So after Part 1, is it actually possible to make Micaiah's team any good? All the times I've played I've just kind of left them and made sure they didn't die. Just wondering if any of the units are actually good and if it's worth using them later in the game?

I think the best answer is "Yes, but not all at once". Most members of the Dawn Brigade have the potential to be good or great endgame units, but if you try to keep them at equal level, they'll just all end up heavily underleveled. The best thing to do is picking two, three, maybe four Daeins and try to focus XP on them. The best pick is easily Jill, thanks to flight, great growths and caps, but basically everyone except Fiona (and maybe Meg and Leo) can work just fine if they receive some favouritism.

Edited by ping

20 minutes ago, ping said:

I think the best answer is "Yes, but not all at once". Most members of the Dawn Brigade have the potential to be good or great endgame units, but if you try to keep them at equal level, they'll just all end up heavily underleveled. The best thing to do is picking two, three, maybe four Daeins and try to focus XP on them. The best pick is easily Jill, thanks to flight, great growths and caps, but basically everyone except Fiona (and maybe Meg and Leo) can work just fine if they receive some favouritism.

Oh, okay. So whenever I've played, Mia is always one of my endgame units, but does Edward have the possibility to be as good or better?

2 hours ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Well,most Dawn Brigade Units have above average growths,so if you prefer building a strong unit rather than using a prepromote,so go for it.

So on average do you think these units are as good or better than say Ike's promoted team? I was thinking about playing through and using some different characters for the endgame, but only if it's worth it.

First, double posting is a no unless it's a glitch (there's been a problem with that recently). Although I do understand that you did it probably because you can't add a new quoting to an edit.

The DB crew individually varies vs. the Greil Mercenaries and whatnot. Mia, Edward, and Zihark all end up being pretty similar (and awesome) in the long run. Nolan is faster than Boyd, though not as strong. Leonardo is inferior to Shinon and Rolf, but his personal bow Lughnasdh gives a valuable Speed boost that compensates for one of his weaknesses. Fiona takes an investment the size of China's GDP, but she can compete with Oscar and Titania with it. Jill can outdo Haar at the very end of the game with her speed lead.

Generally, anyone in this game can turn out well. BEXP levelups always rewarding 3 stat ups means if someone caps a stat or two that they generally gain a lot in, you can then use BEXP to get them points in stats they don't generally get much of. 

Some characters need more babying/resources than others, and the DB is particularly needy. But if you want to use them for endgame, just pick 2-4 units you like/that turn out well during Part 1 (you can use more on Easy), and then try to feed them as much experience as you can during Daein's trio of Part 3 chapters (use Beastfoe and Paragon to help). After that, they have two choices for prepping for Part 4 Final- Ike's Team, or Tibarn's and Elincia's. If they're kinda strong, but not quite at the power level you desire, Ike's second Part 4 chapter can be a smorgasbord of experience for them. If they're still on the weaker side though, send them to Tibarn's army and let Izuka spam Laguz reinforcements and feed your DB members them- Beastfoe, Birdfoe (buyable for 1000G in the shop that chapter), Dragonfoe, and Paragon can all help. They should be capable and ready for endgame after this.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First, double posting is a no unless it's a glitch (there's been a problem with that recently.

Ahh, sorry I'm new and I didn't know! Thank you for the info though, much appreciated. 

Jill is like the best unit in the game besides Haar for being in the best class in the game and having amazing caps (even better than Haar). Her start is shaky though. She definitely needs an angelic robe in the beginning and a few strength points to become much better in combat. In part 3 she's one of the best front units of the DB besides Sothe, Volug and Nolan.

Speaking of Nolan he's amazing in the longrun due to his earth affinity and speed. Unlike most other fighters he has an excellent speed growth and can double most things through the entire game. He just needs the levels in part 3 to benefit from it. In the end he'll become a great dodgetank combined with lots of attackpower.

Edward is a good contender for getting the second SS sword. Normally Mia is your first choice as trueblade, but Edward works as well, if you can give him enough levels. In part 3 he often tends to fall behind though.

36 minutes ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

Jill is like the best unit in the game besides Haar for being in the best class in the game and having amazing caps (even better than Haar). Her start is shaky though. She definitely needs an angelic robe in the beginning and a few strength points to become much better in combat. In part 3 she's one of the best front units of the DB besides Sothe, Volug and Nolan.

Speaking of Nolan he's amazing in the longrun due to his earth affinity and speed. Unlike most other fighters he has an excellent speed growth and can double most things through the entire game. He just needs the levels in part 3 to benefit from it. In the end he'll become a great dodgetank combined with lots of attackpower.

I've never really considered using Jill or Nolan, so thanks for this. 

8 hours ago, Natalie said:

So on average do you think these units are as good or better than say Ike's promoted team? I was thinking about playing through and using some different characters for the endgame, but only if it's worth it.

Well,most units can turn out to be better, I recommend training Edward,even though the competition is strong,Laura will definitely be the best bishop in the game if you somehow manage to train her,the same can be,Vika is also an interesting unit,even though she'll come severely weak for part 4! If U arent playing for effectiveness,try using them!

11 hours ago, MediocreLee said:

Aran turns out pretty well too.  Both he and Nephenee are good endgame units, but Aran is slower than Nephenee so he won't double as much as she would.

^ yes! Aran is invaluable regardless, especially given how few soldier-line units you get in the game. (You get Devdan/Danved/whichever fkin one it is too, but I think there's just the three of them in RD? Correct me if I'm wrong on that.) He's always been an endgame unit for me, and even though he's slower than Neph, with a little BEXP right after you get him he gets scary really fast. 

12 hours ago, MediocreLee said:

Aran turns out pretty well too.  Both he and Nephenee are good endgame units, but Aran is slower than Nephenee so he won't double as much as she would.

25 minutes ago, Tibarn's Distracting Lisp said:

^ yes! Aran is invaluable regardless, especially given how few soldier-line units you get in the game. (You get Devdan/Danved/whichever fkin one it is too, but I think there's just the three of them in RD? Correct me if I'm wrong on that.) He's always been an endgame unit for me, and even though he's slower than Neph, with a little BEXP right after you get him he gets scary really fast. 

Thank you guys. Will definitely be using Aran next time round.

Please do, Aran is great and deserves more praise and attention.  Oh, and other have pointed out, Edward does become pretty good (if I remember correctly the one time he didn't screw me over in a playthrough).  Although, I do still prefer Mia or Stefan over him anyway, but to each their own.

27 minutes ago, Tibarn's Distracting Lisp said:

You're correct, there are only 3 soldier/halberdier/sentinels in the game which are as you have probably guessed Aran, Nephenee, and Danved.

10 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Thank you guys. Will definitely be using Aran next time round.

6 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

Please do, Aran is great and deserves more praise and attention.  

Also: he looks like a Hot Topic disaster.

Spoiler

Aran.png

Unbelievable.

Edited by Tibarn's Distracting Lisp
fixing image

7 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

Please do, Aran is great and deserves more praise and attention.  Oh, and other have pointed out, Edward does become pretty good (if I remember correctly the one time he didn't screw me over in a playthrough).  Although, I do still prefer Mia or Stefan over him anyway, but to each their own.

You're correct, there are only 3 soldier/halberdier/sentinels in the game which are as you have probably guessed Aran, Nephenee, and Danved.

8 hours ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Well,most units can turn out to be better, I recommend training Edward,even though the competition is strong,Laura will definitely be the best bishop in the game if you somehow manage to train her,the same can be,Vika is also an interesting unit,even though she'll come severely weak for part 4! If U arent playing for effectiveness,try using them!

I can't believe for almost a decade I've been thinking that the Dawn Brigade were a waste of space. Aran and Edward are my top choices for training, but if I can I'll use Laura too.

I replay the game every so often and I still discover some amazing potential in some units that I didn't really give a second glance at, experimentation with units is also kind of fun too so have at it! =]

35 minutes ago, Tibarn's Distracting Lisp said:

Also: he looks like a Hot Topic disaster.

Reveal hidden contents

Aran.png

Unbelievable.

This made me laugh more than it should've..