Memory Prisms, Supports, and Base Convos

Which serve characters and story the most?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which serve characters and story the most?

• Memory Prisms
    • Support conversations
    • Base conversations

I think they all fit together to make something beautiful, honestly. I can't pick one over another. There are some really great Memory Prisms, especially the postgame one. I love Palla's support with Est. Base conversations give insight to all the characters; I like Kliff's convos the most because of how cynical he is.

Then there's Jesse and Silque's Memory Prism (it's Chapter 1, I'm not gonna spoiler that), which serves no purpose because they didn't give them a support conversation for postgame...

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Then there's Jesse and Silque's Memory Prism (it's Chapter 1, I'm not gonna spoiler that), which serves no purpose because they didn't give them a support conversation for postgame...

I think a cool alternative for this would've been having certain character's able to use the "Talk" action with another when Alm and Celica's path crosses. Any interaction between character's from opposite paths would've been great, really.

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I think a cool alternative for this would've been having certain character's able to use the "Talk" action with another when Alm and Celica's path crosses. Any interaction between character's from opposite paths would've been great, really.

Hm, yeah, that could have worked too. They had that in older games like Sacred Stones.

Either Memory Prisms or Base Conversations give the most "overall" look into a character.

Supports tend to be focused on something actively happening in the game, or two characters bonding, rather than a look forward or a deeper look into a character's backstory. Which is fine, that's honestly how it should be. So all three come together to flesh out characters.

I'd say the base conversations are the most limited, since it's just on character talking and not much interaction, plus they're repeated enough to get a bit dull...

I couldn't decide between supports, which flesh out characters, and prisms, which flesh out backstories, but I went more with supports in the end. Might just be bias towards them 'cos I love 'em so much :D

They all did amazing and served great purposes for characters.  My opinions on the three are..

Support conversations: Entertaining and offer an interesting look at relationships between characters.

Memory Prisms: Definitely dive into character backstory in more detail which is great, but limited in the characters that had one.

Base conversations: While it is limited in content, it added that extra bit of flair to each character that I felt was necessary.  It gave them more personality which is what I like to see in characters.