Will There Be An Empires?

I know this is jumping the gun (more like ICBM at this point) but do you think they'll do a Fire Emblem Warriors Empires?

FE has a load of continents, each with its own unique geography and set of characters, so there is a lot of potential for an Empires game.

Archanea has pretty small polities, with a huge track of the northern lands being uncivilized wilderness as far as I can tell. Lots of water to traverse to get through the southern, populated half of the world too, so shipbuilding would be pretty important here. Jugdral and Elibe have very distinct countries in terms of geography and culture and are larger and more populated than Archanea. A Manster+Thracia map, Valentia, and Nohr-Hoshido could be more downsized conquests. Tellius has the Laguz Kingdoms, enough said. Ylisse + Valm could be Empires on an enormous logistical scale with two entire continents to conquer.

I was thinking they could give each continent special gimmicks you could turn on or off before you began your conquest.

For instance, Jugdral would feature a marriage mechanic which would let you make political alliances via marriages (just hope the couples have some synergy- otherwise matrimonial disharmony might interfere with you grand plans). Another would be "Generations of Empire" wherein after a certain amount of time has passed, the game jumps ahead like two dozen years with a new generation in charge of your empire (maybe there would be room for two generation skips). Randomized events reshape the geopolitical landscape during the time skip, however, you do get a degree of control over what happens during the timeskip via your actions in the First Generation. Obviously you'll fare better in the 2nd Generation if you build a large empire in the first, but if you're too expansive and don't internally develop your empire well enough or fail at diplomacy, you'll likely lose a good chunk of it. But you don't want to expand too slowly either and risk being a little guy surrounded by bigger players.

For Elibe, I was thinking in reference to the Black Fang, the ability to play not as a country, but as a vigilante group/assassin's guild.

Tellius could have fun in the political realm with Laguz-Beorc relations- you could try to perilously balance them to maximize your potential allies/troops, or you could guarantee support from one of the two races by declaring "bleed the half-breeds/humans!". An "Order and Chaos" mechanic could be more fun. Fighting battles or building lots of arenas and military infrastructure raises Chaos levels and lowers Order levels. While making treaties war, avoiding war, and building civil institutions like temples and universities increases Order and lowers Chaos levels. When Chaos and Order are roughly balanced in a given province (the sum total of the Order and Chaos levels of all the provinces under your control equals your national levels of Order and Chaos, all polities combined equals the world Order and Chaos levels), then things are perfectly normal in that province. If one of Chaos or Order gets too high, then your troops/people may "feel refreshed by the clean, tranquil air" or "feel enlivened by the chaotic charge in the air" and get a boost of some sort. However, the line between getting a boost and getting suffering a penalty- "your troops have grown decadent and neglect their training" or "the people have become fatigued weary due to the influence of war and agricultural productivity has declined", is thin and hence playing with an Order-Chaos imbalance is risky. If things get way too out of balance in the world, then expect "Ashera woke as a result of great chaos and unleashed her judgement, half your population has been been petrified with no hopes of returning to normal" or "Yune cried out for a breath of freedom, her cry drove many berserk and now mutinies and uprisings cover the continent". And with the global Order and Chaos levels, you may have to take into consideration one of the other empires being too peaceful or too chaotic.

To be honest, it's a hella perfect fit, but unless it's in the base game I don't see it happening.

Still waiting on that E3 trailer we know's coming though, who knows, maybe FE Warriors will be absurdly different from what we expect.

3 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

To be honest, it's a hella perfect fit, but unless it's in the base game I don't see it happening.

Still waiting on that E3 trailer we know's coming though, who knows, maybe FE Warriors will be absurdly different from what we expect.

Like how Dragon Quest Heroes had Tower Defense elements? 

I can't really see FE Warriors getting an Empires version, even if it does make tons of sense.  inb4theycallitFEWarriorsConquestEdition

I would love to see it used as a mode of some sort, but probably not an entire game for it.  Never have been a huge fan of the Empires series for DW/SW, the custom character stuff is fun, but that's about it for me.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I doubt we will be seeing an Empires version of Fe Warriors. It makes sense that Koei would be looking very closely to Hyrule Warriors for inspiration so an adventure mode is more likely. 

I still like my own personal idea for Adventure Mode, you'd move your characters around like FE units but when you hit "attack" it does a little battle.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

So I take it Archanea and Ylisse are being treated as separate in this?

Not sure yet considering we don't even know the (barebones) plot.

8 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

So I take it Archanea and Ylisse are being treated as separate in this?

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

I'd say it's rather likely.

13 hours ago, Jedi said:

7 hours ago, Folt said:

I'd say it's rather likely.

I was referring to this hypothetical mode. It's almost guaranteed for everything else.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I was referring to this hypothetical mode. It's almost guaranteed for everything else.

Oh. Well, I dunno, but I'd imagine in the case of an Empires Mode, we'd get an original country split into various factions, so still likely.

That said, I don't think we'll get an Empires Mode.

Sounds really cool, for a 4x style Strategy game. Not sure it fits a Warriors game entirely. At least not the type they are going for. While they have had strategic elements in the past, they are still at the very core a hack and slash button masher type. Not sure there is going to be a ton of complexity to the strategic elements of the game, at least not on that level. That is some Medieval Total War/Crusader Kings level stuff there.

And now I want a 4x Fire Emblem game. Paradox should get on that.

Edited by Tolvir

FE Warriors Empires is something I want more than FE Warriors itself, so I'm not gonna say "no there won't be one", I'll just reluctantly say; "it's not likely." And your summaries were pretty great too, especially Tellius. Now that I look at it, I think scenario each could be (poorly) imitated in the Empires games, to some minimal extent namely in DW4, 7, and 8(8E your couples can have kids, see? Even if the kids are randomly generated and usually are horrendous)

All but the Black Fang scenrio, we don't have a dedicated way to remain a vigilante/ronin/wanderer yet. The closest that came to this was DW6:E where you could remain a wanderer the entire time, but iirc you just get met with a Game Over(iirc) if you aren't part of an army when they conquer the land, and Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legend's Mercenary mode, where you had the choice of joining an clan to conquer the land, or wandering the land collecting legendary swords(and the final battle usually was a massive brawl for the last sword). Close, but no dice.