So...Ships, anyone?

Sadly, most characters get unnamed spouses in the end. But I feel like a lot of our known units have some chemistry together, romantic or otherwise. 

To be completely honest, the only canon couple throughout all of SoV I wholly support is Boey and Mae. I was kind of bummed out by it cos it is sort of predictable but.. maybe in the end I'm a sucker for relationships like that. They jest and bicker, but in the end completely respect each other! Sincerely, the best couple in the whole game, in my opinion. 

Alm and Celica..never did it for me. I don't hate them, but whatever connection they were supposed to have aside from fate was never apparent to me. 
I.. like Celica/Saber better. The player gets to see their relationship develop, though I'm sure in canon its only a father/daughter type thing. I'd really love more content of them together, cos they just.. mesh? I guess? I mean, we get to see Saber care for Celica in a way that isn't, "I'm holding onto feelings I had when I was like, 8, so I'm obligated to care and worry for you, Celica!" 

Alongside that, I think Clair/Alm has a lot more flavor to it. Maybe I just like to experience the development of the relationship, instead of taking it in good faith that both parties fully love and respect each other. The thought of Clair getting off her high horse for a bit to learn more about Alm and his childhood, his village, how he grew up.. that really warms my heart. And yes, there's Clair/Gray, but.. I really dislike dynamics like the one they have. The whole "boy chases after girl for an indefinite period of time before she gives in and marries him" isn't my thing. 

I am unsure if there's any canon interaction between the two, but I'd love to see Genny and Est together.. And yes, I know, Est has a supposed boyfriend during the game, but.. C'mon, Genny's sweet soft-spoken personality alongside Est's cheery straightforward self? I'd absolutely love to see how that plays out! As friends, or more. 

Those are just the ones I cared about during the course of the story, but I'm sure there are other really great, not-obvious relationships/friendships I passed over. I'd like to see Conrad with someone, just cos he's so pretty. Somebody really needs to kiss his face. pls. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Est is actually married to Abel, who appears in the Archanea games.

I like Alm/Celica, I just wish we got to see them together more, since they're pretty much separate for most of the game.

I don't know if I have any real pairings, but just not Saber/Genny. It isn't implied and I don't support 19 year age gap, even if it was acceptable back then.

Actually, I thought Faye/Lukas would've been a thing before we found out about what Faye really is.

Edited by KongDude

Oh god not this shit again

I don't see any pairings except the Canon pairings working with the story. The thing I like most about fixed pairings is that they have actual chemistry, and are actually well written unlike the other 3ds games where you can force two characters who have no chemistry into a marriage.

Celica/Saber and Alm/Clair is sin and should be kept off this forum. Stop trying to turn this game into a shipping sim 

Edited by Korath88

Leon with Valbar is the only SoV pairing worth supporting.

I do like Gray/Clair, but only when it involves a headcanon I have that involves Tobin dying, and of course Zeke/Tatiana is sweet too, but I prefer Zeke with Nyna, and Tatiana deserves better than a Char. 

Clive/Mathilda is fine, Boey/Mae doesn't do anything for me, Saber/Genny was okay, until certain lines in the localization made me think that Genny might be Saber's sister (like that's ever stopped FE pairings in the past, but that's neither here nor there), Jesse/Est is fine but I pity Abel too much to fly with that.

As for Alm and Celica, I like them better with Faye and Atlas respectively as opposed to each other.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Celica/Saber and Alm/Clair is sin and should be kept off this forum.

It disappoints me how popular Saber/Celica or Genny on SF. Celica is half his age and Genny is even younger, like why?

It was somewhat understandable back in Gaiden as ages were unknown, but now it's basically just wrong.

I ship Lukas with myself imeanwhat

No but im behind Boey/Mae all the way

Also eitherLukasxPython or PythonxForsyth

And LeonxKamui cuz Leon deserves to find happiness goddamit

Aside from that MathildaxClive is p. Sweet and of course TatianaXZeke is love

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

It disappoints me how popular Saber/Celica or Genny on SF. Celica is half his age and Genny is even younger, like why?

It was somewhat understandable back in Gaiden as ages were unknown, but now it's basically just wrong.

I will never understand people who dislike Alm/Celica

Like, we get a lord couple that has a canonically meaningful, healthy relationship (like Marth/Caeda) and some people want to ship them with others? No, just no.

8 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

certain lines in the localization made me think that Genny might be Saber's sister

I need to know more.

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Genny herself states she likes older men, so eh. Her call.

16 minutes ago, lordcorrin said:

he thought of Clair getting off her high horse for a bit to learn more about Alm and his childhood, his village, how he grew up.. that really warms my heart.

Clair has always been interested in village life, so there's really no "getting off her high horse" involved in it I think.

With the exception of Cantors, I shockingly didn't mind the ship chapters in this.

Alm x Celica reminds me of a parody of an old school Disney movie (I'm talking Walt was still alive) with all the destiny to be together stuff; other than that... meh, they are just there.  

Leon x Valbar 'cause I just feel bad for Leon at this point..

I'm not super into Alm x Celica, solely because it was too obvious.  But I'm not mad at it either.

My out of left field ship though for some reason is Python x Silque...I really don't understand why, but when I saw the two of them standing next to each other in a village, just something triggered in me that thought, "Yeah...I like this for some reason."

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I need to know more.

Saber mentions late in Ch.2 or early Ch.3 or something that he has a younger sister he hasn't seen in forever, she had hair like Celica's and should be around her age. Genny has hair close in color to Celica/Saber and is close to Celica's age so it hit me like a Claud and Sylvia situation. Only problem I can find with it is that Genny was dropped at the priory very early in her life (infancy?), but maybe she had enough hair for young Saber to get a good look at the color? 

I don't know, I could be completely off base with that though, as I haven't read all of Saber's base convos yet so I have no idea if he mentions anything else about her, but it just stuck out to me in that way for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Saber mentions late in Ch.2 or early Ch.3 or something that he has a younger sister he hasn't seen in forever, she had hair like Celica's and should be around her age. Genny has hair close in color to Celica/Saber and is close to Celica's age so it hit me like a Claud and Sylvia situation. Only problem I can find with it is that Genny was dropped at the priory very early in her life (infancy?), but maybe she had enough hair for young Saber to get a good look at the color? 

I don't know, I could be completely off base with that though, as I haven't read all of Saber's base convos yet so I have no idea if he mentions anything else about her, but it just stuck out to me in that way for whatever reason.

Genny was cognitive when her mother abandoned her, since she still remembers her face. So I'd say about 3 years old the youngest. She'd definitely have hair then.

I'm not sure if I remember any mention of a sister in the Japanese script, but it sounds familiar. Hmmm... It could be possible?

That or Saber is her dad from one of the women he made cry, as Jesse mentions.

22 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I really dislike huge age gaps but.. Celica is practically an adult. Not necessarily re: the fact that she's 17, but.. I mean, by endgame she's a goddamn Queen. She is certainly mature enough to make her own informed decisions. I would not be interested in Celica/Saber if Celica, despite being 17, had a personality, like, say.. Est, or even Catria. Celica has proven time and time again to be able to make decisions on her own, and deal with the repercussions of those decisions, I feel. She has a lot of responsibility, and in my opinion that responsibility has just, once again, lead to her being more mature.

Generally though, I really do sincerely dislike underage/legal adult ships. They're really gross and 9 times out of 10 a bad time. 

36 minutes ago, lordcorrin said:

I am unsure if there's any canon interaction between the two, but I'd love to see Genny and Est together.. And yes, I know, Est has a supposed boyfriend during the game, but.. C'mon, Genny's sweet soft-spoken personality alongside Est's cheery straightforward self? I'd absolutely love to see how that plays out! As friends, or more.

As others have mentioned, Est marries Abel. However, at the end of New Mystery of the Emblem, Est...

Spoiler

leaves Abel and completely disappears. Perhaps she leaves to return to Genny's side? Whatever fits your fancy!

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That or Saber is her dad from one of the women he made cry, as Jesse mentions.

Yeah, they definitely have some relation, especially since they, as a couple, have been a fan pairing for years. 

The funny part is, in reference to their relationship in fan's eyes, IntSys has chosen to, apparently, make any hints towards them being connected is through blood-relation.

How rude.

1 hour ago, lordcorrin said:

I really dislike huge age gaps but.. Celica is practically an adult. Not necessarily re: the fact that she's 17, but.. I mean, by endgame she's a goddamn Queen. She is certainly mature enough to make her own informed decisions. I would not be interested in Celica/Saber if Celica, despite being 17, had a personality, like, say.. Est, or even Catria. Celica has proven time and time again to be able to make decisions on her own, and deal with the repercussions of those decisions, I feel. She has a lot of responsibility, and in my opinion that responsibility has just, once again, lead to her being more mature.

Generally though, I really do sincerely dislike underage/legal adult ships. They're really gross and 9 times out of 10 a bad time. 

Mature or not, she's still half his age. We need Chris Hansen on SF.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

The possiblity of this is what makes me question Genny/Saber.

But that same possibility also fuels the ship kinda.

Just now, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Yeah, they definitely have some relation, especially since they, as a couple, have been a fan pairing for years. 

The funny part is, in reference to their relationship in fan's eyes, IntSys has chosen to, apparently, make any hints towards them being connected is through blood-relation.

How rude.

This is the same series that puts incest everywhere (and marketed it too). Who knows.

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Mature or not, she's still half his age

Age in relationships matters a lot less after you become an adult. Celica is far from being a child, and older men/younger women is how a majority of medieval relationships were built, as far as I know. I don't personally ship it, but I certainly don't knock people who do. 

Now if there's anyone who ships, say, Faye/Mycen, well...

1 minute ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Age in relationships matters a lot less after you become an adult. Celica is far from being a child, and older men/younger women is how a majority of medieval relationships were built, as far as I know. I don't personally ship it, but I certainly don't knock people who do. 

Now if there's anyone who ships, say, Faye/Mycen, well...

Spoiler

11Yjav4kTE96mY.webp

If I ever meet somebody who ships that...they're going right on my shit list. 

I ship Slayde x Ground

But in seriousness, I do enjoy the Zeke x Tatiana ship... it's good to see that character get some sort of a joyful moment in his life.

I don't really a lot of the ships tbh. Alm x Celica was, like other people said, just too obvious and kind of thrown in our faces a lot, but I don't ship them with other characters and I don't hate them together. I never liked Zeke x Tatiana and always felt that Camus and Nyna were better together (even though I don't like this pairing either - merely saying that if I had to choose between them, I'd choose the latter).

I did like Berkut x Rinea and Leon x Valbar just because Leon is adorable. When I first read the ending cards for the two, I really thought that Genny and Saber ended up together, although that seems a bit odd to me.

So Saber X Genny is the new Seliph X Julia basically?

to the guy above

Spoiler

It makes it worse that Nyna probably finds out about Tatiana and may or may not kill herself after FE12. Nyna makes me fucking depressed tbh, but also fascinates me and is probably the aspect of the Archanea/Valentia trilogy that catches my attention and my fascination the most. The BS Fire Emblem chapters of FE12 focusing pretty much entirely on camus and Nyna probably helped this opinion sprout

Edit: I just realized Tatiana's sole existence is to basically be a home wrecker, ruin Camus X Nyna, and fulfill the curse. She has literally no other reason to be a character and that fact just dawned on me.

Its absolutely heart wrenching with the implication of what happens after FE12. Zeke X Tatiana is like looking at something you know is going to only end in pain and tears and Camus is probably going to really really regret this after FE12.

And for some reason I am ok with this.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems