What's The Biggest Amount of Arena/Boss/Savestate/Clock Abuse You've Ever Done in An FE Game File?

Randoman

What's the biggest amount of arena/boss/savestate/clock abuse you've ever done in an FE game file? Things like 20/1 Dieck in Chapter 7 in FE6, making Kent/Sain a 20/1 paladin in Lyn Mode in FE7, maxing Roshea's speed with clock abuse in FE11 are fair game. If you used Action Replay codes to boost stats/hack in items or any external hacks like that (besides translation patches), don't count that file.

As for me personally, well... I've got this certain FE3 Book 1 file that I didn't use any cheats in at all. Just load up the first file, check out all the characters, and you'll see what I mean.

Fire Emblem - Monshou no Nazo.srm

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I soft reset for about three hours in order to get a talisman and a dracoshield from a merchant on FE Awakening, does that count?

Well, I suppose that is technically a form of abusing the game mechanics without hacking the data, so sure!!

I've done the egregious. Getting Kent or Sain up to a 20/1 Paladin in Lyn's story AND arena abusing Guy / Raven up to Swordmaster or Hero at the first Port of Badon arena in the same play-through is pretty egregious .

But more-or-less required, for those runs where you're trying to unlock all the Kishuna chapters, and absolutely need to 1-round him on Imprisoner of Magic. 

...trivializes the rest of the game, and STILL leaves you fishing for good RNG on that one particular chapter.

Which is nothing if not a testament to how stupid that chapter really is. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

I had a bit of fun on a Gaiden save file by giving Silque the Angel Ring and resetting every level that didn't give her Speed or Defense. By the end of the run, she couldn't be hurt and doubled everyone.

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I soft reset for about three hours in order to get a talisman and a dracoshield from a merchant on FE Awakening, does that count?

That sounds like way more trouble than it's worth

I'm kind of an abuse monster at times, usually with arenas (what, it makes support grinding less tedious)

Making a Sain with 20 Speed and Strength at level 20 in Lyn Mode (admittedly some messing around with the speed, but certainly not every level or anything), making HHM so much easier when using just prepromotes (And Bartre. And the Lords. And also Matthew/Legault. I really need to do this more legit next time). I tend to try to avoid overlevelling in general, especially with FE7, but training units up a bit is a common occurrence. Pretty much habit when it comes to FE6 sadly, though usually only from mid-game on. I need to really improve with that game.

One I do find hilarious is going for a long time (easily in the hundreds of turns) with the last arena in Thracia 776 to give lower levelled units a chance to level up, and somehow Hicks of all units ended up at max level, going up from a pretty low level promoted and thanks to scrolls capping EVERYTHING including magic (Except HP, but that's not happening in Judgral unless your name's Faval and your dad's Holyn). Something nobody else could. While still being useable in the next map. If he had a sword rank I would have used him in the endgame for sure.

Grinding everyone up in Awakening/Revelations (In awakening's case over years. It's a long time), and that's mostly because the option's there and making your avatar able to proc a skill 99% of the time without an eternal seal is still amazing to see.

2 hours ago, Godhand said:

That sounds like way more trouble than it's worth

It really was, but I was bored and had a spare rift door, plus I had used up my stockpiles of both, so I figured might as well

I think the longest I did was 1000 turns on Part 1 Endgame trying to train up Leo, Meg and Fiona in a hard-to-use unit's run. It ended up worth it as all three of them ended up stronger than the Greil Mercs in Part 3-13 to hilarious effect; and Leo got Rank 1 in the Top 5, as well as Meg in Rank 3. All three of them capped their stats too; I particularly remember Fiona being a monster in Part 4 Endgame.

Edited by Azzurohr

Is having Wendy (fe6) boss abuse the boss in her join chapter, to get her to level 7, and then getting her to 20 and promoted by having her arena abuse, count?

To be honest I took a lot of turns in almost every FE I played (except in the case of FE8) just to get my units promoted by having them arena abuse.

Also, I took a lot of turns by boss abusing the first boss in chapter 4 of FE4 until everyone was able to promote. There's also the fact I waited several turns to get the characters I shipped to be paired. Most of the time, I exceeded 500 turns in each chapter.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

In my first playtrough of FE6, I ended up arena abusing with every units during the Ositia chapter(the one where you recruit Zealot and treck). Needless to say, I ended up with something like 50 hours of playtime, even if I just used the fast forward x4, which made me conplete arena abuse in 2 hours or even less.