Natalie's Art (New: Sumia)

badatfireemblem

5 hours ago, Natalie said:

Ah, I see. I quite like the anime style, but I've always preferred drawing more semi-realism.

Thank you ^^

mah babies came home~

also sry still can't draw guys

8wRJcs3h.jpg

Very nice.  Yeah, Male Morgan looks a bit girly, but nothing too bad.  I always wondered what those boob antenna things are supposed to be on Dark Flier Morgan.  The lighting in the background is a nice touch.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're seriously cute. The shading in the hair is gorgeous. Excellent work as always.

The one issue that jumps out to me are the armour pieces on the female Morgan. They don't look as though they're wrapping around her arms. The way that male Morgan's arm seems to be going through them doesn't seem right either.

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Very nice.  Yeah, Male Morgan looks a bit girly, but nothing too bad.  I always wondered what those boob antenna things are supposed to be on Dark Flier Morgan.  The lighting in the background is a nice touch.

Thank you~ I was trying out more interesting lighting with this one, so I'm glad you noticed.

15 hours ago, Shuuda said:

They're seriously cute. The shading in the hair is gorgeous. Excellent work as always.

The one issue that jumps out to me are the armour pieces on the female Morgan. They don't look as though they're wrapping around her arms. The way that male Morgan's arm seems to be going through them doesn't seem right either.

Thanks~ 

Yeah, I had some trouble working out how they even physically work and stay in place. I couldn't really get them to curve well either haha. Oh yeah, it does look rather odd the way his arm is placed. I'll go and change that when I have time.

Your coloring is gorgeous. I do notice you have a problem with same face syndrome though. All your characters have the same eyes and face shape. The only change I notice is the eyebrows and hair. I'd love to see some variety in the face department but I will repeat you have talent with shading and light.

• badatfireemblem changed the title to Natalie's Art (New: Bunny Lucina (also last piece for awhile!))
On 21/03/2018 at 4:15 AM, Ronnie said:

Your coloring is gorgeous. I do notice you have a problem with same face syndrome though. All your characters have the same eyes and face shape. The only change I notice is the eyebrows and hair. I'd love to see some variety in the face department but I will repeat you have talent with shading and light.

Thank you for the feedback. I do try and make an effort to change the faces depending on the character, but it may be a little subtle. I generally prefer doing portrait style pieces rather than showing great emotions or action, so maybe that's why. I ought to branch out into that too, of course.

So I'm having a late notice eye operation tomorrow afternoon with a 4 week recovery period. ;_; I'm not sure when I'll get to draw next so I scraped together this sketch tonight.

I was planning Bunny Catria too with full colour but... oh well. Bunny Lucina is a character I've wanted in Heroes since she first arrived and I never got her. I also quite like doing these quick one layer and colour sketches. It's pretty satisfying~

EjsCernh.jpg

7 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Thank you for the feedback. I do try and make an effort to change the faces depending on the character, but it may be a little subtle. I generally prefer doing portrait style pieces rather than showing great emotions or action, so maybe that's why. I ought to branch out into that too, of course.

So I'm having a late notice eye operation tomorrow afternoon with a 4 week recovery period. ;_; I'm not sure when I'll get to draw next so I scraped together this sketch tonight.

I was planning Bunny Catria too with full colour but... oh well. Bunny Lucina is a character I've wanted in Heroes since she first arrived and I never got her. I also quite like doing these quick one layer and colour sketches. It's pretty satisfying~

EjsCernh.jpg

Nice piece, but what's this about eye surgery?

13 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Nice piece, but what's this about eye surgery?

Thanks Rezzy~

I'm having an op today because my left eye is completely screwed. Unfortunately it'll be very light sensitive and uncomfortable for some time, so no drawing for awhile.

So I've been trying to adjust after my op because my sight is kind of different now. This is the first piece that's actually come out looking okay.

I also tried backgrounds kill me

N2Z644lh.jpg

Edited by Natalie

3 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

She's beautiful, Natalie. Glad to see you're getting back to normal with your eyesight.

Aww thanks Sully. This took so long though aha but I'm pretty pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello~ I just opened commissions and already there's only one slot left. You can DM me if you're interested and I'll give you my email and info about them~

Edited by Natalie

On 29/04/2018 at 7:40 PM, Rezzy said:

Ah, what sort of commissions did you get?  Has your eye returned to normal?

Yeah my eye is all healed up nicely! Still pretty light sensitive so I have to wear sunglasses a lot outside haha. 
Someone in a discord server I'm in suggested opening comms because they liked my work. Mainly I've been doing sketches for commissions, but I also accept full coloured pieces too. 

Here's a Laslow sketch commission I'm allowed to post~

0D1BJSxl.jpg

• badatfireemblem changed the title to Natalie's Art (New: Reimu (Touhou))

Today is my 1 year anniversary on SF yay~

I'd like to thank @Septimius Severus, @DefaultBeep, @DodgeDusk, @Rex Glacies and @Anime27Arts (for like 3 seconds aha) for joining me on stream last night colouring this piece~

As well as those mentioned, I'd also like to take this chance to say thank you to everyone who helped me come out of my shell in the community and those who helped me improve with my art. Other notable mentions go to @Rezzy, @Arcanite and @Shuuda. I've improved so much thanks to your advice and support on my art thread.

okay time for me to stop being gushy

Phina's colour palette is kind of odd but I did my best. I'm trying to be more bold with colours but trying not to overdo it at the same time...

E2ET1v3l.jpg

29 minutes ago, Natalie said:

I'd like to thank @Septimius Severus, @DefaultBeep, @DodgeDusk, @Rex Glacies and @Anime27Arts (for like 3 seconds aha) for joining me on stream last night colouring this piece~

As well as those mentioned, I'd also like to take this chance to say thank you to everyone who helped me come out of my shell in the community and those who helped me improve with my art. Other notable mentions go to @Rezzy, @Arcanite and @Shuuda. I've improved so much thanks to your advice and support on my art thread.

Phina's colour palette is kind of odd but I did my best. I'm trying to be more bold with colours but trying not to overdo it at the same time...

E2ET1v3l.jpg

Why thank you, it's been nice to see you develop over the past year.  I think that Phina looks great.

2 hours ago, Natalie said:

E2ET1v3l.jpg

Wow

this is adorable ~ I need to check this thread more often

The eyes are.... perfect
or at least extremely close to perfection

You did a wonderful job on this one 
e4d52f4d69d7bba67e5fd70ffe26b70d.svg

Edited by Arcanite

18 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Why thank you, it's been nice to see you develop over the past year.  I think that Phina looks great.

Ahh thanks~

16 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Wow

this is adorable ~ I need to check this thread more often

The eyes are.... perfect
or at least extremely close to perfection

You did a wonderful job on this one 
e4d52f4d69d7bba67e5fd70ffe26b70d.svg

W-woah a gold star from Arcanite! Thank you :3

6 hours ago, milk said:

?????

good stuff. your style is very cute!!

Aww thank you~

Seeing as I'm finally actually using my twitter.

Finished a commission of Lute and boy, was I glad to be drawing her aha.

how she fights in those heels i'll never understand

53 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Seeing as I'm finally actually using my twitter.

Finished a commission of Lute and boy, was I glad to be drawing her aha.

how she fights in those heels i'll never understand

To be fair, those heels aren't that bad.  I've seen far worse.

On 20/05/2018 at 10:13 PM, Rezzy said:

To be fair, those heels aren't that bad.  I've seen far worse.

So have I, but I was just surprised. Especially because I know the difficulties of heels on damp grass.

I thought Lute was a sensible girl.

I'm back!

Natalie, these are amazing! It's been pretty neat watching you develop over the past year. I remember a little bit from back when you started and your works were a little bit more hit-or-miss... but now you're like a real professional! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

22 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I'm back!

Natalie, these are amazing! It's been pretty neat watching you develop over the past year. I remember a little bit from back when you started and your works were a little bit more hit-or-miss... but now you're like a real professional! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

Aww thanks Sully. I do work very hard on these so I'm glad it's paying off ^^

hatt's already seen this but eh you can't have too many reminders that it's your birthday and you're great
Happy Birthday @Septimius Severus!
You're great!
may you continue to spend your days loving soldier girls who forget their trousers in war

also @SullyMcGully you wanted to see this~