Japanese Gameplay of Overclasses

Seems to have been uploaded today. 

I am disappointed the elephant class doesn't have an actual elephant.

Now the Spartan Hoplite on the other hand looks pretty neat with the shield bash.

So basically,

Pegasus overclass is pretty much dark flier 

Male mages become cantors 

Female mages get access to enemy only spells (Mire, etc.)

Animations are also really well done. Outfit wise, I don't really like the Pegasus knight overclass. The rest are fine, though no personalised colour scheme is a bummer.

Don't think it was shown in the video, but Celica's finishing blow is pretty awesome (postgame boss spoilers):

Same with Alm's at 13:27 and Dread Fighter's Overclass's Astral Blow at 17:40.

Edited by MrPerson0

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

OH COME ON. Mages and Celica still only have 4 Mov.

Spartans are still stuck with 4 mov as well.

Meanwhile, cavaliers can now go up to 10 mov. Fair and balanced.

And, judging by Clive's animation, get's effective damage against terrors as well.

EDIT: Must say, I completely love that Sages essentially become Cantors because I've been wanting a class that's something like a Necromancer for a good while since Sacred Stones.

Edited by Folt

Overall, I like them, I'm just not pleased at how all their costumes are the same.

Alm and Celica look really cool. Pretty sure Alm got Bowrange +1 and Celica got Aura, don't know why though.

The Geirolul seems to literally just be more move and just being stronger in general. Spartans seem to have gotten a new skill. Pretty sure it's Big Shield.

The Mach class is pretty much just Dark Flier which is cool. Not a fan of the costume tho.

Morgana seems to have gotten enemy spells (Except Miasma and Medusa). Whereas Titania seems to have gotten a new spell for increasing Res and another one.

Yashka has gotten a new skill, but I don't know what it is (Or I could be wrong but). Also the Elephant class has gotten Bow Range +3 which is insane (Gives Parthia 9 range which Trance Shot WTF!). I'm also probably the only one who is happy it is not an actual elephant.

Solomans are basically Cantors now which is cool.

Also their bases seem crazy.

Edited by Azz

Only classes design wise I like are Solomans, Alm's new class, and the Gold Knight 4th tier. Rest are a little too over the top for me. I think that is my issue with the class DLC as a whole is its just so over the top, gameplay wise and design wise. Its really overpowering for really no reason. Why does the archer need +3 to Bows, while it sounds fun do we really need the ability to summon on all mages considering the way the AI acts? It just seems like too much to me. They arent really useful for the main game unless you do extensive grinding either. Its clearly meant for Chapter 6. Design wise they just..... Dont fit. Celica's class doesnt fit her character at all. It has a very Viking, Valkyrie type of feel to it, which doesnt make sense for Celica. While the cannon is really cool on the archer, it also feels too sci fi high fantasy for me. Its something I would expect out of a game like Final Fantasy or Warcraft, but not Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem has always been that classic fantasy type of game. None of the classes outside of the Gold Knight 4th tier, Alm's 4th tier, and Priestess 3rd tier really fit either. The rest just dont fit in the game lore that well or make any sense. Not that they have too, its clearly meant for fun, but I would at least like for new classes to somewhat fit the series and game a bit. I would of rather have seen some old classes return rather than get these new ones, stuff like Sentinels or Vanguard or something.

Just my opinion on the DLC. I think I will skip this one.

Edited by Tolvir

Titania is the only one that even remotely interest me, but that's mainly because I don't like Saint's design in Echoes at all. But spending money on a pretty video game dress (that I can't even use right away and don't care about its gameplay features) doesn't sound appealing. Yet another skippable DLC for me.

Overall, I think I prefer the classic designs more than the DLC ones. A couple of them look pretty neat (I really like the Faerie's [Cleric's] outfit), but are otherwise a little too over the top and out of place for my liking.

(Archer) - Probably the most outlandish of the DLC classes, but it does look sorta nice.
(Cavalier) - Looks to be the most grounded out of all of them, but I could live without the helm.
(Soldier) - More or less a classic Spartan. Looks awesome and I wouldn't mind messing around with it, but out of place.
(Pegasus Knight) - As far as I am concerned, it is a Dark Flier. I do not mind this development, even though it fits practically no one.
(F!Mage) - A dark female Mage it seems. Probably an excellent fit for Sonya, but seems out of character for the other mages.
(Cleric) - I do like this outfit compared to the Saint's, so chances are I'll be having this on all my Clerics.
(Mercenary) - I think I like this outfit a little more than Dread Fighter, but a part of me misses the classic simplicity of the Mercenary / Myrmidon classes..
(M!Male) - A dark male Mage, and apparently a summoner too.
(Alm) - Looks fairly nice and the animations are cool, but I think I rather stick with normal Alm.
(Celica) - It looks all right design wise, but it does not fit Celica in my opinion.

Edited by Sire

I'm not totally following the design philosophy here.

• "Priestess and Falcon Knight are holy classes, let's give them super strong evil variants."
  • "Let's give Super Barons more flexible armor, but don't you dare give them extra move."
  • "What's the biggest problem with Celica right now? That's right -- she lacks arguably the least useful spell in the game!"
  • "You know, we probably should've put these Saint spells in the base game. Ah well, people will pay five bucks for it!"

At least it's coming out at a relatively reasonable time in the English version.

2 hours ago, Sire said:

(Soldier) - More or less a classic Spartan. Looks awesome and I wouldn't mind messing around with it, but out of place.

SoV has a very Greco-Roman vibe in general, and that's clearly where a lot of the inspiration for a lot of the game came from. How is a hoplite/centurion out of place?

Certainly makes more sense than Hindu Ninjas.

Edited by Slumber

By the way, the King Mummies from the Lords of the Grave DLC map appear to be dead Spartans, if anybody hasn't already noticed.

The sprite for the Spartan is almost a completely mirrored King Mummy sprite.

Well, snap. The Conqueror and Maeve classes respectively have the symbols of Duma's and Mila's faiths on the back side of their capes. Now that is legitimately cool.

8 hours ago, Slumber said:

SoV has a very Greco-Roman vibe in general, and that's clearly where a lot of the inspiration for a lot of the game came from. How is a hoplite/centurion out of place?

Certainly makes more sense than Hindu Ninjas.

Yeah. The background images for the character status screen are in the style of greek pottery, for example. Not to metion things like how all the enemies in the final chapter have greek inspired names.

Just now, sirmola said:

Yeah. The background images for the character status screen are in the style of greek pottery, for example. Not to metion things like how all the enemies in the final chapter have greek inspired names.

There's also the fact that the set-up is hedonism vs. militarism, which are two of the major themes of ancient Rome.

The only thing that really pisses me off is that there is no sort of color variation on these classes. Like... cmon IS?
You can do it for random ass villager fork'd sprites but you can't for the dlc? its a damn shame cuz kliff in that solomon armor with black would look dope as fuck
but nope, everyone looks like a generic palette... ugh so much wasted potential

Yaksha looks gnarly, then again I'm a sucker for any ninja-esque classes and animation.

And what even is that technological bow the elephants have?  Also very disappointed of the lack of a giant tusked mammal..