33 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

One thing about Faye I really like is how she was almost designed to be a hate target, even in her role in the story.

Gaiden is a game about compromise between Mila (Celica) and Duma (Alm) and both sides must be willing to change. Whether it be Alm learning to think before he acts or Celica not being so cowardly, both have to become more like the other to progress the story.

Now, compare this to Faye, who represents stagnation and obsession. She doesn't want to leave her village, she doesn't like making friends with Silque, and she sticks with her first love interest for her whole life, even after she gets rejected. And look at all the hate she got! I think that it was very clever move on the part of Int Sys to portray a character opposite to the 'moral' of the game as so one-note and hatable. When life gives you lemons (in the form of a toxic fanbase) make lemonade, I guess.

Um, did you not read Faye's A-Support with Silque? They become friends in that.

Tobin didn't want to leave the village either. Of course, he did leave after he found out the Deliverence pays well, and that money can help his family.

Anyways, i disagree with what you said here, especially in the last part, since Intelligent Systems stated that Faye was created so that Alm's side could have more females. So no, it wasn't their intention to portray Faye as "opposite to the moral". Faye isn't even relevant to the story, aside from the prolouge and beginning of Act 1.

Faye got hate because people didn't like that her only real trait was her love for Alm. I'm pretty sure IS never intentioanlly writes a playable character to be hated.

With all that said, i think it's time we ended this discussion.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic