I hate it when...

Vorena

I ask a few friends what I want to 3D print for them and 4/5 request adult pleasure toys. Can't people ask for something with more tact such as a figurine, an ornament, some dishware, etc. 

Anyway, what would you 3D print if you had a 3D printer?

I'm not overly concerned with household aesthetics (unless I want to be), so as long as I can make things that aren't just in one bold, bright primary color, some utilitarian furniture items like small tables wouldn't be bad.

An abstract sculpture or two wouldn't be bad either. I'd imagine an artist working with 3D Printers could upload their designs onto the internet for anyone to download (maybe at a price so said artist could make a living).

Hmmm... considering the 3D printers I've seen, it'll be a pretty rough object (unless the printer has a way to smooth out what it's printing).

Probably print off a Porygon at some point if I'm using one of those.

Actually it would be way easier to 3D print a sex toy than a figurine (As in, it'd be way more likely to turn out if you're not using one of those ridiculously expensive printers). Also the actual modelling part of it would be far simpler. Doing a figurine or something like that in Solidworks or some kind of sketchup program sounds like literal hell. You don't have to worry about removing excess plastic, the shape would be easy, color wouldn't be super important, and you wouldn't have resolution issues. Sanitation would be a huge issue though.

Sex toys aren't tactless tbh. I understand that maybe you don't want to print that for someone else because you may not like it yourself, but don't go shaming people on the internet for it.

I want a 3d printer so freakin bad. They sound so fun. 

Other than that, everything I'd say has already been said. If your friends want sex toys, charge them for them instead of giving them away for free and maybe they'll request something else

15 hours ago, sayakrow said:

Goddamn, I wanna print food so I don't need to go outside sometimes.

3d printers that work with edible materials. Why is this not a thing yet?

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

3d printers that work with edible materials. Why is this not a thing yet?

I think they are but it's mostly fondant and whatnot. It's hard to do with like meats/vegetables/breads because of chemical in-homogeneity.

23 minutes ago, Darros said:

I think they are but it's mostly fondant and whatnot. It's hard to do with like meats/vegetables/breads because of chemical in-homogeneity.

I see. Cool.