Mage spells after Promotion

I've noticed that some mages like Boey and Kliff learn spells after their promoting level. Are these spells worth it and can I miss it if I choose to promote straight at Lvl 12?

I really hate missing out on things during playthroughs so I'll most likely wait until they learn them.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm pretty sure you can't miss spells this way. You'll get them a few levels after promoting, I think depending on how many levels you still had to go up before you got the spell in the base class.

Huh, well I'll stay safe for now just in case.

Just now, KongDude said:

Huh, well I'll stay safe for now just in case.

You don't really have to, because I know for a fact from playing that you can get Mage spells as a Sage/Priestess/etc. I just don't know how they determine when you get the spells. I know for sure that you don't have to get to the same level numerically.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You don't really have to, because I know for a fact from playing that you can get Mage spells as a Sage/Priestess/etc. I just don't know how they determine when you get the spells. I know for sure that you don't have to get to the same level numerically.

Ah, okay. I thought you were somewhat uncertain yourself, but if you've gotten them than I guess I don't have to worry.

Any spell that would be learned at a later level then your promoting level has it;s own formula. Basically, we'll use Celica who gets Ragnarok at level 20.

If she promotes at say level 15, once promoted she will learn Ragnarok at level 6. The formula is basically (Spell level - Promotion level)+1.

Just now, Azz said:

Any spell that would be learned at a later level then your promoting level has it;s own formula. Basically, we'll use Celica who gets Ragnarok at level 20.

If she promotes at say level 15, once promoted she will learn Ragnarok at level 6. The formula is basically (Spell level - Promotion level)+1.

Okay, Thanks! Now I have to go back through the Temples to promote Kliff.