Alm's Group or Celica's Group?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Alm's Group or Celica's Group?

• Alm
    • Celica

There may be a topic for this already, but which group did you enjoy most? Whether they have more favorable characters or just being more fun to play, did you like Alm's Group or Celica's?

Barely on Act 4, I personally like playing Celica's more. I also hate desert maps and Boats, but I really like the characters Catria on her side more. Alm's army is full of soldier's who fight for a purpose, while Celica is a group of mercenaries and ex-soldiers who repay her for her aid. Alm's had great characters too, but I like the idea of having more than just an organized army.

This was actually kinda hard; I got invested in both groups. Overall, though, I think using the units on Alm side was more fun overall. The Whitewings on Celica side were super fun, as well as Celica carrying Chapter 2, but the experience was more consistent on Alm side.

Man, I absolutely adore everything about Celica's side. Maybe because of Genny? Treat her right and she can almost carry you..
Maybe it just ended up like that for some reason, but Celica turned out way stronger than Alm. Alm was such... a pussy ass bitch. He died a lot. During endgame, I went out of my way to keep him out of enemy range so I'd never have to redo maps ~_~. I actually found myself quite disappointed whenever I'd get locked to Alm's party, haha. There are some real gems on his side, though. My heart goes out to Python..

I gelled more with Celica's crew.  Kamui, Sonya, Palla, Saber, Mae, and Boey (also Celica but that's a given) were all fun to have on the team.

Alm's crew was cool too.  I did like Python, Lukas, and Silque.  But I honestly couldn't wait to hurry up Alm's part of things just to get back to playing with Celica's team.

Just now, KongDude said:

I'll do a bit of Alm and then a bit of Celica's at a time. Never one whole Act without touching the other.

I always do one fight of Alm, then one fight of Celica, barring special circumstances like trying to stop map spawns or story reasons.

I had more fun with Celica's group especially because magic plays more of a role in this game than the others and I just don't care much for Luthier and Delthea (along with a few others) and thus my only mage was Kliff for Alm's group as opposed to with Celica's group I have not only herself but Mae, Boey and Sonya. The only ones who I did not care for in her group were Jesse and Deen (partly due to not being a fan of their designs especially when Deen looks so over the top edgy and how Jesse's personality I didn't like at all) one of which doesn't join me luckily and the other I can thankfully not be forced to recruit but in my run I actually let him die instead so that Kamui can have the cooler ending (who is my favorite mercenary in the game).

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Couldn't decide. It's all about the characters for me and I have characters on both sides I love dearly. The main characters are actually lower down on the list, in the end, not because they're bad, but because the other characters are just so enjoyable :D

Alm's party because more different classes are represented in the beginning (if I exclude the three trainees).

In Celica's army I had to deal with lots of magic users in the beginning. Kinda boring tbh.

Also I prefer the characters's personality in Alm's party a bit more (mainly Clair x Gray).
... On the other hand Celica's group has Saber.

Ugh, this is so hard to decide.

Alm has way more varied units and also his maps are way better. Whereas Celica, IMO, has better characters with more personality. Also, I like how all of Celica's units have more personal reasons for fighting rather than 'Fuck Rigel'.

I think Imma just pass.

Outside Gray, Tobin, Clair, Zeke and Tatiana Celicas group is much more diverse in types of characters that are not knights (definitely not a bad thing) and are very hilarious plus I like her mission which is more unique and in depth than just fighting Rigel.

Of things that left a lasting impression on me? Hm... with Celica, you have...

-Genny being so cute it hurts

-everything about Mae

-Catria and Est being amazing at what they are

-The one possible entrap user, and interesting character, Sonya

-More dread fighters than you'll ever likely need, or ask for

-Excalibur AND seraphim on Celica

Alm gets...

-Alm

-Mathilda the battle goddess (she's like Oboro on a horse)

-Delthina the tactical magic nuke, while being almost as entertaining as Mae

-Faye's cleric spellset likely forcing her into that role forever

-Silque the dreadfighter whisperer

-Clair growing into a competitive falcon knight if your luck is better than mine

-Python's quotes

I'll have to give it to Alm's side for Alm, and his swords, Mathilda being a goddess, and Delthina with a mage's ring blowing things up from 4 squares away, though it is mid-late game. Celica does have the more entertaining characters.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I always do one fight of Alm, then one fight of Celica, barring special circumstances like trying to stop map spawns or story reasons.

This is what I do, really.

But I love how the game (Gaiden in general) gives you freedom.

I gotta pick Celica, just because of Jesse. That guy is absolutely hilarious, and even beats out Gatrie and Sain as my favorite womanizer character. Also, he is absolutely amazing because I lucked out on his growths. Since the end of Act 3, he always double attack, good damage, 100 accuracy, and 60% crit.

Alm's side personally. I felt a little more invested in the characters there with the villagers, Lukas, Mathilda, Forsyth, etc. Lot of characters I loved in Alms side. That and a lot of the chapters have been fun for me.

Celica's side pleasantly surprised me. I thought the majority of her maps were going to be a pain in the ass, but the Desert maps were not that bad at all, and the Swamp maps only lasted 2 maps, and again werent too bad. Character wise I still prefer Alm's side, I feel the characters outside of Alm were a larger part of the story than on Celica's side where half the cast could disappear and it really wouldnt make a difference on her side.

I prefer Celica's side. The maps tend to be more varied in her route. You got a cantor ship, a boat full of mages, Grieth's citadel, assaulting a fort defended by dragons and much more.

Alm has more chapters that are just a big green field with lots of units on them. None of his chapters are as tedius as the desert fortress but few are also as solid as the good ones that Celica's route has.

I also prefer Celica's army over that of Alm. Again because its more varied. With Alm you're either a villager or a knight but Celica has mages, mercenaries, former soldiers and even some tourists from another continent. Its a more colorful crew. 

Gonna have to with Alm on this one. Mostly because Celica's maps after Act 2 start getting increasingly unfun and devolves into a slog, with very few high points. Alm on the other hand, had bland, but rather solid battles,

I prefer Celica, Sword, Black and White Magic.... but my goodness, her maps... Oh Hello desert, I did not missed you guys.at all.
Multitasking is bae.

It's hard to say, but I'll go with Celica, because of overall unit strength.

Mae, Genny, Celica herself, Valbar, Leon, Saber and the Whitewings are way stronger than the best units on Alm's side with the exception of Delthea, who is arguably a better mage than Bae-- I mean Mae. The only units exempt from this are the aforementioned loli and Faye, who is the tankiest Cleric to ever exist, although Genny is pretty much invincible, since she actually manages to hit with Nosferatu all the time.

And Celica is ridiculously pretty. Like, heavens!

Edited by DragonFlames