'm having Tate hold the Delphi Shield :P: Also he would be Miledy's only decent support partner (I mean, I know she can also support Lugh and Ellen, but they're never close). Also I'd LOVE to give Armads to Dieck (or Alan) but he's still a few points away from D-Rank :sob:

Just now, Koumal8 said:

But... I'm having Tate hold the Delphi Shield :P: Also he would be Miledy's only decent support partner (I mean, I know she can also support Lugh and Ellen, but they're never close). Also I'd LOVE to give Armads to Dieck (or Alan) but he's still a few points away from D-Rank :sob:

More reason to not use Zeiss on this route.

Supports are not mandatory.

• 2 weeks later...

Zeiss is better for Ilia since his slightly higher strength and defense growths will serve him better against the pegasi. 

Sacae is full of bows, and I don't think I need to elaborate as to why bringing too many fliers there is a bad idea.