Ideas for an unified Fire Emblem setting.

False Prophet

Has anyone here ever think of a meta-setting which unifies all of the Fire Emblem games? Like thinking of something new to connect all the background events of the Fire Emblem games?

I'm doing one for my tabletop RPG groups, and here are what I've come up with:

• The Dragons race fought against Fomortiis and won, though his evil essence permatted into them and slowly driving most Dragon mad.

• The Scourging was initiated as the Six Heroes received visions of the Dragons on Elibe went mad.

• As for Telius, the Dragon Race had all been eradicated by Ashunera. However, she too began to have strange ideas about the world went into discord if the "Light" and "Darkness" were still one. Ashunera began to experiment with the idea of seperating the two. Working with two Divine Dragons, Mila and Duma, Ashunera created the continent which Hoshido, Nohr, and Valla were situated. The then-Naga (The first Naga is the old man who gave Anri his sword/gave Baldo his blood. The second Naga is his daughter, and Tiki is his grandaughter) were furious to know what Ashunera had been doing. He exiled Mila and Duma to Valentia. However, Mila/Duma and Ashunera continued their experiment, the former created Sofia/Rigel, the latter by splitting herself into Yune and Ashnera.

• The world behind the Dragon's Gate is a realm isolated from the rest of the Outrealm as a sanctuary for the Dragon race, and therefore time in there runs differently. The result is the children in Fates grew much faster than in any other realms.

So, what do you think of my ideas? And do you have anything else to add?

1 hour ago, False Prophet said:

Has anyone here ever think of a meta-setting which unifies all of the Fire Emblem games? Like thinking of something new to connect all the background events of the Fire Emblem games?

• The Dragons race fought against Fomortiis and won, though his evil essence permatted into them and slowly driving most Dragon mad.

• The Scourging was initiated as the Six Heroes received visions of the Dragons on Elibe went mad.

• As for Telius, the Dragon Race had all been eradicated by Ashunera. However, she too began to have strange ideas about the world went into discord if the "Light" and "Darkness" were still one. Ashunera began to experiment with the idea of seperating the two. Working with two Divine Dragons, Mila and Duma, Ashunera created the continent which Hoshido, Nohr, and Valla were situated. The then-Naga (The first Naga is the old man who gave Anri his sword/gave Baldo his blood. The second Naga is his daughter, and Tiki is his grandaughter) were furious to know what Ashunera had been doing. He exiled Mila and Duma to Valentia. However, Mila/Duma and Ashunera continued their experiment, the former created Sofia/Rigel, the latter by splitting herself into Yune and Ashnera.

• The world behind the Dragon's Gate is a realm isolated from the rest of the Outrealm as a sanctuary for the Dragon race, and therefore time in there runs differently. The result is the children in Fates grew much faster than in any other realms.

I like the idea of Ashunera being the point-of-origin for the rest of the lore, and her actions on ancient Tellius having far-reaching effects across the rest of the sagas. 

With ashunera herself being the one who empowered the dragon "gods" of their respective worlds to safeguard her works and/or execute her vision.

And all the conflicts in their respective realms between dual entities of light and shadow flowing from Ashunera's split into dual entities of Order and Chaos. 

I don't like the idea of Fomortis being elevated to this grandiose central  villain, with far-reaching influence outside the events of the Magvel saga.

He doesn't strike me as a compelling enough figure to warrant such placement. 

Although something I did toy around with a while back, for a unified story of the GBA titles, is that Fomortis was the one responsible for corrupting Nergal. The idea being that Nergal in his quest for power stumbled upon an ancient and forbidden book of Dark Arts, in the library of Arcadia. That book contained knowledge of Magvel's Demon King. Nergal sought to tame this knowledge, but lost himself to it, and became the Demon's unwitting servant. 

Fomortis compelled Nergal to consume the souls of men and dragons and grow his power so that Nergal could become a worthy vessel for his rebirth...that was his original plan, before the corruption of Lyon in the events of FE8. The events of FE8 were the Demon King's back-up plan, after Nergal was slain in the events of FE7.

...thats about the limit of how important I would want  to make Fomortis. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

2 hours ago, False Prophet said:

This sounds pretty solid, though admittedly I haven't really played anything newer than Shadow Dragon so I'm a little behind on the lore. I'm not seeing anything that might explain where Jugdral comes into play, though, so perhaps include that - maybe make it a continent discovered by refugees attempting to escape the carnage of the Scouring/other such events? Don't know much about Jugdral, so not sure if that would explain everything or if ends would still be loose, but yeah, that's something missing.

While we're at it, perhaps start making a history of the other continents leading up to the time of Awakening? I think the major events of Archanea/Ylisse and Valentia/Valm were already covered by the passing mention in Awakening, but we have nothing to go on for the other continents - how did a descendant of Greil's bloodline(I say Greil instead of Ike because everyone freaks out about whether Ike married or not whenever Priam comes up) end up hanging out in the same general area of Valm as Ram Village, for example? And how did the Grimleal end up with a bunch of epic Jugdrali weaponry? Such things really should have been covered in more detail, and I hope IS is working on more Awakening-time-frame games to explain what happened, but in the meantime why not speculate? Probably best to put it in another topic, though. If anyone who reads this does something like that, tag me in it, hey? I want in on that kind of thing but am too lazy to start that kind of topic myself.

Never did thoughts of "how will we interconnect Medeus with Zephiel and Hoshido" enter the minds of the writers of FE1 when they were putting the game together. Neither did Miyamoto ever say to himself "hmmm... will I put this first Legend of Zelda game on the Child, Adult, or Downfall timelines- or will it precede them all?"

Unless the developers wrote out a grand scheme in advance, treat every game as an island. Gaiden was never connected to Walhart or Grima until sometime in 2016 when IS decided it'd be so. If you want to appreciate Gaiden as connected to Walhart, or Archanea as the land where Jugdral's troubles originated, you can do so, I won't stop you, enjoy the games as you will. But don't treat the connection as going back any further than it actually does.

22 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never did thoughts of "how will we interconnect Medeus with Zephiel and Hoshido" enter the minds of the writers of FE1 when they were putting the game together. Neither did Miyamoto ever say to himself "hmmm... will I put this first Legend of Zelda game on the Child, Adult, or Downfall timelines- or will it precede them all?"

Unless the developers wrote out a grand scheme in advance, treat every game as an island. Gaiden was never connected to Walhart or Grima until sometime in 2016 when IS decided it'd be so. If you want to appreciate Gaiden as connected to Walhart, or Archanea as the land where Jugdral's troubles originated, you can do so, I won't stop you, enjoy the games as you will. But don't treat the connection as going back any further than it actually does.

Yeah, my problem is I tend to connect like EVERY video game I've ever played, along with most books I read and movies I watch(Mistborn Avengers vs. the Risen is something I wrote up a long while back just because), so a series like FE just begs me to make all kinds of connections that haven't been officially made. What bugs me about it is when someone tries to say how they personally think things would have played out in such-and-such way and everyone jumps down their throats about shut up that's acknowledging the Spotpass DLC exists so it's not canon or some other such ridiculous crap. Half the point of this entire Written Works section is for people to do that kind of thing without that happening. I would like to thank you, though - you've been amazingly courteous about it compared to some other people on other forums.