Rise of the Deliverance supports not voiced?

So for the Japanese version, we just got the new Rise of the Deliverance pack, and it came with four fully voiced missions and three fully voiced Memory Prisms. However, I just got the Lukas/Python support convo added by the DLC, and it actually wasn't voiced... I'm a bit disappointed.

Hopefully 8-4 will do voice acting for these convos when the DLC hits the west.

Really, Lukas and Python's DLC support conversation isn't voiced? I hope that they'll get that voice lines added in the English version. I suppose that the other DLC support conversations isn't fully voiced either. I hope that they'll might make a new patch in the future to fix the problem.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Oh man, I hope so. Part of the joy of supports is the way they are said. Plus missing out on any of Lukas' voice is a crime v.v

This so much. I actually can't imagine a time when support conversations weren't voiced anymore. I thought my 3DS broke when I couldn't hear Lukas talking.

If Japan didnt' voice them I doubt 8-4 will. It's a shame but that's just how it goes, I guess.

The real shame is this probably means the cipher characters won't get voiced conversations either.

39 minutes ago, r_n said:

If Japan didnt' voice them I doubt 8-4 will. It's a shame but that's just how it goes, I guess.

The real shame is this probably means the cipher characters won't get voiced conversations either.

They voiced all the Memory Prisms, though, strangely. Maybe it the Cipher characters don't come with Prisms, they'll voice their supports?

19 hours ago, r_n said:

They did revealed the Cipher characters have voices in the DLC data and did showed off the Japanese voice actors who voices the 4 of them during at the Cioher stream. All 4 of them have voices.

Also, I kinda wondered if the Cipher characters will get support conversations also since the members of the Deliverance got DLC support conversations added?

Edited by King Marth 64

Maybe there was a bug when you downloaded the DLC and the game was writing the Support Conversations to the Extra Data. Might be best to delete the Extra Data and reload the Deliverance DLCs, then check and see if the voices are there.

2 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Maybe there was a bug when you downloaded the DLC and the game was writing the Support Conversations to the Extra Data. Might be best to delete the Extra Data and reload the Deliverance DLCs, then check and see if the voices are there.

Can I delete specific parts of the DLC? Or does all of it go away, and I have to redownload all the chapters?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Can I delete specific parts of the DLC? Or does all of it go away, and I have to redownload all the chapters?

For the Extra Data, all of it will go away, and you have to go into System Settings to do so. If you want to delete DLC, you can do it through the game itself, then redownload all the DLC right after.

1 minute ago, MrPerson0 said:

For the Extra Data, all of it will go away, and you have to go into System Settings to do so. If you want to delete DLC, you can do it through the game itself, then redownload all the DLC right after.

Guess I'll give the less destructive option a try first, then.

3 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

They did revealed the Cipher characters have voices in the DLC data and did showed off the Japanese voice actors who voices the 4 of them during at the Cioher stream. All 4 of them have voices.

Also, I kinda wondered if the Cipher characters will get support conversations also since the members of the Deliverance got DLC support conversations added?

We know they have supports and base conversations and voice clips.

I was specifically saying they may not have voiced [support] conversations. But since it seems like a bug in this topic's case, I guess they will. A win all around!

Also @SatsumaFSoysoy I believe you can instead download UPDATES to the dlc, but I can't remember how you do it. I just know I've had games that let you redo the specific dlc download. maybe somewhere in the eshop?

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

Also @SatsumaFSoysoy I believe you can instead download UPDATES to the dlc, but I can't remember how you do it. I just know I've had games that let you redo the specific dlc download. maybe somewhere in the eshop?

I didn't download the DLC through eShop, but maybe in the DLC menu.

I actually made an account just so I can comment on this. I witnessed the "no voice" issue as well, but only when I played one of the Wretches and Riches dlc, when I supported Lukas and Python on the map.

Afterwards however, I went to check the support log and when i replayed their support, it played with voices.

I tried their support again on another file but on a normal map battle and the voices were there. So maybe it's just a dlc issue.

For what I heard, there is a glitch that makes new support convos silent if played in DLC maps. Playing them in the Support Log and regular maps should be fine.
Hope they fix it for western release though...

3 hours ago, Reflex said:

It's additional support conversations, like Awakening's beaches DLC or Future Past.

Except those were conversations strictly tied to that place and were related to that more often than not. Lukas talks to Forsyth and Python about stuff like reading and women in a C-A format. Being voiced and all so soon after the release, I wonder if they were written before the game came out, yet relegated to the DLC later.

Just now, Thane said:

Except those were conversations strictly tied to that place and were related to that more often than not. Lukas talks to Forsyth and Python about stuff like reading and women in a C-A format. Being voiced and all so soon after the release, I wonder if they were written before the game came out, yet relegated to the DLC later.

Probably not. If they were made before hand, Clive and Clair would have had too many supports compared to other characters, with 4. Lukas, Forsyth, and Python would also have an abnormally high number, with 3.  I think for sure these we not cut from the game, but planned for DLC from the start.

Edited by Lord Raymond

53 minutes ago, Thane said:

Everything in the DLC is voiced and there's (apparently?) new music. I'd guess the voices for everything in the game was probably done in one go towards the end of development, after the game itself was done and likely when the DLC itself was written.

Not everything has to be a scummy DLC conspiracy!