Support bonus villagers

I'm at act 4 and I feel some support bonus are very strong. The first example you can actually notice is Faye. Thanks to Alm, 80 hit chance nosferatu plus 15 crit chance is insane. I feel that as extra motive to pick her as Cleric to kill a certain boss *coffcoff*

Go to the main point. This is just a analyze of the best class for villages based of support bonus and for late-game(theory).

Let's start with Tobin because he is fun case. He give 15 hit chance to Kliff and Gray that make them actually a better archer than him. I don't believe his skill growth rate can fight back 15 hit chance plus their skill growth rate. He basically a more support dread fighter.

Returning to the best class for Tobin based of support bonus, Tobin obtain 12 crit from A rank with Gray and 15 dodge from A rank with Kliff. Archer doesn't really benifit from this because they actually need to hit and their damage is not very high. The classes that benifit from this are mercenary and mage. The problem with Mage!Tobin is the low damage. Preact 4 is very good because the insane crit rate bonus and a better base speed than Mage!Kliff but after get outclassed by every other mages. Mercenary get big benefit because first skill of steel sword sunder(+4 might and +30 crit chance). 42 free crit chance(47 with Alm). Plus his good skill and average luck, you easily pass over 50%. You can actually use him to OHKO mage and archer while give bonus hit chance to Gray and Kliff.

The class that most benifit from this bonus are mage and archer. Gray as mage suck because of magic pool but both shine after get the speed ring and I don't believe someone can use better the speed ring than a mage with 85 hit chance sagittae (90 with alm). Kliff is better choice of course. You will not suck before get ring and you also learn aurora. For the archer, as I said previously, both are better than Tobin.

Atlas get dodge so you can pick whatever you feel better.

#clearlydidntforgotanything

33 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Faye actually loses Avoid from being near Alm once they get their A Support, because otherwise her Hit and Crit bonuses are broken.

I feel it already broken. When I don't have enough fire power to kill all the enemy, surprise she can back up as "generic" mage with high crit chance. It basically a healer that can actually kill and also selfhealing.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Faye actually loses Avoid from being near Alm once they get their A Support, because otherwise her Hit and Crit bonuses are broken.

It's funny because the Avoid loss is basically irrelevant, since her hit-rate boost helps her easily recover health with Nosferatu. 

I replaced her Iron Shield with the Magic Ring and whenever she's near Alm, she basically breaks the game, because Nosferatu and Seraphim get a 1-4 range and a power boost from the ring. She cheesed the battle at the Last Bastion so easily. This was on Hard Mode btw.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's funny because the Avoid loss is basically irrelevant, since her hit-rate boost helps her easily recover health with Nosferatu. 

I replaced her Iron Shield with the Magic Ring and whenever she's near Alm, she basically breaks the game, because Nosferatu and Seraphim get a 1-4 range and a power boost from the ring. She cheesed the battle at the Last Bastion so easily. This was on Hard Mode btw.

Magic Ring in general is great. Stuff like Magic Ring Delthea throwing out Auras at 5-range with threat of doubling is crazy. The Avoid loss hurts the other Faye classes a lot, though.

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Magic Ring in general is great. Stuff like Magic Ring Delthea throwing out Auras at 5-range with threat of doubling is crazy. The Avoid loss hurts the other Faye classes a lot, though.

That also why I said that Cleric is the best.

4 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

That also why I said that Cleric is the best.

It's already an established fact that Cleric Faye is her best class. She happens to be quite good in her other options too, though, but they get affected more by the Avoid loss.