Did anyone noticed if you recruited Atlas & the 2 Whitewing sisters after defeating Blake & didn't fought Grieth that will depart?

I just noticed that Atlas and the two Whitewing sisters can actually depart your party and gives you back all the three items that they were carrying after defeating Blake while haven't defeated Grieth yet in Act 3. I was going to the Dragon Shrine to get the Boy's Journal and promote Genny as a Saint using the Mila's Statue, then these three departed that they mentioned that this isn't the way to Grieth's Cinadel. I was scared at first that they like they did leave Celica's party forever, but you can actually recruited them back at the Zofian Harbor and Mountain Village that they said something like "You changed your mind?". I did have Atlas promoted as a Mercenary and all of them still have the same stats when they leveled up in my playthrough before departing Celica's party.

Also, did anyone tested it on Jesse and see if he does depart your party or not if you didn't defeated Grieth and heading towards the Temple of Mila just like the three that I mentioned? I don't actually recall if the three can actually depart Celica's party to the road straight to Temple of Mila and haven't defeated Grieth yet in the original game or this was added in Fire a Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia?

Edited by King Marth 64

3 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I just noticed that Atlas and the two Whitewing sisters can actually depart your party and gives you back all the three items that they were carrying after defeating Blake while haven't defeated Grieth yet in Act 3. I was going to the Dragon Shrine to get the Boy's Journal and promote Genny as a Saint using the Mila's Statue, then these three departed that they mentioned that this isn't the way to Grieth's Cinadel. I was scared at first that they like they did leave Celica's party forever, but you can actually recruited them back at the Zofian Harbor and Mountain Village that they said something like "You changed your mind?". I did have Atlas promoted as a Mercenary and all of them still have the same stats when they leveled up in my playthrough before departing Celica's party.

Also, did anyone tested it on Jesse and see if he does depart your party or not if you didn't defeated Grieth and heading towards the Temple of Mila just like the three that I mentioned? I don't actually recall if the three can actually depart Celica's party to the road straight to Temple of Mila and haven't defeated Grieth yet in the original game or this was added in Fire a Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia?

Unfortunately, I found out the hard way. And no, Jesse does not depart when that happens.

I think the thing about Jesse (and Atlas but NOT Catria or Palla) is that if you defeat Grieth before speaking to him he won't join you because he has no reason to. Either that or he doesn't appear at all. Catria and Palla still join you because Est will be in your party and they'll join because of that.

I did try to go to the shrine, but then decided to take on Grieth's army with all my unpromoted units because I was primarily looking to get the Whitewings and Atlas promoted (along with the non-magic units).

The good news is that now pretty much everyone except Mae and the two new recruits from Grieth's Citadel are ready to promote.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yes, this happens.

Also you don't even get Jesse until after Grieth is dead.

Actually, you're able to recruit him in the Desert Stronghold, which is well before you take on Grieth.  He's the one that actually tells you about only having to take on either Sonya or Deen.

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

Actually, you're able to recruit him in the Desert Stronghold, which is well before you take on Grieth.  He's the one that actually tells you about only having to take on either Sonya or Deen.

Yes, I remembered. I edited my post.