• Tier 18
    • Tier 19
    • Tier 20

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/06/2017 at 0:32 AM, Hilda said:

I just moved to Tier 19, was in Tier 19 once but droped down to Tier 18. Lets see how it goes this week

Same for me. Hoshido! Nohr! Hoshido! Nohr!

I doubt this surprises y'all too much, but the difference between tiers 16 and 17 is the sharpest incline. I soared through the first tiers, have been able to do deathless runs, but Tier 17 has been my end. It doesn't help that I have NO bonus heroes worth running this season. I think the worst for me is that I don't have Tiki, Ike, Hector, Takumi, Ryoma, Nowi, Azura, Reinhard, Olwen, Linde, Lucina, Camille,  or basically anyone "top shelf" except Tharja and Effie, which, are quite frankly not cutting it at this level when every map here has 2-4 of the ones lifted above.

6 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I think the worst for me is that I don't have Tiki, Ike, Hector, Takumi, Ryoma, Nowi, Azura, Reinhard, Olwen, Linde, Lucina, Camille,  or basically anyone "top shelf" except Tharja and Effie, which, are quite frankly not cutting it at this level when every map here has 2-4 of the ones lifted above.

Team composition, unit build, and understanding the AI matter far more than having such-and-such character on your team.

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

I doubt this surprises y'all too much, but the difference between tiers 16 and 17 is the sharpest incline. I soared through the first tiers, have been able to do deathless runs, but Tier 17 has been my end. It doesn't help that I have NO bonus heroes worth running this season. I think the worst for me is that I don't have Tiki, Ike, Hector, Takumi, Ryoma, Nowi, Azura, Reinhard, Olwen, Linde, Lucina, Camille,  or basically anyone "top shelf" except Tharja and Effie, which, are quite frankly not cutting it at this level when every map here has 2-4 of the ones lifted above.

None of them really is as important as having Barst and Selena

I am finally a First Dragon! Sounds pretty cool. I do not think I can stay in Tier 20 though. I can probably get back in next Arena season once I finish training Camus. I am using Anna right now since she just turned five stars while my Camus is still three stars I think.

Back to 18 after dropping to 17 after a deathless run two weeks ago. Do I have to fuse to get above rank 18? I've had 5-star bonus unit with some SI both last week and this and can't really break 680 per match which does not seem to be good enough to advance. 

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Team composition, unit build, and understanding the AI matter far more than having such-and-such character on your team.

@Ice Dragon I feel like I compose some pretty good teams. What I think gets me in the most trouble is understanding AI...for defense. I have one defensive win ever. Right now I am hurting because I don't have any good bonus characters. My best is...Lissa, which just isn't great for the arena. I wonder if I would be doing better if I had a good Stahl or Shareena at this point. Those are the only three I have this time.

14 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

@Ice Dragon I feel like I compose some pretty good teams. What I think gets me in the most trouble is understanding AI...for defense. I have one defensive win ever. Right now I am hurting because I don't have any good bonus characters. My best is...Lissa, which just isn't great for the arena. I wonder if I would be doing better if I had a good Stahl or Shareena at this point. Those are the only three I have this time.

I wrote this up some time ago that might be helpful:

In addition, I find it helpful to put your best defense team out first, bonus character or not, and try to get at least one defense win regardless of score. Some feathers is better than no feathers. After you've gotten your first defense win, switch your team with one containing a bonus character for the rest of the week.

If you're using a dancer or a lot of assist skills, I'd like to reiterate that it is extremely helpful to run your team on auto battle on a simple map with not much terrain to see what order the AI moves your units and if your units are getting split up by things like Drag Back spam.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wrote this up some time ago that might be helpful:

In addition, I find it helpful to put your best defense team out first, bonus character or not, and try to get at least one defense win regardless of score. Some feathers is better than no feathers. After you've gotten your first defense win, switch your team with one containing a bonus character for the rest of the week.

If you're using a dancer or a lot of assist skills, I'd like to reiterate that it is extremely helpful to run your team on auto battle on a simple map with not much terrain to see what order the AI moves your units and if your units are getting split up by things like Drag Back spam.

Also to add, to register your defense team it needs to have battled at least once (according to description) when you change it.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

Also to add, to register your defense team it needs to have battled at least once (according to description) when you change it.

According to research at reddit, it's actually that you need to run any one map with any team before your defense team updates.

Basically, the game client needs to communicate with the game servers to update your team, and they decided to bundle that in with starting a map instead of immediately upon setting your defense team (because that's a user experience nightmare if you accidentally walked outside of WiFi range or something like that).

Edited by Ice Dragon

Tier 20 currently at 4850 points at sub-1200 rank, all with non-merged units (story + dancer w/galeforce + 2 mages w/aether). I got 4860 two weeks ago and got demoted, but it looks like 4850 seems to be just fine staying in tier 20. Not going to go the extra mile wasting swords to get higher points, and as the population of T20 grows, it should get even easier the following weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh... I am not sure why I am having so much trouble with this week's maps. Wasted quite a few crests too with no good results.

I only do 3 battles a day normally so I am at 12 right now but I have gone up at least one level sometimes 2 each round so I am sure I will be at 13 or higher soon.