Natalie's Art (New: Sumia)

badatfireemblem

43 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

The colours are really good and I think you nailed Olivia's hair however her pose bothers me, particularly her extended leg, It looks like its bent the wrong way. Inigo looks fine to me. 

Thank you! Yes, I just realised haha. I did the feet and leg shading last and kind of rushed them, so a slightly revised version has been edited into the post which may be better.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look really good, as always! If I may suggest something, Olivia's foot - the one in the bottom-center of the painting - looks bent in an awkward/impossible angle. But other than that they're great. Especially Inigo! Don't think you can't draw men! I'd say you did a good job.

Nice work. I wouldn't take Inigo's girlishness too hard. One thing I've noticed from watching cosplayers and other artists is that a great deal of anime males have features and especially hairstyles that only women have in real life. I mean, even Chrom's hair is kinda girly from a western perspective.

8 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

They look really good, as always! If I may suggest something, Olivia's foot - the one in the bottom-center of the painting - looks bent in an awkward/impossible angle. But other than that they're great. Especially Inigo! Don't think you can't draw men! I'd say you did a good job.

8 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Nice work. I wouldn't take Inigo's girlishness too hard. One thing I've noticed from watching cosplayers and other artists is that a great deal of anime males have features and especially hairstyles that only women have in real life. I mean, even Chrom's hair is kinda girly from a western perspective.

Thanks so much guys! Yep, her other foot is also shaped wrong, so I'll change that when I get a chance.

My male drawings are still very... um... feminine, but that's probably partly my eye style and stuff.

16 hours ago, Natalie said:

I was so excited when I saw that Inigo was getting the official dancer outfit that he's always deserved, that I decided to go outside of my comfort zone and try and paint him. 

Now, I've mentioned several times how insanely bad I am at drawing men (mainly because I never studied the male form at college), but I feel I really ought to share this anyway. Basically, after finishing the Inigo painting, I then summoned an Inigo Dancer on Heroes, I told @Arcanite and they summoned one too. I feel like a wizard.

I then summoned Bubblemum an Olivia, so she asked me to paint her as well.

Olivia comes first because she's the better painting, in my opinion; this was my first time actually painting dancing figures, so I learned a lot from the Inigo one that I was able to transfer over to Olivia (pose, skin, fabrics etc). I would like to redo some sections on Inigo, but I also don't want to alter his summoning magic. Also, Inigo looks like a girl and I'm sorry.

EDIT: Changed foot position

I also forgot to mention that I left off her see-through genie pant things because they were kind of distracting. So yeah, have some leg instead.

mVaBwVbh.jpg

bf1tbzxh.jpg

Very nice, as you mentioned, Inigo looks a bit like a girl.  I'm no expert when it comes to art, but maybe accentuating the jaw line and giving him a bit more of a chin would make him look a bit more masculine.

On 10/4/2017 at 2:27 AM, Rezzy said:

Very nice, as you mentioned, Inigo looks a bit like a girl.  I'm no expert when it comes to art, but maybe accentuating the jaw line and giving him a bit more of a chin would make him look a bit more masculine.

Thanks Rezzy! Yeah, I could try that and see if it helps.

I decided to continue the Performing Arts theme while the banner is still going.

Fun Fact: Something about Azura's hair in this one makes me want to eat it.

nPRZFWZh.jpg

Edited by Natalie

Azura looks great! The only problem is that she looks a little bit... round. Not like the overweight kind of round, but more like a pretzel stick. I guess what I mean to say is that her body could probably use to be slightly wider. But I think you captured her face perfectly! I don't get what makes the hair edible, though...

15 hours ago, Natalie said:

Fun Fact: Something about Azura's hair in this one makes me want to eat it.

I like Sully dont see it, but if you have problems eating hair you should consult a doctor

I like the attention you payed to her hair

It is majestic

Her eyes too <3

14 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Azura looks great! The only problem is that she looks a little bit... round. Not like the overweight kind of round, but more like a pretzel stick. I guess what I mean to say is that her body could probably use to be slightly wider. But I think you captured her face perfectly! I don't get what makes the hair edible, though...

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I like Sully dont see it, but if you have problems eating hair you should consult a doctor

It is majestic

Her eyes too <3

It's called Pica.  But that hair is made of cotton candy, and I won't fault you for eating it.  I myself have delicious strawberry hair that I sometimes suck on.

Just now, Rezzy said:

It's called Pica

#BezoarsAreBizarrezoars

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

But that hair is made of cotton candy, and I won't fault you for eating it.  I myself have delicious strawberry hair that I sometimes suck on.

I think you should consult a doctor

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I think you should consult a doctor

I just consulted myself.  As long as I don't actually ingest it, no harm, no foul.

the eyes are my favourite part of the drawing by far, i love it. next is the colouring of the see through mesh veil (and the face underneath)..that takes some real skill to pull off !

maybe i don't know the character well but the body / dress is a bit weird for me, as in i can't place where her hands / shoulders / arms are. overall it's a really great drawing though

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's called Pica.  But that hair is made of cotton candy, and I won't fault you for eating it.  I myself have delicious strawberry hair that I sometimes suck on.

you know what they say about strawberry blondes

Edited by buttmuncher.ops

12 minutes ago, buttmuncher.ops said:

t

you know what they say about strawberry blondes

We combine the dumbness of blondes with the bad temper of redheads? 

It does look slightly like cotton candy, I guess. Doesn't mean I'd want to eat it though. Regardless, great work. The veil over her mouth is well done - I can't imagine that was easy to do. And the hair is done well. I'm seeing a couple of individual strands in there, and it makes it look realistic and unique - most people would just make it one giant mass, I believe.

And if you really do want to eat her hair, I agree with Arcanite - you need to consult a doctor, and not Rezzy at that.

Wow, do I get up in the morning feeling popular. Thanks for all the comments and stuff guys, it brings a tear to my eye~

18 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Thanks Sully. I do get what you mean. However her body shape is actually intentionally that way, because Azura is in fact a real life pretzel stick. Compared to real women like Titania, Azura is lacking in shape.

man, how can you not want to eat it?

it looks so tasty

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

It is majestic

Her eyes too <3

ahem *paid

Payed is to do with boats heh

Thank you~ 

Her hair and eyes are my favourite too.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Woah thanks for the diagnosis Rezzy! I mean I'm seeing it more as fondant icing, as in what you use on cakes. I want to eat it, but at the same time it's going to be way too sickly.

4 hours ago, buttmuncher.ops said:

the eyes are my favourite part of the drawing by far, i love it. next is the colouring of the see through mesh veil (and the face underneath)..that takes some real skill to pull off !

maybe i don't know the character well but the body / dress is a bit weird for me, as in i can't place where her hands / shoulders / arms are. overall it's a really great drawing though

Thanks! Okay, I can see the problem here. Her body is actually being hidden by some of her hair, so on the right the hair is draping over the shoulder which gives it an odd shape, and on the other side, the hair is flowing in front of the shoulder.

Thanks about the veil. It took my awhile to figure out the best way to pull that off so I'm glad it worked!

3 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

It does look slightly like cotton candy, I guess. Doesn't mean I'd want to eat it though. Regardless, great work. The veil over her mouth is well done - I can't imagine that was easy to do. And the hair is done well. I'm seeing a couple of individual strands in there, and it makes it look realistic and unique - most people would just make it one giant mass, I believe.

And if you really do want to eat her hair, I agree with Arcanite - you need to consult a doctor, and not Rezzy at that.

Personally, I think it's too thick and heavy for cotton candy, but you can imagine eating it like that if you want. Art is subjective, after all.

Aww thanks! I'm glad you noticed the strands. Imgur likes to destroy and compress so I'm surprised you could tell~

Here's a story for you. I have this problem with doctors. I was once going for a check up and they found something parasitic in my blood. My doctor was convinced I'd contracted a tropical disease even though I hadn't left the UK for eight years. Next thing, he's been going around the place telling everyone about it and all the nurses are asking about my holidays and where I'd been. Turns out it was something you pick up from cats but it's harmless.

Imagine the drama of saying I want to eat a drawing of hair...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been messing around with Halloween ideas and ended up accidentally painting a very rough, cat themed Anna. 
waifu kitty?
you're welcome

I'm planning an actual Halloween themed FE piece with probably two characters, which I'll be painting later this week. I have a couple of ideas, but feel free to suggest any characters/themes, as I haven't fully decided yet.

IhENbgrh.jpg  

Edited by Natalie

I feel like maybe you could have taken some more creative liberties with her clothing... not sure what though

Nothing really jabs out to me, it just looks like a little doodle~ Compared to the Azura one where here hair and everything looked AMAZE

Her tail looks odd at the end there... like someone just flattened it lol

also her cape seems a little less sharp on the end, like the edges are rounded. Perhaps to demonstrate flowiness? 

5 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Why do I get the feeling that Cat Anna will be DLC in the next Fire Emblem game?

pls hire me IS i want to draw cat wafius for the normies

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I feel like maybe you could have taken some more creative liberties with her clothing... not sure what though

Nothing really jabs out to me, it just looks like a little doodle~ Compared to the Azura one where here hair and everything looked AMAZE

Her tail looks odd at the end there... like someone just flattened it lol

also her cape seems a little less sharp on the end, like the edges are rounded. Perhaps to demonstrate flowiness? 

Yeah, same. But I couldn't think of anything...

You got that right. It's definitely more of a doodle than anything else.

I know what you mean about the tail. I guess I should go and make it more 3D sometime.

More like I got bored after drawing the face and couldn't be bothered with the rest~

I'll post something more finished when I have some free time~

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

This would be my thoughts. It's not bad, it's just... simple. That's not a bad thing - its just that nothing particularly stands out in this particular artwork.

I also noticed something minor - the tail doesn't seem to be attached to the dress. Admittedly, it is partially hidden under her arm, but I think the angle it is facing should result in some of it being seen between her arm and dress.

And if I may add a request - she doesn't have to be Halloween themed or anything, just the next time you feel like painting and have no idea what to make - could you try your hand at Olwen? She's my best unit when I play Heroes, so it would be nice to see if you could try to do a work of her.

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

This would be my thoughts. It's not bad, it's just... simple. That's not a bad thing - its just that nothing particularly stands out in this particular artwork.

I also noticed something minor - the tail doesn't seem to be attached to the dress. Admittedly, it is partially hidden under her arm, but I think the angle it is facing should result in some of it being seen between her arm and dress.

And if I may add a request - she doesn't have to be Halloween themed or anything, just the next time you feel like painting and have no idea what to make - could you try your hand at Olwen? She's my best unit when I play Heroes, so it would be nice to see if you could try to do a work of her.

Ooo thanks for pointing that out! t doesn't look like the tail is attached, but it is. The cloak ended up having a very similar red, and I didn't outline the tail so it looks like it's not attached. I'll change it when I get a moment.

I just pulled an Olwen a couple of days ago and she's awesome. I'm currently playing through FE4, then I'll do 5 and paint her. I always feel weird drawing characters from games I haven't played.

She looks pretty good! The colors and proportions all look nice for the most part, and her pose definitely seem Anna-like. The only thing I find a little odd that I don't think has been mentioned is her cape, specifically the way it's colored. It looks like there might be some slight shading in some parts, but everything is close enough in color to start blending together, which makes the perspective a bit odd. Although you did say that this was mostly just a doodle, so it's not really a huge deal; she still looks good regardless.

Wanna try your hand at drawing Arden? Since she's been recently added to Heroes, and you said you're playing through FE4 currently, could I make a request for Ayra? No big hurry, just if you're ever looking for someone to draw, like Rex Glacies suggested with Olwen. For a Halloween-themed character, the first thing that comes to mind is Lucina with a masquerade/ballroom mask, for some reason. Or an entire pumpkin on her head, but that's a bit less classy than just a mask.

9 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

She looks pretty good! The colors and proportions all look nice for the most part, and her pose definitely seem Anna-like. The only thing I find a little odd that I don't think has been mentioned is her cape, specifically the way it's colored. It looks like there might be some slight shading in some parts, but everything is close enough in color to start blending together, which makes the perspective a bit odd. Although you did say that this was mostly just a doodle, so it's not really a huge deal; she still looks good regardless.

Wanna try your hand at drawing Arden? Since she's been recently added to Heroes, and you said you're playing through FE4 currently, could I make a request for Ayra? No big hurry, just if you're ever looking for someone to draw, like Rex Glacies suggested with Olwen. For a Halloween-themed character, the first thing that comes to mind is Lucina with a masquerade/ballroom mask, for some reason. Or an entire pumpkin on her head, but that's a bit less classy than just a mask.

Thanks Meap! Yeah the cape needs more shading I'm just lazy.

The beauty that is Arden... Yep, that's totally fine. After I finish a couple of things, I'll get back to everyone's requests. 

Lucina with a masquerade mask does sound pretty cool! I'm not exactly Lucina's biggest fan so the pumpkin head is also calling to me though.

10 hours ago, Natalie said:

Thanks Meap! Yeah the cape needs more shading I'm just lazy.

The beauty that is Arden... Yep, that's totally fine. After I finish a couple of things, I'll get back to everyone's requests. 

Lucina with a masquerade mask does sound pretty cool! I'm not exactly Lucina's biggest fan so the pumpkin head is also calling to me though.

My reputation is spreading to even the Creative forums. What have you and Arcanite done to me.

Lucina with a mask would make for a better serious drawing, but the pumpkin head would make for a great goofier one. Either one would be cool to me, so I'll leave that up to you if you decide to draw her at all.

anna kitty is kute :3

pose is great, and all the proportions look very realistic to me. i really like the halloween outfit choice too :^)

for what people are saying about the tail, i don't really see it; but if you wanted to make it clearer, i think you could make the cape shorter, or have the cape flow above so the tail doesn't clash against it. idk tbh :unsure:

overall i love it, and can definitely see her sitting on a branch, broom, ledge, bench or wherever it is that kitties like to sit on for halloween :3