Clash of Cold Steel (GEF thread)

Corrobin

Jupiter Military Base

A voice echoed throughout the mid-space base, coming over an intercom system.

"Major Leiderkind, Lieutenant Richards, please come to the briefing room. I repeat, Major Leiderkind, Luitenant Richards, please come to the briefing room."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lloyd was in the gym, lifting some weights, when he heard the announcement. He asked his spotter to help him put away the weights, changed back into his uniform, and started heading towards the briefing room. He wondered what this was about. Was he in trouble? Was it an award? A promotion? Just some news about his family? He didn't know.

@Hylian Air Force

Bang. Just after the call over the intercom, Hans fired the last shot in his vintage Gewehr 36, cleared it, then removed his assault vest and put on his hat and jacket. Before he left, he heard the range master clear his throat. "Oh, did I forget about the glasses again?" He removes the protective glasses around his eyes, stuffs the G36 in its case, and walked briskly to the briefing room. "What is it you wanted to see me for, Colonel?"

Colonel Valestein held up a hand. "First, we wait for Lieutenant Richards to arrive." A minute or two after that, Lloyd entered the room.

"I apologize, Colonel. I was in the middle of a workout session, and... you understand." Lloyd scratched the back of his head, sheepishly.

"Now that both of you are here, I'd like to ask both of you something: How would you feel about being removed from your current corps and being moved to a... different one?"

Lloyd paused. He had good friends in his current corp, but he felt almost like he was... being held back in a way. So he said "It... would depend on who was in the other corp and what the jobs in it would involve."

Hans wasn't entirely sure about being part of a new corps, but he was aware that Lloyd Richards was no slouch, and would make a valuable adjutant, even if he himself needed to answer to someone higher up. "I will consider it, but I must know who's going to be in charge. I take orders from you, Colonel Valestein, if only because you're at the bare minimum competent in your role. I will not obey a Neidermayer." 

"It's someone relatively new here. Her name's Colonel Lucia, and she seems like a nice-and competent-lady."

Hans was eager to leave to begin research on his new CO, who he would inevitably become XO to, but then he realized that would've been rude. He also knew that most of the few pilots who scored higher than himself were in fact female, so he knew that he might be dealing with someone even better than him, or at least at his level. "Understood, sir." He looked at Lieutenant Richards, who was thinking to himself. " I know it would be hard for you and the other former cadets to part ways, but this Colonel Lucia, as well as myself, need good officers below us. I would be honored if you join me in this new corps."

Lloyd looked at Hans. "Thank you for understanding, sir. I think I may actually join."

Colenel Valestein nodded and said "Well, that's settled. Both of you are going to the new Dragon Corps under Colonel Lucia. Pack your bags, say goodbye to your friends, and we'll have you and your equipment transferred to their room. We're still looking for new recruits for it, so right now it's just you two and her, but soon it might be the biggest thing there is! Hell if I know!"