Banner Idea: VIllians

Hero_Lucina

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I looked on the first 3 pages and I didn't find it so here's my idea

Focus Units

Arvis (Red Mage, only at 4 & 5 stars)

Nergal (Green Mage, 5 stars only)

Lyon (Blue Mage, 5 stars only)

Ashnard (Axe Unit, Flier) 

Other Units

All units up to that point

Anthony (Blue Lance, 3-5 stars)

Petrine (Blue Lance, 4-5 stars)

So, what do you guys think so far? Should I change things? Is this good enough?

Villains are being saved for GHBs. Which why all of them but Fem!Robin use units who are at least temporarily enemies, if not outright villains the whole game.

I highly doubt there will ever be a villain banner. 

Just now, TheNiddo said:

Villains are being saved for GHBs. Which why all of them but Fem!Robin use units who are at least temporarily enemies, if not outright villains the whole game.

I highly doubt there will ever be a villain banner. 

Yeah, this is just speculation/ an idea though

An all villain banner would be really cool though.  Being able to pull for some villains would be great and not just wait for them to show up in GHB.

If I had to choose some focuses, I'd pick: Nergal, Black Knight, Gharnef, and Lyon.

Although, if they ever decide to put Ashera in, I wonder what they would make her be.

1 hour ago, MediocreLee said:

An all villain banner would be really cool though.  Being able to pull for some villains would be great and not just wait for them to show up in GHB.

If I had to choose some focuses, I'd pick: Nergal, Black Knight, Gharnef, and Lyon.

Although, if they ever decide to put Ashera in, I wonder what they would make her be.

I was thinking about the Black Knight, but I was questioning if he was a villian

1 minute ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I was thinking about the Black Knight, but I was questioning if he was a villian

I think murdering someone's father in front of them just to prove they are better kinda makes them somewhat villainish... 

I feel like villains will be GHB only, but I'd dig a Tellius villain banner with Black Knight (red sword armor), Ashnard (red sword wyvern), Petrine (blue lance horse), and Ashera (blue tome).

@Hero_Lucina Ashnard never used axes, he uses a sword called Gurgurant. :/

And the BK character-wise is more of an anti-hero in RD, but he was enough of an antagonist throughout both games to count.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I feel like villains will be GHB only, but I'd dig a Tellius villain banner with Black Knight (red sword), Ashnard (red sword), Petrine (blue lance), and Ashera (blue tome).

@Hero_Lucina Ashnard never used axes, he uses a sword called Gurgurant. :/

Sorry, I thought he used axes. This is what I get for thinking of this at school, where everything FE is blocked by Wifi. A swordflier would be even better though

Just now, Hero_Lucina said:

Sorry, I thought he used axes. This is what I get for thinking of this at school, where everything FE is blocked by Wifi. A swordflier would be even better though

We have sword fliers in Heroes... Palla and Caeda. Neither are that great though, and we definitely don't have a sword wyvern.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think its a good idea. why waste orbs on GHB units? wouldn't that kill the excitement of GHB in general? the only way I could see it working is if it were for past GHB units. even then, return GHB wouldn't be as fun anymore.

2 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Ashnard (Axe Unit, Flier) 

3 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Yeah. Now I'm trying to think of what skills they'd have

Ashnard uses the sword Gurgurant as his weapon, though his Daein King class does have access to axes if you unlock him for use in the trial maps. They wouldn't pass up giving him Gurgurant, though.

In the original game, Gurgurant had the same additional properties as Ragnell: 1-2 range and negation of critical hits. I could see them either giving Gurgurant innate Distant Counter like Ragnell or relegating it to the Distant Counter Sadface Club with Binding Blade and Eckesachs and give it a different effect.

Ashnard has Renewal and Daunt in the original game. Daunt could probably be translated into Heroes skills as Threaten Atk.

I also agree that it doesn't really make sense to put villains into a banner due to the existence of Grand Hero Battles. It kind of takes the thunder out of that system.

Also, I hope that before Petrine is added, they have a proper method of introducing magic weapons. Flame Lance should preferably be a lance with innate Distant Counter that behaves as a red tome when attacking at a distance (i.e. counts as red in the weapon triangle, targets Res, and is vulnerable to R Tomebreaker).

Ooh, I like that idea! Some of the villains are actually characters I'd love to see developed/included.

Let's see..

Excellus (Red Mage)[4-5*]

Black Knight (Sword Armor, Comes with Legendary weapon Alondite. Built in Svallin's Shield)[5]

Walhart (Axe Cavalry, comes with Legendary Weapon Wolf Berg, comes with distant counter built in)[5*]

Garon (Axe Armor, comes with Legendary weapon Bölverk, comes with built-in Wary Fighter 3)[5*]

Edited by Big Smoke

Can we not make every weapon have built-in Distant Counter?

Wish granted, all ranged weapons now have Close Counter.

GHB or banner, as long as we get those villains.

Lyon would be Red, just like other Dark Magic users.

Yeah been meaning to ask about the non red dark magic users in the OP.

Though I don't really care about Ashnard that much and the mages being that colour while having dark magic themed personals is technically possible I suppose but I don't really see it. (Nergal could use Anima and Lyon has injoke potential since I'm pretty sure he used thunder in the class rolecall) 

Ishtar as blue tome infantry with Mjolnir as her unique weapon.

Julius as red tome infantry with Loptyr as his unique weapon.

Hardin (FE3/FE12 appearance) as a lance armor knight with Gradivus as his unique weapon.

Brunnya as most likely green infantry with Rexcalibur+ as her final default weapon.

Gharnef as red tome infantry with Imhullu as his unique weapon. Red is most likely so that Linde, a blue mage, would have WTA over him.

Selena (FE8) as a red tome cavalier with Bolganone+ as her final default weapon.

24 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Julius as red tome infantry with Loptyr as his unique weapon.

I feel that in this case they should buck the trend of Dark Mages being Red units, and make him Blue instead.  Julius having the upper-hand against Julia would be a little silly lol

Just now, DLNarshen said:

I feel that in this case they should buck the trend of Dark Mages being Red units, and make him Blue instead.  Julius having the upper-hand against Julia would be a little silly lol

Fair point. Perhaps his tome would have Triangle Adept 2 on it.

49 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Brunnya as most likely green infantry with Rexcalibur+ as her final default weapon.

Brunnya uses Fimbulvetr and Bolting, meaning she'll most likely be blue.

17 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

There are simple ways to get around that while leaving Loptous a red tome:

1. Loptous takes effective damage from weapons effective against dragons, or
  2. Loptous reverses the weapon triangle, or
  3. Loptous specifically has weapon triangle disadvantage against Naga.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

It's just that Fimbulvetr feels more like a wind magic tome.

Ice magic is wind, as evidenced by the fact that Blizzard is wind magic, but both Valaskjalf and Ninian are both blue instead of green.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ashnard uses the sword Gurgurant as his weapon, though his Daein King class does have access to axes if you unlock him for use in the trial maps. They wouldn't pass up giving him Gurgurant, though.

His signature weapon is a sword... a unique sword which the player can only use if they unlock him for trial maps. Like Narcian! ... wait a second.

It's kinda silly that we don't yet have a single wyvern unit who uses anything but an axe (and uh, green tome I guess) especially since in the GBA games, they couldn't even use axes at all.

2 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

His signature weapon is a sword... a unique sword which the player can only use if they unlock him for trial maps. Like Narcian! ... wait a second.

It's kinda silly that we don't yet have a single wyvern unit who uses anything but an axe (and uh, green tome I guess) especially since in the GBA games, they couldn't even use axes at all.

Except that Gurgurant is actually a personal weapon whereas Runesword is just a really fancy A-rank sword that isn't obtainable in the main game (just like Fimbulvetr).