So I made one of these for Fates awhile back, and absolutely loved the responses I got.  They were all super interesting and creative, so I figured I'd continue with Echoes!  Now I've played Gaiden, so if you want to pitch headcanons from original Gaiden, I'm cool with that too.  Here are a couple of mine to start off.

During the beginning of Celica's route, Saber is the one to mostly protect Genny, and they become close yet unlikely pals.

Celica and Alm name their weapons after each other, but are too embarrassed to show their armies.

Genny eventually sees Sonya as a mother figure (see their supports) and they become almost inseparable.

Those are some basic ones, but I have more I may share later.  Anyone else have any?

Kliff's epilogue sets up for a potential sequel or spin-off, even though I doubt something like that will ever happen. For some reason, I believe his kid is up to no good, and when Alm and Celica pass, he'll cause trouble for their children.

Sonya actually pointed out that she's not old enough to have a child that old when Genny told Sonya she reminds her of her mother.

Headcannons, huh… Well, two rather sad ones: whether you fought Dean or Sonya, the other didn't really die (I wish), and

Sonya's search for a way to undo the witches' brainwashing didn't end up with her becoming one, and it's all just a coincidence that a new witch took Nuibaba's residence. That, or she simply went there for evidence searching.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Aren't Sonya and Genny only like, 10 years apart?

That's why I mentioned her supports.  Genny says Sonya reminds her of her mother, but not because of age.

I have a tragic, gameplay integrated headcanon about Clair, Tobin and Gray

Spoiler

which involves Tobin (head)canonically dying, some sort of distraught over Gray and Clair's growing relationship, mixed with Alm's growing distance to his childhood friends and Kliff's cold attitude towards him, leading Tobin to do a solo-charge on a Rigelian base (like Lawson's or Gazelle's maps, something before Act4, but after Desaix) out of pure anger, dying after the fact in Gray's arms or something. This changes Gray and makes Clair a comforting force for him, which (ironically) leads to their marriage.

As much as I would love to try and pull this off in-game, too many things prevent me from actually doing it. My need to have a full party, and the fact that Tobin can't actually die that early in the story being the biggest factors.

.....I like tragic headcanons...

It might be childish, but about Mila and Duma...

I prefer to completely ignore the part of them being divine dragon. Or rather, do as if it never exister.

Same with what they did with Mila.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm convinced now. Saber is Genny's father. No comment on what could happen afterwards.

Wait, aren't they a popular pairing ? Oh my goodness. :p

3 hours ago, nocturnal YL said:

Sonya actually pointed out that she's not old enough to have a child that old when Genny told Sonya she reminds her of her mother.

Headcannons, huh… Well, two rather sad ones: whether you fought Dean or Sonya, the other didn't really die (I wish), and

Reveal hidden contents

Sonya's search for a way to undo the witches' brainwashing didn't end up with her becoming one, and it's all just a coincidence that a new witch took Nuibaba's residence. That, or she simply went there for evidence searching.

I like this one !

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

They are. But my headcanon doesn't get in the way of that, if they want.

I ship that but also

I think you accidentally changed my mind completely

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Here's a headcanon i thought of literally just now. When Zeke went to Archanea as Sirius, he asked Conrad to give him a mask.

Now I wish they had a cross-route support post-game.

7 hours ago, CWGameplay said:

Genny eventually sees Sonya as a mother figure (see their supports) and they become almost inseparable.

I agree with this.  Sure Sonya's not that much older than Genny during the game, but Sonya has that very mature personality that I could easily see Sonya taking up that motherly mantle towards Genny.

Anyways my headcanons:

Kamui either founded Chon'sin or resided in Chon'sin at some point in his life.  It wouldn't be surprising for him as a wanderer to disappear from Valentia and go to Archanea.

51 minutes ago, Great Dane said:

I have a Archanea related one. Palla/Catria/Est recognize Zeke as Camus in FE2/15, and Sirius as Zeke in FE3/12, they just keep quite out of respect.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Here's a headcanon i thought of literally just now. When Zeke went to Archanea as Sirius, he asked Conrad to give him a mask.

I agree with both of these as well.  When Alm and Celica's parties combine, I was hoping the Whitewings would say something about Zeke, but since he's an amnesiac they didn't just out of politeness.  And now that Conrad exists, I can see Zeke getting a mask from him.

Also...cat fight over Zeke/Sirius/you know who he is with Tatiana and Nyna?

31 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

Kamui either founded Chon'sin or resided in Chon'sin at some point in his life.  It wouldn't be surprising for him as a wanderer to disappear from Valentia and go to Archanea.

Isn't Chon'sin on the continent of Valentia?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Isn't Chon'sin on the continent of Valentia?

Could be, I don't quite remember what the map of Awakening looks like.
...now looking back and reading a bit more, I'm pretty sure Valm/Chon'sin is in Valentia or that Valm is Valentia.  (This is why I should research before posting xP)

I'm surprised this headcanon didn't pop up in fanart as often as I thought it would, but-

Forsyth still has that long fringe he had in Gaiden. He just decided to comb it back this time around so he could see better!

fors.png.54c1aebfe858c58509376588d0839a96.png

Edited by Untold Protagonist

8 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

If alcohol only exist in Valentia to be given as tribute to the mother then that means Mila might have a bit of a drinking problem.

I accept that headcanon

1 hour ago, Untold Protagonist said:

I'm surprised this headcanon didn't pop up in fanart as often as I thought it would, but-

Forsyth still has that long fringe he had in Gaiden. He just decided to comb it back this time around so he could see better!

Aww... Headcanon accepted

Here's a few of mine.

Kamui is an ancestor of either Lon'qu or Say'ri

Lukas realizes later in life that he enjoys puns due to one of his students

Kliff's child gains his magic affinity and trains with Luthier

Faye is really good at drawing others due to her drawing Alm a lot. 

Sonya's teasing others is something she did with Deen. Her way of flirting

On 5/28/2017 at 3:37 PM, Untold Protagonist said:

oh my god did you draw this?? this is so cute i love it

hmmm i don't have a lot of hcs and most of them are pre-game stuff but I like to think that Gray knows how to braid hair bc of his older sisters. When he and Faye were kids he used to braid her hair a lot

also when Python was a kid he had a fear of the dark. He made Forsyth hold his hand when he had to go use the restroom or smth when it required getting up in the middle of the night. eventually he (sorta) got over it.

Edited by Shadowess
my dumb ass just noticed i put 'her' instead of hair

1 hour ago, Shadowess said:

oh my god did you draw this?? this is so cute i love it

hmmm i don't have a lot of hcs and most of them are pre-game stuff but I like to think that Gray knows how to braid her bc of his older sisters. When he and Faye were kids he used to braid her hair a lot

also when Python was a kid he had a fear of the dark. He made Forsyth hold his hand when he had to go use the restroom or smth when it required getting up in the middle of the night. eventually he (sorta) got over it.

OMG that's so cute. May I make a fanfic out of the second one?

My headcanon for how Faye is in Echoes but not Gaiden is that she started out as a huge fan of the old Fire Emblem games in the 'real' world. However, she then got caught up in the events of Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and went into an outrealm gate. This let her go into the world of Echoes, and see all her favourite Gaiden characters in the flesh. The fact she could see all her favourite characters in the flesh, especially best lord Alm, made her fangirl uncontrollably for the whole game.