Advice on the Temple of Mila

Unless you're really confident in your Whitewings, it's better to thin out the Arcanists on the left side of the map first before taking on the Cantor, because they will all swarm towards the right side (aside from the top one with Fortify) once the door to the Cantor is opened. With the help of Celica, Mae and an Archer, Palla and Catria should be able to take on the Arcanists.

The summoned Gargoyles aren't that strong, so your other units like Saber etc. should be able to just hold on the right side. If needed, you can have Genny Invoke to draw their attention.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I just beated this chapter today and I had a relatively easy way of finishing the chapter.

The Arcanists only start moving when you are in their range and next to the boss is one tile that the arcanists can't reach. My dread fighter saber could critkill the boss with the brave sword while the rest of the army sat on the forest tiles outside to lure out the gargoyles. Its a bit tedius but it got the job done. Before you can do this you just have to make sure its safe for Palla to open the gate. She should be fine if you move in when most of the gargoyles are dead.

With the gargoyles gone you can pick of the Arcanists with high res units.

For me, I unlocked the door with Est, and sent in Kamui with the Blessed Sword to take out the enemies inside, while Archer!Atlas, Leon and any users of Seraphim took down the Gargoyles. It took a while, and Genny used a lot of Physics, but it worked out in the end.

I used Leon to kill the Sniper and Arcanist closest to the door before opening it, since any of the Whitewings would likely have been killed immediately. He's got range over the Arcanist, and doubled the Sniper with ease.