The most pessimistic lord, as well as the most optimistic lord, in the series.

So, yeah. This question. It's in the title. No real reason.

Anyways, I can't really determine who's the most pessimistic or optimistic lord in the series, as I don't know the personality of all the lords. But I guess I pick Lyn as being optimistic.

What about you guys? Who do you pick?

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Lyn's pretty optimistic. So are Marth and Micaiah.

I'm not sure I'd use the term "edgy" to describe any of the lords honestly.

Lords aren't really edgy, so I'd agree with the above poster on that front.

Most optimistic I'd say Chrom.  Most pessimistic would probably be Micaiah, I guess.  

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Most optimistic? Sharena, no doubt. She always seems happy and cheerful and wants to make friends with everyone!

But yeah, no lords are really edgy at all. The closest to being that would probably be Ike, but even he's not that close. He's just blunt and prefers to only say what needs to be said and nothing more.

Well, as you guys said, should I use a different term in place of "edgy", or just make the title about the optimistic lords?

I'd say that Chrom is the most optimistic. He's willing to believe that Robin can just "resist" because reasons. Yeesh. 

Edgy? None really, but I guess Conquest!Corrin. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT I MUST DO!

6 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Well, as you guys said, should I use a different term in place of "edgy", or just make the title about the optimistic lords?

Pessimistic?  That's the natural opposite of optimistic, after all.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Pessimistic?  That's the natural opposite of optimistic, after all.

okay then.

Edit: and I have edited the title. 

Anyways, continue, you all.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Most optimistic is probably Roy. He faces a ton of difficult situations but always keeps a cool head, and doesn't let his experiences in war change his positive view of the world. You could even argue he's too optimistic/naive.

Most pessimistic I would say is Corrin. Always whining about how hard the war is for him and how much invading innocent countries makes him suffer because the people he's oppressing don't understand him.

44 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Most optimistic is probably Roy. He faces a ton of difficult situations but always keeps a cool head, and doesn't let his experiences in war change his positive view of the world. You could even argue he's too optimistic/naive.

I kind of find Roy more calm and collected, but yeah, I guess he's optimistic. As for being naive, I'm not so sure, I never really found him like that. Then again my memory of FE6 might be failing me here. 

Corrin is not pessimistic at all. Quite the opposite. Micaiah is the most the pessimistic one, especially in part 3 where things start to go wrong. But even then, she's the most optimistic of Daein's important people as she keeps insisting there must be another way and the true pessimist of her side is Pelleas where's pretty much given up.

I'd actually say Chrom's pretty pessimistic, at least in the first story arc where he talks about struggling with forgiveness and being death's agent. Naturally this changed as the story went on, but there were still moments of distrust like asking for Plegia's help. If Lucina counted, I would totally say she's the most pessimistic. Alfonse also comes to mind. He refuses to establish relationships with the Heroes out of fear he may be hurt once again. 

For optimism, this recent talk about Eliwood makes me really admire how he sticks to his ideals after such tragedy. But he also has an amazing support group in Lyn and Hector. I want to say Roy is pretty optimistic just based on the odds he has to go up against, but my last playthrough of FE6 was a long time ago with a rather un-stylistic translation. If anything, Roy just seemed to act way too mature, not necessarily positive. 

All lords keep hope dear in their hearts, despite anything which may push them towards total despair.

(Can we have somebody who actually submits to their despair? They can jump out of it later and save the day at the last minute. I'm just asking for one who cuts a deal with the big bad/runs aways from it all/wallows in grief without regard to their true duty, for some time, with some consequences (killing off a nice NPC guy and some allied peons/a village or two will suffice)).

As for most pessimistic, Micaiah is the one who comes closest to absolute despair, though her situation only gets this way because of how RD's plot works out, and not because of anything innate to her. Late Part 3 pits one lord against another, and because IS made it so the two sides had to fight, somebody (at least for some time) had to lose. And in Ike vs. Micaiah, the demands of the plot and realism (1 kingdom vs. ~3) forced Micaiah to be the victim. And the sense one gets is that Ike and the Laguz tore through Daein's army like they were devouring plates of spicy chicken wings in the mess hall.

Lucina is in the gray zone as far as being a lord goes, but if she counts she would probably be considered even closer to despair. Her world was destroyed, unlike the rest of the lords, she knows that it is totally possible for things to end 100% mega super terribly badly. 

It's hard to say who is the most optimistic, but Micaiah is definitely the most pessimistic one. Despite loving the people of Daein, she also fears them, if they discover her secret, she also runs away from Sothe when he started getting older. She can also be rather bitter and resentful.

Celica could count as Pessimistic. She went through a pretty hopeless streak around Chapter 3-4, and beginning parts of Chapter 5. Other than that no one else really counts as pessimistic. To a certain extent they could all count as optimistic to varying degrees. It would take someone being optimistic and having hope to be able to go against what these Lords are fighting half the time. Dragons. Deities. Deity Dragons. I would say you couldnt exactly be a pessimist to lead an army into a tower full of a deity's chosen warriors, which are like taking a army of the most bad ass people, choosing the most bad ass of them, and then having those guys fight to the death and go with who ever wins. And then have to fight said deity herself.

Edited by Tolvir