So...Ships, anyone?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ship Faye/Alm and Leon/Valbar because they are unrequited. Too bad they don't have enough angst for my rather masochistic heart; I perhaps too much enjoy fictional relationships in which one (or both) person's feelings are unrequited. As for Saber/Celica, I also ship them as it falls into a realm of unrequited romance in my head. You know, 'cause the whole age gap thing most of society frowns upon.

Other than that, I don't particularly mind Mae/Boey or Grey/Clair.

I sort of want to ship Palla with someone. Doesn't she, like, have feelings for Abel or something?

2 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I sort of want to ship Palla with someone. Doesn't she, like, have feelings for Abel or something?

All of the pegasus sisters wanna bone somebody, or are (if we're talking about Est).  Palla does have feelings for Abel, which makes me sad because it is unrequited and Palla deserves someone awesome!  I found her little girl talk with Celica about boys kinda adorable too.

We also have Catria who has feelings for Marth, but we know where that guy is looking.

thenwehaveEstwho'skindaactuallybadtowardsAbel

Another ship that's actually canon that I like is Grey x Clair.  I'm down with it, it's not the best written one, but I can deal.  I also ship Genny with mystery husband because it makes Genny sound super shady.

I'm personally not a fan of Leon/Valbar, because they canonically resolve it. Leon understands and accepts that its unrequited and respects Valbar's boundaries/wishes. I'd like to imagine he moves on and finds himself a nice husband post-game. I would say Python, but I'm all for either Lukas/Python or whats-his-face/Python. His name is sincerely slipping me. The green one.

1 minute ago, lordcorrin said:

I'm personally not a fan of Leon/Valbar, because they canonically resolve it. Leon understands and accepts that its unrequited and respects Valbar's boundaries/wishes. I'd like to imagine he moves on and finds himself a nice husband post-game. I would say Python, but I'm all for either Lukas/Python or whats-his-face/Python. His name is sincerely slipping me. The green one.

He's quite a Forscyth to be reckoned with, that one

Honestly the fact that Python called not one guy but two a "stud" makes me so happy because it gives me material to work with also i love the whole childhood friends into lovers thing so PythonxForsyth is good

14 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

He's quite a Forscyth to be reckoned with, that one

Ah, yes, Forscyth. The green one. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Doof said:

Honestly the fact that Python called not one guy but two a "stud" makes me so happy because it gives me material to work with also i love the whole childhood friends into lovers thing so PythonxForsyth is good

tbh when Python called Lukas a stud I was so caught off guard..If I had been drinking water, I would've spit it out, lol. Python is.. gay. like, probably. most certainly. boy didnt even marry... 

Spoiler
  • (If Forsyth lives)

"While the One Kingdom offered him a knighthood, Python chose a quieter life as head of a frontier militia that defended villages and towns from brigands. His old friend would visit now and then, often with a bottle the two would use to while the night away."

• (If Forsyth dies)

"Python accepted a knighthood from the One Kingdom, growing into a new man who worked diligently—almost as if possessed by Forsyth. Sadly, he died a few short years later while fighting to suppress a rebellion, his wounds claiming him while he was far too young."

There's probably a double-meaning joke in Japan or something about archers because so far 2 out of 3 male characters that can be gay are archers

Not that it bothers me, mind you. I welcome my fellow gays into my arms.

If Python is gay, I'd be cool with it.  However, I got more of that jokester frat guy vibe from him when he called Lukas and Alm a stud (still literally my favorite line in SoV).  He's not a serious character, so I don't take anything he says seriously.. xP

9 minutes ago, Doof said:

There's probably a double-meaning joke in Japan or something about archers because so far 2 out of 3 male characters that can be gay are archers

4 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

If Python is gay, I'd be cool with it.  However, I got more of that jokester frat guy vibe from him when he called Lukas and Alm a stud (still literally my favorite line in SoV).  He's not a serious character, so I don't take anything he says seriously.. xP

Well, the "stud" thing is a localization addition.

This is Fire Emblem so Clive x Clair and Celica x Conrad are the only legitimate ships.

Characters need to be at least step siblings for me to consider their relationship valid.

Honestly, I feel like vomiting anytime I hear someone wanting to ship Saber with either Celica or Genny.

Sorry but a man of his age (34) with girls less than 20 years old is borderline pedo in my opinion. 

Edit: And those of two who think Forsythe and Python are gay really need your eyes checked. That's crazy talk.

Edited by Sentinel07

Well, my acutal avatar pic indicates that im a sucker fot Gray X Clair , Faye x Silque is  other one i really like. As for Alm x Celica i ended up disliking those 2 as a couple , they are too much "destined to be together" that become to me as a perfectly boring ship. It would be interesting to se them having more options like Eiwood and Hector even without making them the ultimate canon option for each other.

Edited by pinguyFrank

6 minutes ago, pinguyFrank said:

As for Alm x Celica i ended up disliking those 2 as a couple , they are too much "destined to be together" that become to me as a perfectly boring ship. It would be interesting to se them having more options like Eiwood and Hector even without making them the ultimate canon option for each other.

You perfectly explained why I'm not super into Alm x Celica.  We've all seen that star-crossed, destined lovers things too much in the media.  Even when Gaiden was released years ago it was an overdone concept.

But Saber's from Rigel, so the reason he hasn't seen his sister in forever would likely be because he hasn't been to Rigel in forever

Also Saber and Celica are both redheads, so his sister is probably also a redhead while Genny is a strawberry blonde

Anyway ValbarxLeon all the way

(Ad GennyxSonya >.> <.<)

Shipping isn't always sensible or accurate to canon. If all we're shipping here is canon ships, this may as well become a topic of "huh, so alm x celica, huh? neat. cool. thread ends"

Besides, in my case, I'm well aware that my ships are not canon. It's all in good fun. Plus, unlike Saber x Celica/Genny, there's nothing inherently wrong with fanon shipping any of the guys with any other guy so long as the age gap/blood relations aren't a thing.

14 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Edit: And those of two who think Forsythe and Python are gay really need your eyes checked. That's crazy talk.

I'm pretty sure Forsyth isn't, as he has a married ending, but Python doesn't. I don't really believe it either, but it's all in fun, and its not crazy at all. Won't speak for anyone else but I know its not canon, its just me having fun. (plus ForsythxPython is waaay more interesting than dumb "i marry a generic unnamed girl" ending but thats just me)

46 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, the "stud" thing is a localization addition.

I can't believe I'm being shipblocked by 8-4 of all things. They were supposed to be the more faithful guys to the original script and they are all lying to me!

1 minute ago, Doof said:

I can't believe I'm being shipblocked by 8-4 of all things. They were supposed to be the more faithful guys to the original script and they are all lying to me!

It's okay, 8-4 can ruin your chinese cartoon vidya, but they can never corrupt your heart.

27 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Honestly, I feel like vomiting anytime I hear someone wanting to ship Saber with either Celica or Genny.

Sorry but a man of his age (34) with girls less than 20 years old is borderline pedo in my opinion. 

Shipping is all fun, man. Please feel free to point me in the direction of Python's girlfriend and/or wife, though.

dont like dont read xd

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's okay, 8-4 can ruin your chinese cartoon vidya, but they can never corrupt your heart.

It's not really ruined, it just makes things more difficult! But I will prevail!

In any case, back to more canon-y things, Clive and Mathilda are goals and I also ship Leon x A Reciprocated Relationship

I love shipping people, though I don't get many shipping vibes from FE away from the canon couples... mostly...

I love Clive x Mathilda. 100% best couple. Their second support where he's like you swing the lance so much better than me after she's tried to be humble... then she just pretty much says yeah, I know xD They're cute without being sickly so. Perfect <3

I definitely ship Jesse x Silque. I wanted them to have a support or something. I loved that little memory prism moment. So adorable :D

Saber x Me. No contest xD

Lukas x Me... Uh... I can have a harem ending if I want!!!

I actually quite liked Lukas and Clair. Just her joy at him coming to rescue her made me ship it. I like knight types and lady types. Gray/Clair and Alm/Clair just didn't do anything for me. Ofc, I was disappointed they only got the one interaction -.-

Haven't reached Zeke yet so not sure about his. I really like him with Nyna.

Palla with Abel. My headcanon is now that she finds Abel after he's been searching for Est and he's in a bad way. She nurses him back to health in one big cliché and they fall in love. Est lives her life out elsewhere and everyone's happy.

Oh yeah, and Leon in a reciprocal relationship. I don't ship him with anyone here, but I like the thought of him finding someone else special to him and living happily. He's too awesome ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

24 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I actually quite liked Lukas and Clair. Just her joy at him coming to rescue her made me ship it. I like knight types and lady types. Gray/Clair and Alm/Clair just didn't do anything for me. Ofc, I was disappointed they only got the one interaction -.-

Palla with Abel. My headcanon is now that she finds Abel after he's been searching for Est and he's in a bad way. She nurses him back to health in one big cliché and they fall in love. Est lives her life out elsewhere and everyone's happy.

Yeeees Lukas and Clair!  Screw my earlier mention of Grey x Clair, Lukas x Clair instead!  I feel like Lukas is just so nice that Clair can just give him that extra push.

And can I adopt this headcanon as well?  I just want mah girl Palla to be happy.

10 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

Yeeees Lukas and Clair!  Screw my earlier mention of Grey x Clair, Lukas x Clair instead!  I feel like Lukas is just so nice that Clair can just give him that extra push.

And can I adopt this headcanon as well?  I just want mah girl Palla to be happy.

Feel free :D Good thing about random ships is sharing them ^.^

Abel is happy. Palla is happy. Est is... doing whatever she wants. Everyone wins :D