[Spoilers] What if...?

I have watched the whole story of Echoes (not having money for a 3DS + the game sucks), and I found myself with this question:

Spoiler

What if Celica was non-existent or died midway in the story, would have Alm ended up like Walhart in Awakening after finishing Duma?

The reason I ask this is because of a particular CGI at the end of Chapter 4. The shadowed face of Alm's angered face with glowing eyes reminds me of the colours also used for showing Rigel at the beginning. #mylifewasalie

As the epilogue implies, Celica is there to help him rule the kingdom, and personal issues he gets after the war.

Edited by MasashiH

4 hours ago, MasashiH said:

I have watched the whole story of Echoes (not having money for a 3DS + the game sucks), and I found myself with this question:

What do you mean the game sucks?

Regarding your question though, it would be an interesting story dynamic to actually have a meaningful death. (If they did it right.)

15 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

What do you mean the game sucks?

Regarding your question though, it would be an interesting story dynamic to actually have a meaningful death. (If they did it right.)

They meant having no game and 3ds is what sucks, not the game itself.

I think it was implied that Walhart is the result of Alm not being Celica, yes. I think there was a FE website tidbit from Virion's POV explaining it (I'll try to find it)

5 minutes ago, kynimdraws said:

They meant having no game and 3ds is what sucks, not the game itself.

I think it was implied that Walhart is the result of Alm not being Celica, yes. I think there was a FE website tidbit from Virion's POV explaining it (I'll try to find it)

i think it was on the japanese website for awakening, there's nothing like that on the US one

it definitely would've made sense there since in the awakening dlc they did something really interesting by making alm seem really aggressive in a way that added to the whole "power vs kindness" theme with mila and duma and zofia and rigel

in echoes that doesn't really apply though since alm's personality is completely different and he's really only doing it because he feels like he has to

5 hours ago, Salamud said:

Alm doesn't act like Walhart even when Celica isn't around.

The thing is that Alm is somewhat fine during the story until he defeats Rudolf and learns of his origin. The feeling of being lied to in addition to the fact that he killed his very own father is devastating. If Celica wasn't there for him, being the sole king of an entire continent would be difficult knowing the things that he went through before.

Celica dying to Falchion and not being saved by Mila could trigger this route.

Edited by MasashiH

Alm would have to find out about it once he got to the temple of Duma, and with anger controlling him he couldn't pull out Falchion(only those using for noble intents, i think). Therefore, duma wins. What would happen if Alm went down.

Edited by BakanGin

23 hours ago, BakanGin said:

Alm would have to find out about it once he got to the temple of Duma, and with anger controlling him he couldn't pull out Falchion(only those using for noble intents, i think). Therefore, duma wins. What would happen if Alm went down.

In that case, Silque would have to seal Duma's power within herself via Nosferatu.

As for my own views on the matter (not in a separate post because double posting rules), it all depends on when Celica dies.

If she dies in act 2:

Spoiler

Alm would never reunite with Celica, so he would continue the war with Ragel. He would beat Rudolph and take over as emperor of Valentia, and use his rule to crush bandits with an iron fist.

This display of power would impress Duma, causing an alliance between Alm and Duma to be forged. This would allow both characters to influence each-other, making Valentia an empire built on strength and order.

Alm, with his wife Faye, would then likely end up trying to take over Archanea (as he is now addicted to power), resulting in an all out war of Alm & Duma vs Marth & Naga (AKA most badass conflict ever) Alm would probably win, as Marth is too busy dealing with Medius 2.0 to focus on the deliverance. This let's Alm's empire grow to two continents. With Faye telling Alm that he's the only thing that matters in the world, he takes continent upon continent, and takes a large amount of wealth for himself and his descendants. With no opposition, his empire achieves world domination and lasts, in theory, forever.

If she dies in act 3-4:

Spoiler

Palla would take over as the leader, as the group continues their rescue of Est. After rescuing Est, the group then reaches Mila's temple as usual, though not having Jedah's schtick with selling Celica's soul. Upon discovering Duma's madness, the three whitewings rush to Archanea to summon Marth (as he has a Falchion and can therefore beat Duma)

Meanwhile, Alm takes over Ragel as usual, but when he encounters Jedah, he is told of Celica's death. In a fit of rage, he slaughters Jedah in the cruellest way possible, just to vent his unadulterated rage. His quest then ends, however, with him bringing peace to Valentia as the new ruler.

Meanwhile, Palla (who has now hired Marth and company) travels to Valentia and slays Duma.

In respect and gratitude, Alm grants Marth a large portion of Valentian land for killing Duma. The kingdoms of Zophia and Ylisse form an alliance that would last forever under Naga's blessing.

Alm eventually settles down and Marries Faye, making a dynasty that would rule the area for a long time since.

Overall a good ending all things considered!

If she dies to Falchion in act 5:

Spoiler

Alm would throw Falchion away and surrender to Duma. He would be depressed to the point of self-harm as he lets Duma take over the whole land. Everyone in Valentia dies as a result of this, and the continent remains a barren wasteland for years.

Marth kills Duma as the God attempts to destroy Archanea. Marth mourns heavily over the loss of Valentia, but this gives him a new lease of determination in his efforts against Medius.

After a century or two, the Archaneans would explore and cultivate the Valentian land, much like how Europeans explored the Americas in our world, creating a new country of Archanean emigrants as the land returns to its former glory.

Edited by The_antithesis

2 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

In that case, Silque would have to seal Duma's power within herself via Nosferatu.

As for my own views on the matter (not in a separate post because double posting rules), it all depends on when Celica dies.

If she dies in act 2:

Reveal hidden contents

Alm would never reunite with Celica, so he would continue the war with Ragel. He would beat Rudolph and take over as emperor of Valentia, and use his rule to crush bandits with an iron fist.

This display of power would impress Duma, causing an alliance between Alm and Duma to be forged. This would allow both characters to influence each-other, making Valentia an empire built on strength and order.

Alm, with his wife Faye, would then likely end up trying to take over Archanea (as he is now addicted to power), resulting in an all out war of Alm & Duma vs Marth & Naga (AKA most badass conflict ever) that Marth would probably win, due to him having a Falchion and Alm not. This would lead to Marth killing Duma and taking Valentia for himself. He then kills Grima and forms a two-continents-big empire built around peace and divine blessing.

If she dies in act 3-4:

Reveal hidden contents

Palla would take over as the leader, as the group continues their search for Est. After rescuing Est, the group then reaches Mila's temple as usual, though not having Jedah's schtick with selling Celica's soul. Upon discovering Duma's madness, the three whitewings rush to Archanea to summon Marth (as he has a Falchion and can therefore beat Duma)

Meanwhile, Alm takes over Ragel as usual, but when he encounters Jedah, he is told of Celica's death. In a fit of rage, he slaughters Jedah in the cruellest way possible, just to vent his unadulterated rage. His quest then ends, however, with him bringing peace to Valentia.

Meanwhile, Palla (who has now hired Marth and company) travel to Valentia and slay Duma.

In respect and gratitude, Alm grants Marth a large portion of Valentian land for killing Duma. The kingdoms of Zophia and Ylisse form an alliance that would last forever under Naga's blessing. Grima gets rekt by Marth in act 6, meaning he never rises to power.

Alm eventually settles down and Marries Faye, making a dynasty that would rule the area for a long time since.

Overall a good ending all things considered!

If she dies to Falchion in act 5:

Reveal hidden contents

Alm would throw Falchion away and surrender to Duma. He would be depressed to the point of self-harm as he lets Duma take over the whole land. Everyone in Valentia dies as a result of this, and the continent remains a barren wasteland for years.

In what seems like a running theme here, Marth kills Duma as Duma attempts to destroy Archanea. Marth mourns heavily over the loss of Valentia, but this gives him a new lease of determination in his efforts against Medius.

After a century or two, the Archaneans, would explore and cultivate the Valentian land, much like how Europeans explored the Americas in our world, creating a new country of Archanean emigrants as the land returns to its former glory.

Just where the hell did you find those nice ideas ?
... Though I don't really like the last one that much, but the other ones are cooL.. and I slighty object at the first one idea of having Alm being corrupted by power... and being crushed by Archy and Marth., kinda of break the deal of having Duma and Alm interact with each other and developing as characters.

20 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Just where the hell did you find those nice ideas ?
... Though I don't really like the last one that much, but the other ones are cooL.. and I slighty object at the first one idea of having Alm being corrupted by power... and being crushed by Archy and Marth., kinda of break the deal of having Duma and Alm interact with each other and developing as characters.

Made 'em up on the spot (which is why only 2 of them are good!)

BTW, I think I'll write a fanfic on the second one.

Edited by The_antithesis