How many Free Orbs should there be?

salinea

How many Free Orbs should there be?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How many Free Orbs per week do you feel the game should give the players?

• 5 orbs or less a Week
    • 10 orbs a Week
    • 15 orbs a Week (about 2 daily orbs)
    • 20 orbs a Week (enough to make one full summon once a week)
    • 25 orbs or more a Week
  2. 2. Do you count orbs reward from Quests and Maps are part of the "Free Orbs"?

• Yes
    • Yes for Orbs from Quests but not from Maps
    • Yes for Orbs from Maps but not from Quests
    • Yes, but not all "Free Orbs" should be from maps/quests
    • No
  3. 3. If Daily Orbs aren't ever back, would you still enjoy the game?

• Yes, as long as there are other sources of Free Orbs (maps, quests, arena rewards, etc.)
    • Yes, because I don't mind putting money in the game
    • Yes, for reasons I'll explain in the comments
    • Maybe/Unsure
    • No, for reasons I'll explain in the comments
  4. 4. What do you mind about the delivery of Orbs in the game?

• Too conditionnal from successfully doing things (arena rewards, quests, etc.)
    • There's just too few of them
    • Lack of reliability. Some times you have two daily orbs, some times it's gone, some times it was the daily quests....
    • How expensive packs are when you put money in the game
    • Lack of reliability of the gacha makes any orb not that valuable
    • Timing of banners release makes planning and saving orbs difficult
    • I don't mind anything about the way the game provide orbs
    • Something else I'll add in the comments

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

One orb for lots of hassle is better than no orb at all, though - I mean they could give badges instead :)

Splendid idea!  I happen to be running low on badges.

Screenshot_20170525-084201.jpg

Edited by Sayyyaka

11 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

:)

Daily quests for daily badges like completing the 10th stratum with 3* only units 15 times and getting 1 great badge as reward! Nobody would complain about not having anything to do! Needless to say all units would have to survive!

2 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

They at first gave 3 orbs but now they've been made monthly quests so I guess that's why they dropped to 1 orb.  It sucks.

#TheStarvationIsHereTheStarvationIsNow

Why should I make a makeshift flier team to get one orb anyway?

After all that trouble, I should get 200 orbs if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

Wouldn't it suck if you could trade badges for orbs? That would be terrible. Ahem, I said TERRIBLE! I sure hope IS isn't listening. Because I definitely don't want that to happen.
Does reverse psychology work?

18 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I still wouldn't spend, but that seems fair for those who just want to "dip their toes".

I'm never dipping my toes

Your guinea pig already did that for you. It's fairly safe. Plus, your guinea pig got a Leo out of it, :)

1 orb a day seems fine to me if not a bit generous. But if it just stops and the in-game content stays the same I might quit.
To me, the most fun part of the game is the arena. Being able to play arena using stamina would be my dream and the simple condition of only duels fought via Duel Crests would count in the winning streak and therefore in the rank, would make it viable.
My biggest concern with the game is the lack of things to do. They have been trying to address this issue with the new maps, but once beaten I don't see myself replaying them again simply because there's no reason and also they're expensive. In this case, if there's nothing left to do, there's no reason to keep playing.

Maybe they could implement a drop system that gives us a chance to drop an item after a foe is defeated or map cleared. Something like a treasure box that once opened can give us random prizes like feathers, sp points, orbs or weapons. At least it would give us the incentive to keep using all the stamina points, as it means that with some luck we can accelerate the pace of building/promoting characters.

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Something like a treasure box that once opened can give us random prizes like feathers, sp points, orbs or weapons

I find it surprising that they haven't done something like that for Sacred Seals. The game even has a system of giving you feathers for duplicates but short of them purposely giving you duplicate quests, this shouldn't happen. Maybe they could make deathless 10th sanctum wins have a chance of dropping a chest.

Edited by NekoKnight

I think that it might be nice if you could grind for orbs as well, even if it would take a long time, sort of similar to Hero Merit for feathers. And the more difficult quests should award more orbs. It would also be nice if you could exchange badges for feathers or orbs.

3 hours ago, Astellius said:

I think that it might be nice if you could grind for orbs as well, even if it would take a long time, sort of similar to Hero Merit for feathers. And the more difficult quests should award more orbs. It would also be nice if you could exchange badges for feathers or orbs.

Similarly, Hero Merit should not have limits, or HM between duplicates shouldn't be accumulated. 

Oh, I definitely think more orbs would be better!  25+ per week gets my vote for sure! :P:  

It doesn't really matter to me how they are given to us, since I do all of the quests anyway.  

I guess the daily login bonus of 2 a day was okaaaay, but I would like to see more quests with orb rewards, and preferably some daily quests again too!  I've spent some money on the game myself, but my boyfriend refuses to spend any.  When the orbs and quests dry up, he just loses interest in the game and doesn't play.  Also, I've noticed that I spend more money on the game when they give us more orbs.  Getting a taste of summoning makes me want to summon more!  Haha.  I rarely buy orbs during the droughts.  

This is just my opinion, of course, but I don't really feel like the game has been very generous so far.  2 a day isn't even that much... (I don't really care that other mobile games aren't as generous.  Hearing that just makes me happy I don't play them, ahah.)

Also, I really dig that "orb discount" idea.  That would be awesome!

Overall, I'm having a lot of fun with this game.  I just think it would be even more enjoyable with more orbs and quests! :):  

It would be nice if a player is allowed 1 free pull from a banner of their choice per day; I believe some gacha games as well as games with gacha elements allow for this (I know Runescape's Squeal of Fortune/Treasure Hunter does).

I do recall that Nintendo's not too big of a fan of the gacha model though... Trying to find the source though.

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It would be nice if a player is allowed 1 free pull from a banner of their choice per day; I believe some gacha games as well as games with gacha elements allow for this (I know Runescape's Squeal of Fortune/Treasure Hunter does).

I do recall that Nintendo's not too big of a fan of the gacha model though... Trying to find the source though.

...Is it weird that the first thought that occurred to me was make this pull a lower, if not zero, chance for five stars? No chance of combat-ready units, but perhaps better fodder? I mean, I want to consider Brash Assault for Alfie, but I'm saving orbs for a blue set of pulls in the indiscriminate future. And in the meantime, I'll have no real way to justify pulling green (for Bartre) or red (for Seliph).

8 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I find it surprising that they haven't done something like that for Sacred Seals. The game even has a system of giving you feathers for duplicates but short of them purposely giving you duplicate quests, this shouldn't happen. Maybe they could make deathless 10th sanctum wins have a chance of dropping a chest.

Yeah, but in the case of sacred seals, I think they are trying to make it in a way that almost everyone can get them. I believe that a lot of people just don't have that much time to spend trying to get content that is only obtainable via "luck".
About the 10th stratum, it's just what we need to keep playing the 10th stratum instead of the 9th and 8th to grind SP.

In regard to free orbs.

I think there should be a clear division between: 

an orb that is indeed free - a daily login bonus that I get right away after login in. I just need to collect them.

and

an orb that something needs to be done. If somebody has to do the 10th stratum 15 times (deathless) and gets one orb as reward - that was not a free orb. If something needs to be done than its not free. 

A daily login bonus of 2 orbs should be standard

Back to my days in Tower of Saviors, what they used to do is the following (not sure since I did not touch that game for years):

- One diamond per day (5 diamonds to pull for diamond seal, from gold->platinum->perhaps rainbow best rarity card?)
    - Story divided in chapters and parts, one diamond for clearing the entire chapter.
- Enough friend points for the friend seal (200 minimun daily, +5 or +10 if used a random or a friend as a helper, only up to gold in rare cases)

I would eventually fall into the routine of logging in only for the daily diamond since not having a good team = get stuck in the story

-----------

Here, in Fire Emblem Heroes, I would not mind having this kind of thing since this game makes every unit viable at some level, being able to work around them (of course some units perform better than others)

In TOS there is more diversity and of course more team comps than this game, but overpowered teams from diamond pulls reign supreme that some missions are literally impossible (for example having to one shot a monster who will one shot you right at the next turn, dealing 999999 damage on purpose and damage reduction skills not saving you)
Go full Bad Luck Brian on diamond pulls and you'll probably quit the game in no less than a month.

6 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

...Is it weird that the first thought that occurred to me was make this pull a lower, if not zero, chance for five stars? No chance of combat-ready units, but perhaps better fodder? I mean, I want to consider Brash Assault for Alfie, but I'm saving orbs for a blue set of pulls in the indiscriminate future. And in the meantime, I'll have no real way to justify pulling green (for Bartre) or red (for Seliph).

Not weird but for the Runescape example, the chances for extremely lucky drops don't change, whether or not the player is using free and/or paid chances (granted the Runescape example doesn't really provide increased chances the longer the player goes without a rare drop, has shorter promotion periods when compared to FEH's banner periods, and doesn't provide actual percentages for gacha drop rates and just use vague rarity terms like "common", "uncommon", etc.; it's also a British-made game rather than a Japanese one so it can get away with things Japanese gacha games can't legally get away with like "complete gacha"). Of course, the free chance gets prioritized first.

21 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Your guinea pig already did that for you. It's fairly safe. Plus, your guinea pig got a Leo out of it, :)

Leo is pretty awesome, no dispute about that

But for now I'll keep my free to play status. You never know when you'll dip your toes and then end up in 10 feet of water (AKA spending money like a crazy robot)

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Leo is pretty awesome, no dispute about that

But for now I'll keep my free to play status. You never know when you'll dip your toes and then end up in 10 feet of water (AKA spending money like a crazy robot)

Yeah... A guinea pig might drown in shallow waters...

For me, I wanted to support Nintendo by buying orbs. I planned to buy them monthly, but I didn't end up doing so until Leo's second gauntlet :P 

6 hours ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

In regard to free orbs.

I think there should be a clear division between: 

an orb that is indeed free - a daily login bonus that I get right away after login in. I just need to collect them.

and

an orb that something needs to be done. If somebody has to do the 10th stratum 15 times (deathless) and gets one orb as reward - that was not a free orb. If something needs to be done than its not free. 

A daily login bonus of 2 orbs should be standard

I'm going to civilly disagree.

I was writing under the definition of a 'free orb' as an orb that is not obtained through a purchase with money. 

Going forward with this post, 

• Free Orbs - Orbs that are made available without the need to complete anything, or expend stamina/dueling swords.
  • Earned Orbs - Orbs obtained through quests/arena/story maps/paralogues/etc.
  • Paid Orbs - Orbs obtained by purchasing with a form of monetary unit.

As I was saying, If there was a choice, I would prefer that we had Earned Orbs through daily quests, rather than just receiving Free Orbs on a daily basis. While it's nice to receive Free Orbs, I don't believe it's necessary if we have more ways to obtain Earned Orbs. (I'm all about having things to do)

I think free orbs could be limited to;

Spoiler
  • Game/Console releases (though at 5 Orbs, rather than 2 or 3)
  • Limited time 2 Daily Free Orbs (like we have) - It'd be cool to have for holidays.
  • Nintendo feeling generous
  • Birthdays - If you linked a Nintendo account, Nintendo has your birthday. They could give out 20 orbs to you on your birthday. (if it's ever implemented, make sure everyone who has had a birthday between the release of Heroes and the day it's implemented gets 20 orbs as a belated birthday gift). Maybe even a significantly increased chance for a 5* for the next summon too (or 100% for one five star hero, which ever orb is picked first). 

As for Earned Orbs, currently we have;

Spoiler
  • Monthly Quests 
  • Story Maps
  • Paralogue/Xenologue Maps (+Quests upon release)
  • x3 Orbs once a week in arena
  • Special Maps (like Kozaki's Trial that's currently running), +quests
  • Grand Hero Battle Quests. 
  • 20 Orbs/Month from the Gauntlet
  • Whenever Nintendo does something on their twitter or the official Heroes site we get 5-10 Orbs if we reach their set goal for us.
  • Daily Quests (when we had that for like a month)

I feel like i'm missing a couple things...

I do feel that we need more (daily) quests that involve getting orbs (dueling swords, feathers, stamina potions and light's blessings as well). Mostly easy ones. If I were to make the daily quests... I'd do something like this.

Spoiler
  • Win an Arena Battle on any difficulty, 0/1, 100 Feathers
  • Win Arena Battles on any difficulty, 0/3, 1 Dueling Sword
  • Win Arena Battles on any difficulty, 0/5, 1 Stamina Potion
  • Win an Arena Battle on Intermediate or higher difficulty, 0/1, 250 Feathers
  • Win Arena Battles on Intermediate or higher difficulty, 0/3, 1 Dueling Sword
  • Win Arena Battles on Intermediate or higher difficulty, 0/5, 1 Orb
  • Win an Arena Battle on Advanced, 0/1, 500 feathers
  • Win Arena Battles on Advanced, 0/3, 1 Dueling Sword
  • Win Arena Battles on Advanced, 0/5, 1 Stamina Potion
  • Defeat an enemy, 0/10, 1 Orb 

2 Orbs, 850 feathers, 2 Stamina Potions and 2 Dueling Swords per day sounds great to me. I would've thrown a Light's Blessing out here, but those things should probably be more rare.

That'd be 18 Orbs a week, including arena prizes and the extra orb we get on Sundays.

25 Orbs/week if there was one more daily quest that gave out an orb as a reward. 

Hell, weekly quests would be cool too :D
---
For Paid Orbs, @Ice Dragon's idea with the discount is an amazing idea. I already said something about it earlier in the thread. There's not much else to say here.
---
I also wouldn't mind earning things other than Shards and Badges from the 10th Stratum.
---

Long story short; If Nintendo and Intelligent Systems can improve and implement daily quests as above, or similar to it, I think we'd be fine to forego the 2 Orb/day thing (Nintendo, if you're listening/watching, I'm giving you this one for free). If not, then Nintendo will need the 2 Daily Orbs to keep a good chunk of their player base from walking away. What they'll do is (mostly) out of our control.

I have other ideas (tons) on how to improve the game, but I won't be posting them here unless enough people ask. Otherwise I'd be wasting breath and off-topic.

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:
  • Limited time 2 Daily Free Orbs (like we have) - It'd be cool to have for holidays.
  • Birthdays - If you linked a Nintendo account, Nintendo has your birthday. They could give out 20 orbs to you on your birthday. (if it's ever implemented, make sure everyone who has had a birthday between the release of Heroes and the day it's implemented gets 20 orbs as a belated birthday gift). Maybe even a significantly increased chance for a 5* for the next summon too (or 100% for one five star hero, which ever orb is picked first).

Wow Fypo

I like this idea Looks like the perfect balance of "We're not giving you orbs all the time cause we don't want to spoil you, but we still want to make it somewhat enjoyable"

7 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Reveal hidden contents

2 Orbs, 850 feathers, 2 Stamina Potions and 2 Dueling Swords per day sounds great to me. I would've thrown a Light's Blessing out here, but those things should probably be more rare.

That'd be 18 Orbs a week, including arena prizes and the extra orb we get on Sundays.

25 Orbs/week if there was one more daily quest that gave out an orb as a reward. 

I like these ideas too! Maybe we should all spam this idea in the feedback part of the app!

Not that it would make a difference but its worth a shot

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'm going to civilly disagree.

I was writing under the definition of a 'free orb' as an orb that is not obtained through a purchase with money. 

Going forward with this post, 

• Free Orbs - Orbs that are made available without the need to complete anything, or expend stamina/dueling swords.
  • Earned Orbs - Orbs obtained through quests/arena/story maps/paralogues/etc.
  • Paid Orbs - Orbs obtained by purchasing with a form of monetary unit.

As I was saying, If there was a choice, I would prefer that we had Earned Orbs through daily quests, rather than just receiving Free Orbs on a daily basis. While it's nice to receive Free Orbs, I don't believe it's necessary if we have more ways to obtain Earned Orbs. (I'm all about having things to do)

I think free orbs could be limited to;

Reveal hidden contents

As for Earned Orbs, currently we have;

Reveal hidden contents
  • Monthly Quests 
  • Story Maps
  • Paralogue/Xenologue Maps (+Quests upon release)
  • x3 Orbs once a week in arena
  • Special Maps (like Kozaki's Trial that's currently running), +quests
  • Grand Hero Battle Quests. 
  • 20 Orbs/Month from the Gauntlet
  • Whenever Nintendo does something on their twitter or the official Heroes site we get 5-10 Orbs if we reach their set goal for us.
  • Daily Quests (when we had that for like a month)

I feel like i'm missing a couple things...

I do feel that we need more (daily) quests that involve getting orbs (dueling swords, feathers, stamina potions and light's blessings as well). Mostly easy ones. If I were to make the daily quests... I'd do something like this.

Reveal hidden contents

---
For Paid Orbs, @Ice Dragon's idea with the discount is an amazing idea. I already said something about it earlier in the thread. There's not much else to say here.
---
I also wouldn't mind earning things other than Shards and Badges from the 10th Stratum.
---

Long story short; If Nintendo and Intelligent Systems can improve and implement daily quests as above, or similar to it, I think we'd be fine to forego the 2 Orb/day thing (Nintendo, if you're listening/watching, I'm giving you this one for free). If not, then Nintendo will need the 2 Daily Orbs to keep a good chunk of their player base from walking away. What they'll do is (mostly) out of our control.

I have other ideas (tons) on how to improve the game, but I won't be posting them here unless enough people ask. Otherwise I'd be wasting breath and off-topic.

Of course if we agree on a non purchase basis than every orb non-purchased will be a free orb.

The reason why a see a slight difference is that not all quests might be completed by all people due to limited unit selection or skill or just willingness.

I think nintendo should go for a daily login bonus of two orbs instead of those potions and crests. And provide another 10 orbs obtainable by performing quests. Making a total of 200 each month.

Might sound ridiculous but when you think that most of it will be turned into wrys and bartre not that bad at all ☺

17 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Making a total of 200 each month.

Might sound ridiculous but when you think that most of it will be turned into wrys and bartre not that bad at all

>200 orbs

>Might sound ridiculous

You're a funny guy. I like you ;)

Seriously though, WAY too much. 120 seems more reasonable. Gives you 6 full pulls and a nice chunk if you're pulling specific colors. 120 would include gauntlet orbs, and exclude arena orbs. 

Just now, Arcanite said:

>200 orbs

>Might sound ridiculous

You're a funny guy. I like you ;)

Seriously though, WAY too much. 120 seems more reasonable. Gives you 6 full pulls and a nice chunk if you're pulling specific colors. 120 would include gauntlet orbs, and exclude arena orbs. 

The thing is, I like this game but I also dont like it. Its not really love-hate but something in between.

My point is that summonings are a fun and somewhat exciting part of the game, much too expensive and very often very disappointing.

Generally there is this lack of content. Some people say you have to make your own game inbetween like hero meriting or maxing out heroes or just grinding or all three of them. Might get a little bit boring, even you skip between those game modes.

Contentwise its really not that great - today I got my first narcian. First try on normal I put my lv.20 3*alfonse on the team and accidentally defeated narcian with him. Two quests with one stone.

Next match I put 2*narcian on the team and got 3*narcian. After that I grinded and levelled narcian up to lv. 30  and figured out a way to defeat narcian with narcian. This part, this finding a way to do it, a fast way without maxing him out or making him 4* was the very best part for me.

Honestly those moments have been few and fare. And until next week there wint be any new quests.

Long story short. Saving up orbs might sound as boring as grinding. But it keeps the player invested. It ultimately leads up to something - something that might be fun and rewarding or just a wrysy bartre mash up.

If saving up orbs takes way too long it might get really annoying. Saving up orbs is progressing in the game. Getting two orbs daily is visible and constant progress, sped up by bursts of side quests or arena orbs. Orb droughts accompanied by quest droughts - keep in mind that most quests can be completed within a day or an hour if they dont require grinding or require too much stamina.

In that regard  quest orb droughts make it seem as if nothing is  going on in the game and the people complain.

I know nintendo is in it for the money etc. But still 200 free orbs is actually not that far fetched. Gamers should be more demanding. You have to aim for the imposdible to make the possible happen. - I think nintendo should provide 300 orbs per month.

20 hours ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Of course if we agree on a non purchase basis than every orb non-purchased will be a free orb.

The reason why a see a slight difference is that not all quests might be completed by all people due to limited unit selection or skill or just willingness.

I think nintendo should go for a daily login bonus of two orbs instead of those potions and crests. And provide another 10 orbs obtainable by performing quests. Making a total of 200 each month.

Might sound ridiculous but when you think that most of it will be turned into wrys and bartre not that bad at all ☺

That, my friend, is a lot of orbs....

For me, I think I just need more things to do. No point in getting orbs if you cant do anything with them for 9-10 days.

Wrys and bartre? I have sympathy for you... I've only pulled Wrys once, and Bartre like twice... It's Eliwood for me, I have eight of him.

Like, Nintendo needs to make money. If everyone got crazy amounts of free orbs, they'd lose out on revenue. Whales, Dolphins and Wishiwashis (a.k.a. @Ice Dragon) would likely not spend as much. In turn, they wouldn't put as much extra content in the game, because they wouldn't have that extra surplus in revenue to allocate towards it. Essentially, less revenue = smaller budget = less heroes content.

Don't flame me I'm a business student. >_<

I'm pretty sure that we can find a balance.