Arcanists are way too powerful.

So everyone's complains about Cantors and Witches, but Arcanists are worse imo. Cantors aren't really hard, just tedious, and Witches are rare. But Arcanists are common, and these guys are so damn bulky. What's worse is that they hit like a truck, especially the ones with Mire, even against high Res units. At least Cantors don't fight back during the enemy phase.

13 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Dread fighters or a hexlock shield makes em pretty worthless, half the time they don't even hit anyways

The Hexlock Shield is at the Fear Shrine in Chapter 4 though, and only on Alm side, while Celica side has way more Arcanists. Dread Fighters also take forever to get.

I don't have too much of a problem with Arcanists; their low Attack Speed make them quite easy to take down, especially with Palla and Catria. There are times when one can get overwhelmed, but it's preventable. Also, you can forge the Iron Bow you get on Celica side into a Silver one (or just have it forged on Alm's side and transfer it over), then have Leon use it. You should get its Art pretty soon; it Silences enemies that get hit.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Generally I don't have a problem with them. They tend to miss most of their attacks.

The only exception was Mila's temple where they suddenly got to marksmanship academy and all had spells with a very long rage. 

Its enemy archers that tend to get on my nerve a lot.  

the only enemies that give me any sort of challenge are the barons in dungeon encounters. they hit hilariously hard with weapons while having decent accuracy. nothing else has really given me like an oh shit level of worry other than them.

Snipers/Bow Knights make them pretty easy to deal with since they have more range than them, although in large packs they can be annoying, since those 50% hits they normally have tend to hit for me.

Typically a Heavy Draw from Tobin and a Curved Shot from Python can take one out with relative ease, or at least put them at very low health, and now that Gray is a Dread Fighter, he can ORKO them without taking much in return.

The Clerics, Genny especially, can also be decent at baiting them, since their base Res is great, and they can do a decent bit of chip damage thanks to their low HP.

Ok, so on their own, Arcanists aren't that powerful. It's when they come at you in a group when they become an issue. And they usually come at you in a group.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The only exception was Mila's temple where they suddenly got to marksmanship academy and all had spells with a very long rage. 

Arcanists at Mila's Temple caused me two resets, one because Leon was killed and i had zero Turnwheel uses left (Arcanists+Gargoyles drained my Turnwheel uses) the other because Celica was killed and you can't Turnwheel to save the Lords.

It's worth noting that i was playing on Hard.

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The Hexlock Shield is at the Fear Shrine in Chapter 4 though, and only on Alm side, while Celica side has way more Arcanists. Dread Fighters also take forever to get.

I could just give it to the Merchant though so Celica can have it. Though i just came out of the Fear Shrine (i needed to revive Silque) and i don't feel like going back in. Especially since the first group of enemies you fight are a group of Arcanists+a Cantor.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I could just give it to the Merchant though so Celica can have it. Though i just came out of the Fear Shrine (i needed to revive Silque) and i don't feel like going back in. Especially since the first group of enemies you fight are a group of Arcanists+a Cantor.

But the thing is, assuming that you play both sides at the same time, by the time you get the Hexlock Shield and the means to transport it without backtracking forever, you'll already have a Dread Fighter (or will be extremely close to having one, at least), so I don't think there's much point. It can still contribute, but it barely matters imo.

I recommend you go back in, though. The Fear Shrine contains the Duma Lance, Speed Ring, and Blessed Shield too, all great equipment to have, especially the first two.

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But the thing is, assuming that you play both sides at the same time, by the time you get the Hexlock Shield and the means to transport it without backtracking forever, you'll already have a Dread Fighter (or will be extremely close to having one, at least), so I don't think there's much point. It can still contribute, but it barely matters imo.

I recommend you go back in, though. The Fear Shrine contains the Duma Lance, Speed Ring, and Blessed Shield too, all great equipment to have, especially the first two.

I have two of the three. I....got the Silver Shield instead. Silque desperatly needed it actually because, my God, her Defense without it is shit.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have two of the three. I....got the Silver Shield instead. Silque desperatly needed it actually because, my God, her Defense without it is shit.

Eh, I personally prefer the Blessed Shield. Aside from the healing it provides, which works perfectly with Saints, halving damage taken from Terrors is quite useful, and usually worth more than the 7 Def, while also not weighing one down. It makes your Saints actually able to combat Gargoyles and Bigles, especially Cleric Faye. Of course, it doesn't work on human enemies. However, you already have Steel Shields, and can gain access to a Dracoshield very soon, which really speak against the Silver Shield's usefulness at that point.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Eh, I personally prefer the Blessed Shield. Aside from the healing it provides, which works perfectly with Saints, halving damage taken from Terrors is quite useful, and usually worth more than the 7 Def, while also not weighing one down. It makes your Saints actually able to combat Gargoyles and Bigles, especially Cleric Faye. Of course, it doesn't work on human enemies. However, you already have Steel Shields, and can gain access to a Dracoshield very soon, which really speak against the Silver Shield's usefulness at that point.

My Faye has 12 defense+4 from an Iron Shield and since she's usually near Alm, that means her Nosferatu hit-rate is brought up to 80% so she can actually Nosfertank in a couple situations. And that's not counting the crit-boost she gets from Alm too.

Still, i kinda wish i got the Blessed Shield now. Oh well. That'll happen on another playthrough.

16 hours ago, Tsak said:

the only enemies that give me any sort of challenge are the barons in dungeon encounters. they hit hilariously hard with weapons while having decent accuracy. nothing else has really given me like an oh shit level of worry other than them.

That has been my largest challenge too. All the casters have been pretty easy to deal with between archers, dread fighters, and Forsyth with a Dracoshield. The Barons are the issue for me, they hit hard so leaving mages in their range is certain death, but mages are the only way to bring them down efficiently. I tend to have to stick Forsyth and Lukas in their path to lure them in and have all my mages hide behind them. Cant have anyone like Gray or Mathilda try and fight them because they only get a point through and get a boot to the face on counter attack, literally.

Edited by Tolvir

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

cancer shard mannnnn. my silque is at like 14 defense its amazing i can give her rings and stuff and not worry about her

7 minutes ago, Tsak said:

cancer shard mannnnn. my silque is at like 14 defense its amazing i can give her rings and stuff and not worry about her

I don't have any of the DLC tho.

On 5/22/2017 at 6:34 PM, Tsak said:

Dread fighters or a hexlock shield makes em pretty worthless, half the time they don't even hit anyways

Speak for yourself!  I don't care how low the hit rate for Mire gets, it's like they hit 85%+ of the time, and they always take off a GOOD chunk of health!  Thank GOD I don't have to deal with that storming Desaix's fortress - taking Desaix down along with that Cantor and his endless streem of undead is a three-times-retreat chore all on its own!

9 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

I usually just make Genny/Silque Invoke and safely bait/overwhelm them with my own numbers. 

Is it less exp I get? yeah

do i have less headaches? also yeah

Invoke has been a godsend for me with Genny, but when the hell does Silque get it?!  I'm at level 11 with her and yet I've got squat there - I think she's unlocked Seraphim sooner than she has Invoke and it's KILLING ME!

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

12 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

taking Desaix down along with that Cantor and his endless streem of undead is a three-times-retreat chore all on its own!

Desaix wasn't that hard tho. I just had Gray Lightning Sword the shit out of him. Faye's Physic is a Godsend on the map too, since you can easily heal Mathilda if she needs it. Actually, you can go the extra mile and use Rescue to get Mathilda out of her cell.

14 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Invoke has been a godsend for me with Genny, but when the hell does Silque get it?!

Lv.18. Which makes sens because she summons Dread Fighters.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Desaix wasn't that hard tho. I just had Gray Lightning Sword the shit out of him. Faye's Physic is a Godsend on the map too, since you can easily heal Mathilda if she needs it. Actually, you can go the extra mile and use Rescue to get Mathilda out of her cell.

Lv.18. Which makes sens because she summons Dread Fighters.

0_o

...Level 18 as a Cleric?

Pardon my panic, but PLEASE TELL ME I CAN GET IT AS A SAINT, I JUST PROMOTED HER THIS MORNING!

Just now, Selena4Lyfe said:

0_o

...Level 18 as a Cleric?

Pardon my panic, but PLEASE TELL ME I CAN GET IT AS A SAINT, I JUST PROMOTED HER THIS MORNING!

Yes. And the way it works is, Silque promotes at Lv.12, so she'll learn Invoke at Lv.6. Don't worry, promotions don't screw you over when it comes to learning spells.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes. And the way it works is, Silque promotes at Lv.12, so she'll learn Invoke at Lv.6. Don't worry, promotions don't screw you over when it comes to learning spells.

Oh thank God!  Soon my love!  SOON YOU WILL BE A GOD TO CHALLENGE MILA AND DUMA THEMSELVES!  (Like Clair, only even more adorable)  xD

Edited by Selena4Lyfe