So...Ships, anyone?

24 minutes ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

Cause shipping is stupid, its a war strategy game not a dating simulator.

People ship everyone in every game and series and have done so since before video games were even a thing. Trying to shut down a conversation in the most juvenile way possible is not going to change that, and only serves to make you look like a jerk. 

This is a good example of "don't like it, don't read it". I'm not into shipping either, but it's fun to discuss character relations, hypothetical or otherwise. If you find that to be a difficult concept to grasp, why even enter the thread at all?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, blueshell said:

The only one I like are Mathilda/Clive (Which actually felt very unique in its own way) and Zeke/Tatiana.

Alm/Celica felt like the kind of relationship that would crash  as soon they actually talked for a second and realized they are not the same people they were years ago when they meet... for one month. Gray/Clair felt like he just wore the poor girl down.

Really, Raven x Lucius? Raven "Go home, I don't need a wife, I have you"? If Soren or Lucius were girls I'm sure a lot of people would suddenly "see it".

Maybe I would see it. Maybe I should just work on not hating gay ships. But I just can't. Its just something that I can't change, that I can't not hate. It is impossible for me to enjoy it when I accidentally scroll onto some yaoi fanart of Ike and Soren.

16 minutes ago, PolygonsandVideoGames said:

I came to this thread expecting quality ships that are actually compatible. Instead all I get is Alm and Celica bashing and stupid ships like "Alm x Clair" that don't line up well at all.

That's gross :/

You're getting your panties up in a bunch for nothing. People criticizing Alm x Celica doesn't make it less canon. It's like getting mad at people for not liking your favorite ice cream flavor; petty and childish.

If different opinions on totally harmless stuff grosses you out, I question how you can function in your daily life

And I'm saying this as someone who likes Alm X Celica but is able to recognize that in the story, the way the relationship is written is not believable and it honestly disappointed me how badly its handed because I liked the idea of the ship, especially after how Awakening described the relationship. (But eh, I always have fanfiction or headcanons to fix this)

3 minutes ago, Doof said:

You're getting your panties up in a bunch for nothing. People criticizing Alm x Celica doesn't make it less canon. It's like getting mad at people for not liking your favorite ice cream flavor; petty and childish.

If different opinions on totally harmless stuff grosses you out, I question how you can function in your daily life

And I'm saying this as someone who likes Alm X Celica but is able to recognize that in the story, the way the relationship is written is not believable and it honestly disappointed me how badly its handed because I liked the idea of the ship, especially after how Awakening described the relationship. (But eh, I always have fanfiction or headcanons to fix this)

That doesn't make any difference to me. Tastes are purely meant to be subjective to begin with. I don't have to like them honestly.

3 minutes ago, PolygonsandVideoGames said:

That doesn't make any difference to me. Tastes are purely meant to be subjective to begin with. I don't have to like them honestly.

So you acknowledge your post was unnecessary to begin with. Good! I thought this was a lost case!

People getting angry over fanon things that bother no one is always such a downer!

There's the obvious canon couples that I like; Alm/Celica, Mae/Boey, Gray/Clair, Clive/Mathilda, and Zeke/Tatiana.

I'm really into Tobin/Faye. Like. Too much.

Lukas/Silque is also SUPER cute. They're both so respectful and just generally nice people. I would have loved to see interactions between these two.

Forsythe/Python. For sure.

Leon/Valbar is really sad and it's clear that Valbar doesn't have feelings for Leon. So I headcanon that Leon ends up with Kamui.

I also lovelovelove Deen/Sonya. There's just so much backstory between the two of them that we never learn about. And the fact that one of them always dies makes it even more tragic for me.

And then there's Genny/Kilff. It doesn't make any sense at all and it's totally a crack pairing, but I like them together. Perhaps Genny travels with Kilff to Archanea. Or something lmao.

1 minute ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Yeah, lots of 'em. Right at the beginning of Act 2.

In all seriousness, while it's less of a ship than a triangle, I like the idea of Kamui being into Leon who is into Valbar.

I did kinda question why Kamui was so interested in Leon's preferences.

Okay, I've been lurking the SoV forum for a while now and came to pitch in my two cents (along w/ my brother's ships) because hey, it's fun finding people that like the same stuff as you do. I think the canon pairings are okay. They're not my favourites, but they're not bad. I'm pretty into Alm/Celica and Boey/Mae's cute, but tbh, I'm more of a crack shipper. Feel free to throw some flak, lol.

• Rinea x Fernand (though it's more of my brother's thing)
  • Lukas x Python (courtesy of a few fanfics)
  • Est x Genny
  • Tobin x Kliff (brother)
  • Saber x Sonya (= the headcanon that Saber is Genny's dad + Sonya being a sort of mother figure to Genny)
  • Jesse x Silque
  • Deen x Sonya
  • Kamui x Leon

..although the last three aren't too out there.

3 hours ago, rainredux said:

And then there's Genny/Kilff. It doesn't make any sense at all and it's totally a crack pairing, but I like them together. Perhaps Genny travels with Kilff to Archanea. Or something lmao.

This sounds super adorable; sign me aboard!

On 5/25/2017 at 0:35 AM, KongDude said:

Actually, I thought Faye/Lukas would've been a thing before we found out about what Faye really is.

Yooo, I had the exact same though. But, well, we all know how that turned out :/

1 hour ago, Tharjabug said:

If I'm not shipping Python with Forsyth, then i'm shipping Python/Palla. I get the feeling Python is into green people who nag him.

The only problem is that they won't meet for a long time...

7 hours ago, Tharjabug said:

If I'm not shipping Python with Forsyth, then i'm shipping Python/Palla. I get the feeling Python is into green people who nag him.

Lmao! Love it!

23 hours ago, Thane said:

People ship everyone in every game and series and have done so since before video games were even a thing. Trying to shut down a conversation in the most juvenile way possible is not going to change that, and only serves to make you look like a jerk. 

This is a good example of "don't like it, don't read it". I'm not into shipping either, but it's fun to discuss character relations, hypothetical or otherwise. If you find that to be a difficult concept to grasp, why even enter the thread at all?

That could not be less true. I have seen zero ships for Halo besides the obvious Cortana and Chief bs. And just because people do it doesnt mean its any less cringey. And I came to this thread for the same reason you stop and stare at larpers, its just so horrifyingly entertaining. So many weebs have infected this franchise after Awakening and now we have shipping threads? Oh dear God, yes Im going to say something because this is my favorite franchise and this is not how its supposed to be. 

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

20 minutes ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

So many weebs have infected this franchise after Awakening and now we have shipping threads?

Dude, you do realize people have shipped Fire Emblem characters since forever, right? I remember reading about how that was a thing in the West among the few who played Fire Emblem pre Blazing Blade, and people still debate Ike and Soren's relationship. 

You're being ridiculous.

3 hours ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

That could not be less true. I have seen zero ships for Halo besides the obvious Cortana and Chief bs. And just because people do it doesnt mean its any less cringey. And I came to this thread for the same reason you stop and stare at larpers, its just so horrifyingly entertaining. So many weebs have infected this franchise after Awakening and now we have shipping threads? Oh dear God, yes Im going to say something because this is my favorite franchise and this is not how its supposed to be. 

Dude, I don't know any juggalos

But that doesn't mean they don't exist. Object permanence is a thing.

Thane said it himself; shipping has existed WAAAAAAY before Awakening was a thing. If you like a canon relationship, guess what? You're "shipping" it. It's not a weeb thing and it never was and its silly to think that. Do I have to show you how big the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fics and X-Files fics are there? Orrrr... how many people shipped the Powerpuff Girls x their male counterparts? How many Dexter x Mandark/ Mandark x Dee Dee exists? And all of this before anime was a big thing in the Americas? 

Seriously, laughing at other people for their hobbies... or hell, seeking out people practicing their harmless hobbies is so douchey. You're not doing any one any favors or being the savior of your beloved franchise that always had shipping before Awakening by coming in this thread. You're just wasting your, and our, time.

On 5/26/2017 at 10:18 AM, rainredux said:

There's the obvious canon couples that I like; Alm/Celica, Mae/Boey, Gray/Clair, Clive/Mathilda, and Zeke/Tatiana.

I'm really into Tobin/Faye. Like. Too much.

Lukas/Silque is also SUPER cute. They're both so respectful and just generally nice people. I would have loved to see interactions between these two.

Forsythe/Python. For sure.

Leon/Valbar is really sad and it's clear that Valbar doesn't have feelings for Leon. So I headcanon that Leon ends up with Kamui.

I also lovelovelove Deen/Sonya. There's just so much backstory between the two of them that we never learn about. And the fact that one of them always dies makes it even more tragic for me.

OMG I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO SHIPPED DEEN AND SONYA

Other Ships I ship

Alm x Celica

Lukas x myself (to the other 3, how are we gonna work this out?)

Clive x Mathilda

Leon x Valbar

Boey x Mae 

On 5/25/2017 at 1:13 AM, KongDude said:

The possiblity of this is what makes me question Genny/Saber.

Au contraire, it makes the pairing even more feasible in this series.

On 5/25/2017 at 1:15 AM, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Yeah, they definitely have some relation, especially since they, as a couple, have been a fan pairing for years. 

The funny part is, in reference to their relationship in fan's eyes, IntSys has chosen to, apparently, make any hints towards them being connected is through blood-relation.

How rude.

As if making two characters related has stopped shippers before (something, something, kid with an alien watch and his cousin...)

On 5/25/2017 at 1:26 AM, lordcorrin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

11Yjav4kTE96mY.webp

If I ever meet somebody who ships that...they're going right on my shit list. 

Let me keep that in mind; I'm sure there's one cooking up somewhere on the internet. Just the other day I finally found one for Gunther x Lady Corrin; took me longer than I expected quite frankly.

On 5/25/2017 at 3:00 AM, NekoKnight said:

This is Fire Emblem so Clive x Clair and Celica x Conrad are the only legitimate ships.

Characters need to be at least step siblings for me to consider their relationship valid.

A perfectly reasonable stance. It works wonders for the likes of Lucina x Owain, Corrin x any member of the royal family, the 'Resurrection' King and Queen; the list goes on really.

On 5/25/2017 at 10:44 AM, Lord Raymond said:

I just overall hate almost all gay ships, I guess. I mean, 90% of them are made by people who have no idea that two guys can just be friends. I don't see anything romantic between Python and Forsyth. I saw a great, platonic friendship. Sure, Python calls guys studs sometimes, but that just is like calling someone "cool". Plus, Forsyth even ends up marrying a woman in one of his endings, so I don't think he is gay at least. I won't argue that Leon isn't gay though. He totally is. I still don't ship Valbar and Leon, though. To me, its unwarranted love like Faye and Alm.

I'm usually very 'meh' oh ships regardless if they're straight or gay. That said, it is rather...fascinating, to watch how fetishistic a slash pairing is treated especially if the author is any brand of 'snowflake-kin/sexual'.

7 hours ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

You've not been looking recently then; Palmer x Sangheli poet, Cortana x 343 Guilty Spark, Cortana x Roland, Cortana x Gravemind (exactly what you think it is), Anders x Forge, John x Linda/Kelly, Avery x Miranda. And that's avoiding wierd/crossover ships like Arbiter x Sakura (yes, from Naruto). But it's funny that you seem to think that Fire Emblem hasn't had shipping wars pre-Revival; I thin the first time I heard of Lyndis was in a debate of if she picked Hector or Eliwood...

You know I can't help but feel like a lot of the back-and-forths in this topic are resolved if you consider Alm and Celica inviting any of their friends and their partners to their chambers for 'diplomatic' negotiations. I mean, if people can construe a night of drinking and reminiscing to be code for gay sex, surely we can stretch our horizons a little further, hm?

OH when I first saw the thread title a few days ago, I thought the topic was about literal ships, as in the boats from the pirate raids in Act 2. lol I guess I'm pretty dumb!

But now that I actually know what this thread is about... there are a few pairings I've been thinking about.

Alm x Faye - I've always wished that the girl with the crush could get the guy. With Catria in Shadow Dragon and Cordelia in Awakening, it bothered me that I couldn't have them support with Marth or Chrom. I just thought it was weird, y'know?

Lukas x Faye - This one is more of just a random pairing. I saw the two, and I thought they would like cute together. Not entirely sure about how their personalities would mix together, but it would be interesting at the least. Lukas is super grounded and kind, maybe he'd be able to get Faye to stop obsessing over Alm?

Valbar x Leon - I know, I know Valbar had a wife. I know Valbar wouldn't be into Leon in a romantic way. But still, I thought Leon's crush on Valbar was super cute, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing them have an ending together. Not romantically, of course (though I wouldn't mind that either), but like as friends, or roommates or whatever.

Honestly I don't really ship Alm x Celica and Mae x Boey all that much. They're ehh pairings for me. The other pairings that are actually in the game (Tatiana x Zeke, Clive x Mathilda) are nice, but not super exciting for me.

And lastly...

Lukas x Forsyth or Lukas x Python or Forsyth x Python or Saber x Jesse - Now, uh, I... it's probably just my inner-Nina creeping in...

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Lukas x Forsyth or Lukas x Python or Forsyth x Python or Saber x Jesse - Now, uh, I... it's probably just my inner-Nina creeping in...

I mean, Saber's ending only changes if Jesse is alive or dead, so!

18 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I mean, Saber's ending only changes if Jesse is alive or dead, so!

Dang, I'd feel jealous on from that pairing... both of them are hot.

Curiously, even though I love the idea of ForsythxPython, shipping it in canon makes me sad because Forsyth DOES get a wife... and that means either Python never getting with him or Python and Forsyth breaking up and then Forsyth ending up marrying someone... and I love angst as much as the next guy but even I have my limits :(

1 hour ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Lukas x myself (to the other 3, how are we gonna work this out?)

This looks like it's going to turn into one of those King Solomon situations xD 

I'm sure we can work in a rota. So long as the number remains below seven, there's at least a day each xD