On one Jedah. (SPOILERS)

Here's a post I made in another topic discussing the overall plot. I'm sticking with what I posted. I'm curious about any extra views:

Putting onto Thane's post, I'll say that Jedah was wasted potential. 

When he first approaches Celica, he actually has a bit of a point. He say the dragon gods are degenerating (which is a plot point that ties in nicely with the rest of the series' depiction of them), and so we need you to sacrifice yourself to fix that

Now, the overall story pushes for "Death to the gods! We don't need them anymore!", and that's also a point. But Jedah's proposition, on its face, isn't a terrible offer either. Celica even calls it "too good to be true".

Unfortunately the scene goes downhill quick. Jedah talks about creating a nightmare world under the restored Duma by sacrificing Celica to Duma, in front of Celica. 

First off, I'm not seeing what makes Jedah figure a restored Duma would help with his chaos filled nightmare world plan. Not only do we see that Rigel for all its flaws isn't like that but Duma himself obeyed the pact he made with Mila and overall tried to avoid going to war with his sister. Frankly, the corrupted Duma would be better for spreading chaos.

Secondly, what makes Celica figure that Jedah would keep Alm safe and not screw over Zofia even after hearing his plan talk? 

You could have just made Jedah try to make Duma Great Again so that he'll keep Rigel strong and also get revenge on Zofia for not helping them during a famine (maybe even put a parallel with Chrom not letting Robin kill himself to stop Grima for good). You could have had him trying to turn the continent into one fit for Duma. You could have even had Jedah not do his dastardly plan talk when Celica was looking. But nooo.
Edited by Salamud