Grinding StarShards?

just run between rooms and hit jars. Eventually you'll get some. the 2nd part of the dlc level has better drop rates i'd imagine but its harder. I've only managed to get 9 of the 12 so far but i'd really like to complete it if i can

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's just RNG. I think the deeper part of the Astral Temple (second set of DLC) has higher drop rates for the Shards? Also, there's a Water Dragon in the deeper part that seems to always drop a Shard.

Will this come later down the line? Cause I played 4 dollars for this so far useless map.

2 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

Will this come later down the line? Cause I played 4 dollars for this so far useless map.

Probably, yeah. It took about a week or two for Japan to get the second set iirc.

If it makes you feel any better, I believe there's a unique drop in the easier temple that's unobtainable in the deeper part, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

It seems like getting them early is the way to go.  Even if you get them at higher rates at the harder one, if you only have a few levels left to go, there's not much point to equipping them, since level-ups are finite to my understanding, unless there's some way to endlessly grind levels, that I'm unaware of.

16 minutes ago, Emerson said:

The next DLC, containing the next Astral Temple map, is coming on the 25th.

source

Since I bought the 1st astral temple map, does that mean I get the second one as well? Cause that I map is outrageously overpriced if that isn't the case.

6 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

Since I bought the 1st astral temple map, does that mean I get the second one as well? Cause that I map is outrageously overpriced if that isn't the case.

You only get one. You have to purchase the other separately.

I mean the drops for weapons in the boss room are pretty good. I've gotten 2 brave swords in 1 big urn before. It's pretty RNG but it serves a similar purpose but at lower levels. You won't be able to fire up a game in like act1-2 and be able to storm through the Inner sanctum. You'll get your shit rocked

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

It seems like getting them early is the way to go.  Even if you get them at higher rates at the harder one, if you only have a few levels left to go, there's not much point to equipping them, since level-ups are finite to my understanding, unless there's some way to endlessly grind levels, that I'm unaware of.

Mercenaries can grind infinitely because Dread Fighter loops back into Villager for some reason (and only Dread Fighter can do this), so I guess the Starsphere makes the endgame grinding for max stats easier, if you wish to do so.

55 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mercenaries can grind infinitely because Dread Fighter loops back into Villager for some reason (and only Dread Fighter can do this), so I guess the Starsphere makes the endgame grinding for max stats easier, if you wish to do so.

Well, I guess Gray, Saber, and Kamui can grind endlessly.  Do any of the DLC maps give an item that lets you grind?  It says stuff about unlocking the ultimate class, but I'm not sure what that means.  For post-game, I like to maximize my units.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, I guess Gray, Saber, and Kamui can grind endlessly.  Do any of the DLC maps give an item that lets you grind?  It says stuff about unlocking the ultimate class, but I'm not sure what that means.  For post-game, I like to maximize my units.

Well, there are two Villager's Forks so far (not sure if the Western version has them released yet), so you can make two non-Dread Fighters reset as well, but only once (or you could use both on the same guy). The OverClasses are a promotion, so that naturally comes with 20 more levels I guess.

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, there are two Villager's Forks so far (not sure if the Western version has them released yet), so you can make two non-Dread Fighters reset as well, but only once (or you could use both on the same guy). The OverClasses are a promotion, so that naturally comes with 20 more levels I guess.

Can you use the overpromotions on units that are already promoted to give them 20 more levels?

Just now, Rezzy said:

Can you use the overpromotions on units that are already promoted to give them 20 more levels?

Yes, as far as I know. OverClasses are to go even further beyond.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Can you use them over and over?  Can an overclass get reset after it's already overclassed?

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mercenary: This is my normal state. 

Myrmidon: This is a Super Mercenary

Dread Fighter: This is a Mercenary that has ascended past the Super Mercenary, you could call this a Dread Fighter. And this... is to go even further beyond! *screaming*

Yaksha: Sorry for the wait, I don't have much practice with this one. I call it the Yaksha class.

The sad part is, with the dread fighter critical animation, I could totally believe them doing that.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That I don't know. I assume no?

That's too bad.  I guess it won't be like Awakening, where my post-game team had maxed everything.  Fates, I didn't really bother, because the DLC either stunk or didn't let you use your own units anyway.

Just now, Thran Starcrod said:

Mercenary: This is my normal state. 

Myrmidon: This is a Super Mercenary

Dread Fighter: This is a Mercenary that has ascended past the Super Mercenary, you could call this a Dread Fighter. And this... is to go even further beyond! *screaming*

Yaksha: Sorry for the wait, I don't have much practice with this one. I call it the Yaksha class.

I was so close to posting this same exact thing before ultimately deciding against it. 

I have been enjoying this map. I make it a game to try and get the jars without ever getting into a battle. I haven't figured out how to steal the boss jar without getting into a fight, so I usually just snag the 6 rooms. It is surprisingly fun to dash in break jars and then lure away the guards so you steal the goods. It is actually kinda boring if you don't have to deal with room guards and nearby patrols chasing you.

28 minutes ago, Usana said:

I have been enjoying this map. I make it a game to try and get the jars without ever getting into a battle. I haven't figured out how to steal the boss jar without getting into a fight, so I usually just snag the 6 rooms. It is surprisingly fun to dash in break jars and then lure away the guards so you steal the goods. It is actually kinda boring if you don't have to deal with room guards and nearby patrols chasing you.

Ahaha, I did the same thing. Trying not to accumulate turns to get the Blitzkrieg award. I hope it actually works.

Anyway, you should also fight the enemies if you can. They can drop shards from time to time.

Just note that every 10th or so enemy drops an item and only 5 items max. If you've defeated more than 10 enemies, exit the dungeon and re-enter.

I have a couple of shards from just smashing pots and running away for 1-2 hours, although it sucks when you get 3 duplicates...

Yeah I got an Aquarius and a Libra that way. I figure I get into enough battles when ever I have an 'oopsie'. I really want to just get a long chain of every baddie possible down their chasing me around while I have my phone playing yakety sax.

Really I am just trying to make the grind for them a bit more bearable.  And Duplicates can be annoying. The game likes to throw cancer shards at me. I suppose it can be one of the more useful ones to patch up a defense stat that just doesn't want to go up(just like Leo and Libra for strength and speed), but I don't need enough for everyone at the same time! I have actually just started leaving cancers lay on the floor. Don't want to clutter my inventory anymore.